MBaraso is offline Retired Mod

Bouncers: What do you carry?

Just curious to see what bouncers carry across the US?

PA: We carry a security wand (metal detector & flashlight), Pepper Gel, and we're all mic'ed w/ blackbox radios...

???

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    I carry my fists and a world of pain behind them. We used the boxes too when I bounced.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    wow ... Mbaraso ... blast from the past

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    flashlight and radio

anabolicshark is offline Associate Member
    back in the day,
    brass knuckess all the time... flashlight you really cant to without.. so thats a standard... some guys used to carry papper.. but that creates panic once its in the air.. i did my stuff silently right in the ribbss.. wow its been a loooooooooooong time

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    radio and my 2 fists, i call them law and order

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    I HAVE FOUND THE BO'STAFF TO BE VERY EFFECTIVE!
    but thas just me.. wat kan i say..

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    not allowed to carry anything and we are reguarly searched by police these days. Back in the good old days 2 dusters - one for each hand.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    flashlight and radio.

stuball is offline Banned
    Do you guys go to work to hurt people, or to maintain peace when shit gets out off control, i could see carrying all that shit if your alone, but you guys sound worse than the people you throw out.. And 1/2 the time these guys are drunk off there asses, do you really need that much force, maybe if you were out numbered i could see extreme force...

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    Back in the good old days 2 dusters - one for each hand.
    ???

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Flashlights and radios.

The crew is all juiced to the gills, no need for weapons, appearance alone intimidates most reckless patrons...if their is an unruly one or two that needs some direction, nothing a little physical persuasion don't cure...

Any brutality is left to the boys in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoXracer
    ???

LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by shrpskn
    Flashlights and radios.

The crew is all juiced to the gills, no need for weapons, appearance alone intimidates most reckless patrons...if their is an unruly one or two that needs some direction, nothing a little physical persuasion don't cure...

Any brutality is left to the boys in blue.
    Thats it !!! I see to many pussy bouncers, gang up one one guy thats 140 saoken wet, then walk away like bad asses when the reality is 1/2 these guys would get a beatin fighten these guys one on one !!!

Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    Thats it !!! I see to many pussy bouncers, gang up one one guy thats 140 saoken wet, then walk away like bad asses when the reality is 1/2 these guys would get a beatin fighten these guys one on one !!!
    I agree....

I won't even patron a club that has these types walking around...

I've seen where sometimes they'll provoke the incidents just to rough up a bumbling drunk and make themselves look like some badasses...I can't stand these type of douche bags.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    When I was bouncing at a bunch of bars all I had was a radio, other than that I was on my own. There was one bar that I was at that provided a baton/flashlight however

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    being 6'6 285 make enough people listen to me before i have to do anything
    i work at college bars no so i don't carry anything when i work at the bars in chicago where it was a radio witha ear piece and all that shit. i know high profiel area you sometime need a blue card which mean you can carry a conceal weapon

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    being 6'6 285 make enough people listen to me before i have to do anything
    i work at college bars no so i don't carry anything when i work at the bars in chicago where it was a radio witha ear piece and all that shit. i know high profiel area you sometime need a blue card which mean you can carry a conceal weapon
    Yeah, at that size i think one look at ya would do the trick, but then you do got the guys with beer muscles that think the can kick ass.. Then instead of fvckin him up ya grab him by the neck and throw him out the door..

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    Yeah, at that size i think one look at ya would do the trick, but then you do got the guys with beer muscles that think the can kick ass.. Then instead of fvckin him up ya grab him by the neck and throw him out the door..
    i am more a fan of the choke hold and draggin have out so fast his feet drag so when you do throw him out he has to check his breath so he can't yell shit at you

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    i am more a fan of the choke hold and draggin have out so fast his feet drag so when you do throw him out he has to check his breath so he can't yell shit at you
    Great move, at least you not kickin him when hes dowm..

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    M16....

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    M16....
    psh Hadooken > M16!

i always wanted to develop some mercury / cornflour filled type of gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by shrpskn
    I agree....

I won't even patron a club that has these types walking around...

