jmax is offline Associate Member

seen 300 last week

i thought it was awesome and would see it again. And I'm pretty picky with movies

chest6 is offline Banned
    yep, one of the best ive seen in a long time

too short me thinks

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    if its too long it will get boring, so I think it was perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by wishmasterATM
    if its too long it will get boring, so I think it was perfect...
    do you want to fight about it

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    it wasnt a bad movie by any means, i enjoyed it, but dont see where the hype came from. i, along with everyone that i know who has seen all these films, think 300 doesnt compare to braveheart, gladiator, or saving private ryan (another war film, if your wondering about the correlation)

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    i loved it!!! it was really easy to get too into--- i felt like i lived in sparta the day after... haha

Foskamink is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    it wasnt a bad movie by any means, i enjoyed it, but dont see where the hype came from. i, along with everyone that i know who has seen all these films, think 300 doesnt compare to braveheart, gladiator, or saving private ryan (another war film, if your wondering about the correlation)
    yeh spot on mate

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    timm1704 those were f-ing awsome movies 300 def doesnt compare to them it was a sick movie and even better in IMAX but nothing compares to braveheart

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i wish i was a spartan...as long as i would be able to bring my enhancing chemicals through time with me

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    i am a spartan.....jealous number twelve?

Quote Originally Posted by donniebrasco
    do you want to fight about it

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!..lol

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    the movie sucked, damn propaganda, anyone who knows anything about history knows what really happend, and oh yeah persians look like orcs lol

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    the movie sucked, damn propaganda, anyone who knows anything about history knows what really happend, and oh yeah persians look like orcs lol
    right......well for the most part that is right on par with history......they do ignore the sea battle that's going on concurrently as they make it look like all the persian ships get wrecked but the whole thing with the 300 and their stand in that pass at Thermopolae is correct granted there were a few thesbians that stood with the 300 but that always gets left out, not just in this movie.........and the movie was ****in awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPARTANS!!!!! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    right......well for the most part that is right on par with history......they do ignore the sea battle that's going on concurrently as they make it look like all the persian ships get wrecked but the whole thing with the 300 and their stand in that pass at Thermopolae is correct granted there were a few thesbians that stood with the 300 but that always gets left out, not just in this movie.........and the movie was ****in awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPARTANS!!!!! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!!!
    there were 7000 soldiers from different parts of greece plus 300 the spartans, not only 300 spartans alone. and no xerxes didnt look like a gay transvestite and his bodyguards the immortals were not orc looking creatures, other than that the movie was not more than ok.

picture of the real xerxes vs the gay transvestite xerxes from the movie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails seen 300 last week-santoro_xerxes.jpg   seen 300 last week-xerxes.jpg  

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Duh the two picures look different... He shaved in one of them!

not standing with the spartans there weren't......there were a handful of other soldiers from Thesbia that stayed with the spartans til the end.....and they showed that the athenians were with them up to the final battle so quit saying it's so inaccurate cause it's not......oh and the persians with their mighty army did LOSE.....they never took greece.........lol and xerxes looks much cooler as what you call a gay transvestite

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    not standing with the spartans there weren't......there were a handful of other soldiers from Thesbia that stayed with the spartans til the end.....and they showed that the athenians were with them up to the final battle so quit saying it's so inaccurate cause it's not......oh and the persians with their mighty army did LOSE.....they never took greece.........lol and xerxes looks much cooler as what you call a gay transvestite
    "In the middle of the sixth century BC, the Greek city-states along the coast of Asia Minor came under the control of the Lydians and their king, Croesus (560-546 BC). However, when the Persians conquered the Lydians in 546 BC, all the states subject to the Lydians became subject to the Persians. The Persians controlled their new subject-states very closely; they appointed individuals to rule the states as tyrants. They also required citizens to serve in the Persian army and to pay fairly steep taxes."

"In the middle of the sixth century BC, the Greek city-states along the coast of Asia Minor came under the control of the Lydians and their king, Croesus (560-546 BC). However, when the Persians conquered the Lydians in 546 BC, all the states subject to the Lydians became subject to the Persians. The Persians controlled their new subject-states very closely; they appointed individuals to rule the states as tyrants. They also required citizens to serve in the Persian army and to pay fairly steep taxes."
    i meant greek proper.....i know damn well that that small area was taken and then it rebelled and the athenians lent their support to the rebels and that's what made Xerxes want to invade greece.....he wanted revenge

hmmm i just realized i prolly just quoted the wrong time period as the time you're talking about is almost into Roman era......

hahah the movie kicked ass, ... maybe if your looking for exact history, tune in for history channel...where the past comes to live..lol..

"I am Xerxes, Emperor of Persia, son of Darius, grandson of Cyrus. My grandfather Cyrus liberated the Jews from their Babylonian exile and let them return to Judea and rebuild their temple. My father Darius urged our people to revere the 'God of Daniel.' I myself married Esther, a Jew."

"I come from a long line of believers in the One God preached by Zarathustra, our Persian prophet whose teachings have influenced the Jews during their exile among us. I refer specifically to their concepts of Satan, Heaven and the future Messiah which weren't part of their pre-exile belief system and are clearly borrowings from our Persian religion.

"I am now embarking on the conquest of Greece, a backward region populated by primitive polytheists who worship capricious amoral deities and practice absurd religious rites. But my ancestors and I, having already conquered many Ionian Greeks, respect Greek philosophers and indeed have many of them in our employ. We have established a multi-ethnic empire. In that empire, Greeks fill important roles from the Mediterranean to India.

"These Spartans confronting us at Thermopylae are cruel men who annually--for sport!-- make war on the defenseless helots that live around them. They have nothing to tell us Persians---or the world in general---about 'freedom.'!"

lol just felt like posting that. nah the movie wasnt that good, i still like braveheart and gladiator more. 300 was like watching a chuck norris or steven seagal movie, you know they kill like 50ppl and get away with it without a scratch.. kinda boring..

"I am Xerxes, Emperor of Persia, son of Darius, grandson of Cyrus. My grandfather Cyrus liberated the Jews from their Babylonian exile and let them return to Judea and rebuild their temple. My father Darius urged our people to revere the 'God of Daniel.' I myself married Esther, a Jew."

"I come from a long line of believers in the One God preached by Zarathustra, our Persian prophet whose teachings have influenced the Jews during their exile among us. I refer specifically to their concepts of Satan, Heaven and the future Messiah which weren't part of their pre-exile belief system and are clearly borrowings from our Persian religion.

"I am now embarking on the conquest of Greece, a backward region populated by primitive polytheists who worship capricious amoral deities and practice absurd religious rites. But my ancestors and I, having already conquered many Ionian Greeks, respect Greek philosophers and indeed have many of them in our employ. We have established a multi-ethnic empire. In that empire, Greeks fill important roles from the Mediterranean to India.

"These Spartans confronting us at Thermopylae are cruel men who annually--for sport!-- make war on the defenseless helots that live around them. They have nothing to tell us Persians---or the world in general---about 'freedom.'!"

lol just felt like posting that. nah the movie wasnt that good, i still like braveheart and gladiator more. 300 was like watching a chuck norris or steven seagal movie, you know they kill like 50ppl and get away with it without a scratch.. kinda boring..

LOL well that wont convince me of anything.....i don't believe in any one god and if i did believe in such things Odin would be my leader......and sorry....but i value fighting and strength of will and the dawn of battle more than any christian or jewish ethics....

Thread Information