Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fordfan01 is offline Member

Soon to be SEAL bound!

Alright fellas prob gonna enlist via the delayed entry program within the next month or so. I am gonna start training with a SEAL motivator and i am starting Stew Smiths Navy SEAL workout program. Been doin a lot of research to TRY and prepare myself for BUD/S. Any advice or help from ex or current military would be great.

thore is offline Junior Member
    congrads. on your wanting to become one. That's the easy part. I'm not a seal myself, but have been training the past 4 years to get myself in tip top shape, to try out. A buudy of mine who graduated a year behind me, just graduated from buds this last class. Heck of an experience I hear. But like him and anyone else will tell you. It's more of a mental thing than physical. They will try to break you mentally every day. Your mind will go before your body will. Keep up the hard work, take one day at a time. And good luck

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    There's no way to mentally prepare yourself for the shit you're about to go through.

Best of luck bro ... stay strong.

ChaoticLifter is offline New Member
    I give it up to these guys. Seen that stuff on the discovery channel and it all I can say is Goooooooooooooodddddd Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. its about how much u want it.

thanks for the good words guys hey thore have u been testing urself in for the PST? If so wat r u numbers?

swim 10 min 30 sec.
    pushups 98
    situps 120
    pullups 17
    run 10 min. 45 sec.
    still trying to get the swim and run down. Are you getting the seal contract?

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    There's no way to mentally prepare yourself for the shit you're about to go through.
    Best of luck bro ... stay strong.
    Yeah man those Seal guys go through some serious training.

Good luck, if you put your mind to it you can do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by thore
    swim 10 min 30 sec.
    pushups 98
    situps 120
    pullups 17
    run 10 min. 45 sec.
    still trying to get the swim and run down. Are you getting the seal contract?

swim 10min 02 sec
    pushups 69
    situps 75
    pullups 15
    run 9 min 45 sec
    im just the opposite...im trying to get my other numbers up and yes im getting the contract

ru-ga-ru is offline Associate Member
    good luck my friend

STAY strong in the mind

No matter what. Push yourself

And WORK AS A TEAM

thanks for the motivation QS and rugaru

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    All of the physical preparation in the world cannot prepare the mind. It's "mind over matter" because when your mind is at peace, then nothing else matters.

Good luck to you!

So do yall think i should stop weight training all togather and concentrate on endurance or should i incorporate both?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I got done doing Stew Smiths workout like 3 months ago. Lol, its hell.

SEAL training is the toughest military training in the world, from 14 mile runs, to 8 mile ocean swims, to only sleeping about 10 hours during Hell Week.

Most dropouts happen because the water is ssssssssssooooooooooo cold. So if you can, go jump in some cold ocean water, or just cold water for that matter.
    For me, I can't swim very well, and to be a SEAL, you basically gotta have gills lol, so work on swimming, i.e. the sidestroke (soon tobe best friend).

When doing the drills, stay with the front pack. If they catch you behind, the get the "goon squad" on you, and make you do even more stuff.

Most of all, prepare yourself mentally. In whatever you have to do, know you will do it, do not think you might.

When you get into Hell Week, the key is to take it meal by meal. Just try to survive to the next meal, and once past Hell Week, you got it. If you can pass Hell Week, you should be in good shape.

Oh yeah, before all your ocean swims, most at night, they show you videos of shark attacks just ripping people up...lol STAY MENTALLY STRONG!

Good Luck bro.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordfan01
    So do yall think i should stop weight training all togather and concentrate on endurance or should i incorporate both?

drop the weights dude. If you have the book, "Stew Smith's COmplete Guide to Navy SEAL Training", theres no weights.

pushups, pullups, and lots of ab work...along with running and swimming.....that will best prepare you...lol, I threw up twice during the 440 yard sprints..those r killer.

hey bigsexy did the stew smith workout get u in killer shape?

Blog Entries
    hey bigsexy did the stew smith workout get u in killer shape?

Yeah. Like I said, Im not a great swimmer, so I skipped alot of that in the book, and just doubled up on bike.

When I was done, I wasn't any bigger, but my endurance went up like crazy. I can now run a good 10 miles, above average pace, without really getting winded.

If your looking for endurance, which Navy SEALs are of course, that book is great. I even got the next one...I believe its called, "complete guide to navy seal cross training"...its a year long workout, split up into 4, 3 month sections...I will start it in about 5 months.

If you live close, or have the money. Go to Maryland and work out with Stew himself, for a weekend. Alsome experience, have done it twice. My swim times more horrible before I met him. Went there, he showed me the proper technique of the sidestroke, and it cut my time by 2 min 30 sec. You also get to pt with future buds that are getting ready. Great time.

Quote Originally Posted by thore
    If you live close, or have the money. Go to Maryland and work out with Stew himself, for a weekend. Alsome experience, have done it twice. My swim times more horrible before I met him. Went there, he showed me the proper technique of the sidestroke, and it cut my time by 2 min 30 sec. You also get to pt with future buds that are getting ready. Great time.

