LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

Anyone Else Get Way Exhausted?

I don't think this is a workout question as I'm just asking if anyone is like me, but it does have to do with working out so... Anyways, after 5 sets of squats and 5 sets of Leg Extensions I seem to have no energy left!!! I get on the Leg Curls but don't seem to have any energy and I still need to do ab and forearm work but have no energy! Now this is only with legs as I'm fine on other days with other bodyparts, but I was just wondering if anybody else loses tons of energy let alone their ability to walk straight after first couple exercises of legs?

Snrf is offline Banned
    no, i am a man

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    no, i am a man
    lol ditto.

keep doing it, and more, and you will adjust. its endurance your lacking

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    thats not a lot of leg work if u ask me---keep at it...it will get easier..
    I do 2 warmup sets of squats..6 working sets of 12-15reps. then presses-5sets of 12-15 & then extensions 4 sets of 12 & the last set to exhaustion.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018
    I don't think this is a workout question as I'm just asking if anyone is like me, but it does have to do with working out so... Anyways, after 5 sets of squats and 5 sets of Leg Extensions I seem to have no energy left!!! I get on the Leg Curls but don't seem to have any energy and I still need to do ab and forearm work but have no energy! Now this is only with legs as I'm fine on other days with other bodyparts, but I was just wondering if anybody else loses tons of energy let alone their ability to walk straight after first couple exercises of legs?
    For me. On one of my leg days for instance

I will do one heavy set of 4-8 reps until true failure. then for my second set, I will pick a weight I think I can only do 12 times, and i find it within myself to get at least 20 reps. IF i get 20, I keep going until I failure and let the bar role onto the supports. all quad sets are done in rock to bottom ass to grass fashion. Then, my favorite thing to do fo hamstrings , I do one set till failure of sumo leg presses, then rest pause leg curls after that set.

3 total sets, and that is all i need to make substantial size gains in my muscles and lift heavier weight than i did last time. IF anybody can duplicate any of those sets, they either did not work hard enough and are a pussy, or they are not human........After this, THEIR IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING MORE I CAN DO IN THE WEIGHT ROOM THAT IS GOING TO BE CONDUCIVE TO GROWING MUSCLE. After these three sets, I am on my death bed and either puking or dry heaving. after the nausia subsides, I do a life or death set for calves than leave

No, i dont feel like my energy runs out. I am not into doing pointless multiple sets that do nothing more than deplete my glycogen and amino acid pools and prolong recovery

sorry for the rant.

edit, i usually either puke or dry heave after the 20 rep quad exercise...that wait that off....Go through it one more time with hamstrings, then do calves and leave
    Last edited by IronReload04; 03-28-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    wow man, that was the most dramatic way ive heard someone describe a leg workout. on your death bed? life or death calf raises? are sure your not ill?

numbat is offline Member
    I get tore up and nascious at times over doing legs...Legs are by far the hardest thing for me to do..

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    THis sounds cool...My question is, when you have over 300lbs worth of weight on the bar, and you goto absolute failure with your 4-8 reps, do you unrack all the weight to set the bar back up off the catches? I mean if you are going to true failure your talking about the bar having to sit on the safety catches because you cant get it up, so in that case it would really suck if your working out alone.... Stupid question, but I just pictured u unloading all those plates just to set the bar up again...

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04

I will do one heavy set of 4-8 reps until true failure. then for my second set, I will pick a weight I think I can only do 12 times, and i find it within myself to get at least 20 reps. IF i get 20, I keep going until I failure and let the bar role onto the supports. all quad sets are done in rock to bottom ass to grass fashion. Then, my favorite thing to do fo hamstrings , I do one set till failure of sumo leg presses, then rest pause leg curls after that set.

3 total sets, and that is all i need to make substantial size gains in my muscles and lift heavier weight than i did last time. IF anybody can duplicate any of those sets, they either did not work hard enough and are a pussy, or they are not human........After this, THEIR IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING MORE I CAN DO IN THE WEIGHT ROOM THAT IS GOING TO BE CONDUCIVE TO GROWING MUSCLE. After these three sets, I am on my death bed and either puking or dry heaving. after the nausia subsides, I do a life or death set for calves than leave

No, i dont feel like my energy runs out. I am not into doing pointless multiple sets that do nothing more than deplete my glycogen and amino acid pools and prolong recovery

sorry for the rant.

edit, i usually either puke or dry heave after the 20 rep quad exercise...that wait that off....Go through it one more time with hamstrings, then do calves and leave

maxex is offline Member
    When I do legs it actually gives me more energy and makes me feel stronger all around.

But I have to limit my weight...one knee surgery is enough for me. Either way ad moderate weight it makes me feel like super man, and the more legs i do the stronger I feel on upper body days. DOn't ask me why.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    I don't do pointless sets... I do two warm ups and gradually work the weight up and I'm doing a nice 295 squat 6 times on my final set, gonna move up next week... Yeh, I don't do any cardio so maybe that's why I feel I have no energy...

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04

sorry for the rant.

what are you, the illegetimate child of dorian and coleman? J/K

props though for making gains with such a short workout.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Having the desire and courage to overcome the pain and exhaustion is what enables us to take the next step in our physical goals. Keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    THis sounds cool...My question is, when you have over 300lbs worth of weight on the bar, and you goto absolute failure with your 4-8 reps, do you unrack all the weight to set the bar back up off the catches? I mean if you are going to true failure your talking about the bar having to sit on the safety catches because you cant get it up, so in that case it would really suck if your working out alone.... Stupid question, but I just pictured u unloading all those plates just to set the bar up again...

actually I kind of lied...I have the supports set so low because i go ass to grass......I somtimes have a spotter help me get the last one, but I "know" without a doubt whether or not I have another one in me. and on the 20 repper, again, i know unequivically without a doubt if I can get another one or not, but somtimes i just drop the weight kinda gently and let it roll off my back when i am in the whole if i really really have to

Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    what are you, the illegetimate child of dorian and coleman? J/K

props though for making gains with such a short workout.

lol man....didnt mean to offend anyone dude....I know your lau***n on the other end and its all cool. But im runnin on low carbs now, and you know somtimes stupid shit gets to you and you get all irrational when that happens...

I didnt mean to turn this into a high volume vs low volume war...

But the workout is made by one of the best in the business and by a guy who is one of the most intellegent guys to ever be involved in bodybuilding, not saying their isnt the equivalent for hte high volume guys
    Last edited by IronReload04; 03-29-2007 at 06:31 PM.

and one last thing....honest to god, calves are the most brutally painful to train imo.....sure, quads you feel it after and you wanna puke and what not and you got all that lactic acid floating around

but in the moment, calves by far imo are the most painful to push because pain is a bigger limiting factor than strength and i dont think alot of people realize this.........12-15 reps with a 10 second negative in the absolute largest rom possible, hold in the deepest stretch possible for 5 seconds, and push em to the top to complete one rep......by reps 10-11, most people would quit, but instead grit your teeth and get all tearied eyed and will it up until true absolute failure

this is how we train calves

Thread Information