Thread: drink'n

android is offline New Member

drink'n

okay, so how many of us drink here???? i've got vodka-soda running, who finds it a detrimate????

lpicken is offline Associate Member
    Drinking certainly doesn't help anything but what is the point of working out and looking good if you can't buy a chick a drink? My biggest problem with drinking at the bars is the cost. I just blew $75 bucks and I am kicking myself because that is a half a cycle of test or a whole bunch of protien- if you happen to be on a budget.

sorry-double post.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Not I. That explains why Im here

aolsux00 is offline Associate Member
    For some reason, everytime I really try to not drink, something comes up and messed it up like last night..

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    No drink for me, maybe one before need to help me sleep, thats it though, those days are over for me.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't drink, does nothing for me. Sometimes, my wife and I will go out and have some wine or something; but other than that fo-get-about-it.

I don't care to spend all night acting lke an idiot only to spend the entire next day feeling like one. Stay sober a few times and watch how retarded people get... I guess, I just don't see the fun in getting wasted anymore... plus, it sets back my progress in the gym.

When I was single, going out and gettin' silly while doin' rounds around the bar lookin' for the latest hot thing was fun... but I guess after being married for a few years; it serves no purpose. I am pretty focused on staying healthy and making progress in the gym... sheeeeit... even on my day off I still wake up at 7 AM... guess I am gettin' old or something

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    what is worrying is how socializing seems to be largely alcohol orientated and somehow abstaining is antisocial,ive never understood how losing control of ones senses to whatever degree in the company of otheres doing the same thing can be stimulating,just hang out with ppl who dont drink iether,drunk chicks are a huge turnoff anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by scaramouche
    what is worrying is how socializing seems to be largely alcohol orientated and somehow abstaining is antisocial,ive never understood how losing control of ones senses to whatever degree in the company of otheres doing the same thing can be stimulating,just hang out with ppl who dont drink iether,drunk chicks are a huge turnoff anyhow
    Thank you. Today's scoiety so invloved with comsumption and tying it in with fun... go eat, go drink, go smoke - always dumpin' trash into your system in some hope for fun... but in reality your body evntually will bite back and the "fun" will result in a lazy, out-of-shape body. I don't put trash in my SUV's gas tank - I ain't gonna dump trash in my stomach.

I went to a buddy's wife's birthday party a week or two ago and when they met us at the door they said right away, "what would you like to drink?" I said, "Some water would be great - I am thristy." I felt the room get hotter and the chairs all squeek. "Water? Don't you want to have some fun?" WTF? I told him, "Sure - now get me a ****ing water."

ha ha been there too mate,get togethers like that are pianful at the best of times i allways end up leaving early cos they are all acting like total fukin twats after a short while thinking theyre being real cool and great company,next day they say hey man u shouldve stayed we all got so smashed it was great,yeh right u tosser ur welcome to it lol

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Well just because those people drink to much at a time doesn't mean everyone does. You can go out and drink and not loose control and act like an ass. Maybe the places i go are a little higher class where nobody is acting like a fool. But i never understood that defence against drinking. I don't want to get drunk and act like a fool. So don't! Have a couple drinks and be responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by lpicken
    Drinking certainly doesn't help anything but what is the point of working out and looking good if you can't buy a chick a drink? My biggest problem with drinking at the bars is the cost. I just blew $75 bucks and I am kicking myself because that is a half a cycle of test or a whole bunch of protien- if you happen to be on a budget.
    I wish i had a $75 tab. I hate NYC for that reason

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Well just because those people drink to much at a time doesn't mean everyone does. You can go out and drink and not loose control and act like an ass. Maybe the places i go are a little higher class where nobody is acting like a fool. But i never understood that defence against drinking. I don't want to get drunk and act like a fool. So don't! Have a couple drinks and be responsible.
    We will occasionally have some wine or a beer when we go out - but I don't care how "classy" of a party somebody throws - or how upscale the club is; people tend to eventually pass the shot glass tray and push for gettin' wasted like it's a good time. I don't see the good time in it anymore...

Plus, at this point my/our tollerance is pretty pathetic... so a couple drinks and I'll prolly be actin' a fool... Anyway, I just prefer not to drink much alcohol... just don't care to... and people love to push you to drink with them, like your insulting them otherwise...

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    I haven't drank much at all on cycle. I had two beers last night at a friends house and I woke up early this morning feeling like shite (two beers)
    I'm not touchen the stuff until after the cyle is over, if that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    We will occasionally have some wine or a beer when we go out - but I don't care how "classy" of a party somebody throws - or how upscale the club is; people tend to eventually pass the shot glass tray and push for gettin' wasted like it's a good time. I don't see the good time in it anymore...