I've seen where sometimes they'll provoke the incidents just to rough up a bumbling drunk and make themselves look like some badasses...I can't stand these type of douche bags.
    i had to,
    in the club where i used to work, we started as 6 guys, one by one they got fired, and my best friend and i were at the end the only two left, cheap ass owner would prefer to pay us funny little amount more then to hire other guys, i was in college needed money bad, so was my best friend, it was college bars area, kind of preppy too, almost 75% of our clientale was beer muscle punks that would get out of control for sure by the end of the night, we avg. 700-800 people traffic everynight, personaly i prefer jiu jitsu holds, dont really care to hurt or fight, not what so ever, yet when only two guys in the club and you know that all the punks come in packs, brass knuckles were pretty modest i think... i do admit using it, but hey man when its dark and you are the only sobber guy 3,4 to 1, no matter how juiced or big you are (i am 6'4 240 not so small) they will just want to prove how 'STUPID' you are, or how its all fake and they have the balls, its not worth a risk..
    i personly enjoyed the fear they had after one perticular fight where us two took the whole group out, small circle of clubs same crowd people learn fast... and thats all it took... i go to clubs to enjoy, relax, i dont pick on anyone, people knock down my drink bump in to me STARE AT MY GIRL... so be it, but as soon as anyone take action and gets a boost because they are 3-4 guys, or a group... i say "BRING IT ON" dont really argue much... same as when i worked, the owner was familly to me, so i understood the bussnes aspect, is to let them enjoy.. and that is what it should be... but never the less, the second anyone crosses the line just cuz, or "AND WHAT, WHAT YOU GONNA DO BIG BOY! (as his pencil head friends gather behind him all looking tough)"
    you tell me....
    Last edited by anabolicshark; 04-01-2007 at 09:04 AM.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    In my bouncin days! We had 23 guys in the club in New York. We had a few intimidating MoFo's too.
    Lookin jacked goes a long way.....even back then!

MJ

stacked566 is offline Associate Member
    Eh, nothing too crazy happens in the college bars I bounce at. It's just me and my fratnernity brother, both ex fb players, although he does MMA now. I'm 5'9 215 and hes 5'11 200, so we're not comical sized, but easily the biggest guys in the bar at this particular school, except for some of the other football players that come in. But they don't usually start anything. It's the townies that are the worst. We both just have flashlights and are mic'ed up on the weekends.

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    does anyone carry a bottle of "rear naked choke" by any chance?

gigem is offline Banned
    2 18s

walkie talkie,lead gloves not sopposed to by law but......

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    officially knuckles....
    and a 9..

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Superhuman is offline Banned
    1st club I worked at: Mini-Flashlights (just to signal for help if needed)

2nd club: nothing but my hands

3rd club: Secret Service style radios, all the other guys carried 9's but i was too young

4th club: nothin but my hands

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    For you younger bouncers...The days of beating the sh!t outta ppl and or chokeing them out...Those days are over. You wanna get sued? Yes "Back in the day" you could get away with giving someone a good laceing but today you cant...
    Do yourself a favor and get licensed for pepperspray. It costs about $125 and it's well worth it...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    For you younger bouncers...The days of beating the sh!t outta ppl and or chokeing them out...Those days are over. You wanna get sued? Yes "Back in the day" you could get away with giving someone a good laceing but today you cant...
    Do yourself a favor and get licensed for pepperspray. It costs about $125 and it's well worth it...
    Exactly. All you guys carrying brass knuckles and what not. You are looking for a trip to jail. They will arrest you. And chances are the bar and yourself will get sued.

^^^^^ AGREE, in many states IT IS ILLEGAL TO EVEN POSSES a BRASS KNUCKLE... and you do get charged for weapon possesion, almost same as carrying a knife or small fire arm
    ( hides his brass knuckless and whissles away..................)

Pick and choose your battles I would love to see some drunk asshole claim I used anything on him.These days the bouncers greatest enemy is the cell phone camara damn I hate those things

Dave-D is offline Junior Member
    We used flashlights and a radios. The best weapon is a fast responce by multiple bros. No one wants to f@#k with that.
    Last edited by Dave-D; 07-16-2007 at 05:25 AM.

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    a knife for last means self protection. Some guys carried mace. The bar i worked at was the shittiest job of my life. For the most part it was a bunch of meatheads pretending they were important, carrying out the holy job of bouncing for $6.50 / hour. Most of them overreacted and kicked people out for rediculous things, which pissed me off esp. when it was a night where there was a cover of 10$ or more, which was essentially ripping people off. I only went to maintain the peace, and acted only when absolutely neccesary. Plus i didnt want to do more work than i needed to. A lot of the guys would try and pressure me into kicking dudes out that really hadnt done anything, so we had some idealogical conflicts. Glad im done with that bullshit. Some guys were decent tho. A lot of them were young army vets, Iraq, kuwait, etc. The owner was a peice of shit too
    Last edited by tadpoleboyy; 07-15-2007 at 10:19 PM.

Thread Information