Do you know how I can find out about meeting with him and prices?

www.stewsmith.com Alot of great information. Last I was there was 80 bucks for the weekend

wow how long ago where u there cause its 900 for 10 hours now!!!

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    my office partner was a Navy seal and he said they would drop him in the middle of the ocean and if he got to the boat at least 5 seconds late they would leave him and he would have to swimm all the way to shore.

Blog Entries
    wow how long ago where u there cause its 900 for 10 hours now!!!

haha yeah, awhile back I checked, and its rather pricey if I remember.

i got intouch with a local SEAL motivator and when i sign up for the delayed entry program, he is goin to work with me so i doubt ill be shelling out that much doe

Blog Entries
    i got intouch with a local SEAL motivator and when i sign up for the delayed entry program, he is goin to work with me so i doubt ill be shelling out that much doe

yeah, between him, and the book. your golden. That is, if you can do it and stay mentally strong.

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx
    yeah, between him, and the book. your golden. That is, if you can do it and stay mentally strong.

I am very movitvated and i am ready for all the pain in the world. I want to be pushed to my limits and beyond!

yea i bought that entire video set a while back ....i watch one everyday and it gets me more motivated everytime i watch one

hopefully you make it man. I wish you the best.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Remember that the drop out rate is above 70%, and is higher in the winter months. I have spent time in Coronado, and it suck there. I took the SEAL indoc a while ago, when they were offering $40,000 enlistment bonus upon completing BUDS, still think about it sometime. But consider this, just because you don't quit doesn't mean you will make it. You can get med rolled, or dropped for failure to adapt. Practice running in the sand, because you can be a great runner on the pavement, but the sand will change that all together, it makes your lungs burn like crazy.

Here is some of the fun stuff you get to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lsc_X7ls8o

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by king6
    Remember that the drop out rate is above 70%, and is higher in the winter months. I have spent time in Coronado, and it suck there. I took the SEAL indoc a while ago, when they were offering $40,000 enlistment bonus upon completing BUDS, still think about it sometime. But consider this, just because you don't quit doesn't mean you will make it. You can get med rolled, or dropped for failure to adapt. Practice running in the sand, because you can be a great runner on the pavement, but the sand will change that all together, it makes your lungs burn like crazy.

Here is some of the fun stuff you get to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lsc_X7ls8o
    yes i understand how difficult it is to pass but i will be ready and i also heard that the NSCW did away with winter classes because the extremely high drop out rate. Yea i live about 2 hours from the beach so i plan on goin pretty often to run.

thanks firmec and doc

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Props for your decision sir.

I wish you the best of luck.

thanks flgator hey guys when i talked with a recruiter he told me that i could transfer my credits i have from college and the navy would pay for me to finish up and get a degree while i was enlisted. Is this true or is he full of hot air? b/c if i leave college to go to the navy i still want to get a degree

alphaman is offline Member
    Good luck. I was very close to doing what you're doing, but I was talked out of it by a very prominent SEAL who was my best friend's step-dad. (I had a wife and a kid very young)

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    Good luck. I was very close to doing what you're doing, but I was talked out of it by a very prominent SEAL who was my best friend's step-dad. (I had a wife and a kid very young)

what were some of the reasons he gave you to not go?

alphaman is offline Member
    what were some of the reasons he gave you to not go?

The one that got me was that I would go to work one day, just like any other day, and I wouldn't come home. I would be gone for an undisclosed (to my family) period of time and my wife wouldn't know where I was or when I'd be back. He said it ruined his first two marraiges. I didn't want my son to go through the same thing I did.

He told me a bunch of other crazy stuff that won't stop you and wouldn't have stopped me if it weren't for my situation. I am jealous of you!

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    The one that got me was that I would go to work one day, just like any other day, and I wouldn't come home. I would be gone for an undisclosed (to my family) period of time and my wife wouldn't know where I was or when I'd be back. He said it ruined his first two marraiges. I didn't want my son to go through the same thing I did.

He told me a bunch of other crazy stuff that won't stop you and wouldn't have stopped me if it weren't for my situation. I am jealous of you!
    thats one thing im worried about cause i am in a serious relationship and im wondering if i should ask her to marry her before i go or not

hunter7 is offline Junior Member
    good luck, my buddy got a seal bid as an officer his times are;
    run 7.30
    pullups -over 40
    swim- just over 7 minutes
    pushups -140

as you can see by the times you need to be a freak of nature and your times do not compare to his.....yet, keep working..weights wont help you at all

yea those are absolutely crazy times even though that run times seems a lil hard to believe thats a 3min 45 sec mile and the world record is around that however im sure hes damn fast however i havent been training for these events so ill have much better numbers as the months go on

those are crazy scores. Awsome. Just remember though it is mostly mental. My buddy that graduated in the last class said that there were guy's that had those kind of scores there, but couldn't cut it mentally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information