Plus, at this point my/our tollerance is pretty pathetic... so a couple drinks and I'll prolly be actin' a fool... Anyway, I just prefer not to drink much alcohol... just don't care to... and people love to push you to drink with them, like your insulting them otherwise...
    I'm not trying to push any one to drink and if you don't enjoy it you definitely shouldn't do it. But i haven't seen anyone get out of control in years. Nobody falls all over them selves or gets in fights. No yelling or screaming. The average age where i go out is late 20's. So i guess most of us are past that drama.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    im not talking about losing TOTAL control,nomatter how little u drink u still lose SOME control of ur senses/judgement/facalties or whatever ud like to call it,dress it up how u like call it classy call it sophisticated alcohol effects me the same as it effects prince charles the same as it effects that homeless prophet and so on,i dont have a problem with ppl who chose to drink a little or a lot,abstaining is treated as an antisocial behaiviour b/c drinking and socailising are embedded in western society at a cultural level,i have a problem with society that promotes alcohol as a positve influence when infact its quite the opposite,i chose not to drink and i dont encourage others not to,i just dont see why i should be encouraged to drink all the time

Vinlander is offline Banned
    There's nothing wrong with occasional drinking, but anyone who's on a cycle that includes any orals would be pretty foolhearty to be downing large amounts of vodka tonic and think his liver won't look like a dried-up sponge in 10 years.

Use common sense.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    All I know is that I cannot stand alcohol. I ****ing hate it.

And I agree with Warrior, I have never been a club person and I think people that do it are pathetic.

I do not smoke pot anymore but if I had a choice, i would choose pot over alcohol anyday.

They should outlaw alcohol.
    ***No source checks!!!***

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    ha ha been there too mate,get togethers like that are pianful at the best of times i allways end up leaving early cos they are all acting like total fukin twats after a short while thinking theyre being real cool and great company,next day they say hey man u shouldve stayed we all got so smashed it was great,yeh right u tosser ur welcome to it lol
    i feel the exact same way...
    only reason people over indulge in alcohol is because they are trying to escape from something.. in most cases anyways.. sometimes its just a genetic craving linked to blood sugar.. either or.. not my thing.

chest6 is offline Banned
    im not talking about losing TOTAL control,nomatter how little u drink u still lose SOME control of ur senses/judgement/facalties or whatever ud like to call it,dress it up how u like call it classy call it sophisticated alcohol effects me the same as it effects prince charles the same as it effects that homeless prophet and so on,i dont have a problem with ppl who chose to drink a little or a lot,abstaining is treated as an antisocial behaiviour b/c drinking and socailising are embedded in western society at a cultural level,i have a problem with society that promotes alcohol as a positve influence when infact its quite the opposite,i chose not to drink and i dont encourage others not to,i just dont see why i should be encouraged to drink all the time
    Exactly. Everyone thinks there is something terribly wrong with me because I dont drink anymore. When I used to, I used to have prolly like 3x more friends. When I stopped..ppl quit calling me to hangout..and I definitely noticed they acted different around me...kinna sad in a way huh?

Whenever Im out and Im not drinking I cant tell you how many times I get asked "Why aren't you drinking?"

I know so many ppl from HS that were fvckin nobodys and had like no friends...and they were annoying as hell.

Now in college...they get drunk 4 nights a week and have 5x more friends..theyre still annoying to me but theyre accepted amongst everyone else as cool b/cuz they drink.

Snrf is offline Banned
    yeah i know whatcha mean chest, i have like no friends cuz i dont drink

who gives a **** tho really, even with the huge amount of £££ I spend on food etc I still have more money, and am bigger than them

drinking=

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    I used to drink a lot. Now I don't nearly as much. maybe twice a month. I always make sure I get up and do my cardio though. I live at the beach and can have a lot of fun there without drinking. My boys do and they run dumb cycleswith winny and dbol and drink like a fish. I tell them what it will do. they don't care but I warned them and am not their mother and harp on it but I made my point known.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    I am actually drinking right now. But it was the first day above 80 in SC and had to go to the beach to play teste balls. I got up and ran this morning though.

Vinlander is offline Banned
    Cheers on that drinking, bro. After the competition tomorrow evening, I'll be slamming some vodka since I've been off-cycle for a month now.

What's your poison?

Alcohol: She's a sly bitch. Two drinks takes the edge off and four puts it right back on. However, Winston Churchhill said it best: "I have always taken more from alcohol than it has taken from me."

Thread Information