king6 is offline Anabolic Member

Old friends from high school

Does any of the older crowd (I hate how that sounds ) still keep in touch with people from high school? I went out last night with some people I have not seen in like 6 years, and I was the only one that was in good shape and had all his hair. Kind of ***ressing, maybe it is a good thing I go to school with younger people, seems I can relate a little more closely.

how old are you.
    i still see a few of them, some i avoid like the plague - which is why i dont join myspace / facebook etc.

Quote Originally Posted by donniebrasco
    how old are you.
    i still see a few of them, some i avoid like the plague - which is why i dont join myspace / facebook etc.
    I'm 25, yeah myspace is the hookup for old friends. I just use it to spy on hot girs in my college.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i have my ten year reunion in a fw weks and i am up like 100 pounds since HS and i am very succesful now so i cant ****in wait to go back...

Snrf is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    i have my ten year reunion in a fw weks and i am up like 100 pounds since HS and i am very succesful now so i cant ****in wait to go back...
    hijack...what do you do?

i hated highschool....you couldn't pay me to go to a reunion lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    hijack...what do you do?

i hated highschool....you couldn't pay me to go to a reunion lol
    Do you still keep in touch with Paris?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Most of the people I went to school with are probably dead, that was 35 years ago !!!!!!

Snrf is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by king6
    Do you still keep in touch with Paris?
    all the time, didn't you see the movie we made?

HS was good for me, not great but not hatefilled either...

i am the district manager for an Instrumentation/Electrical comapny in Calgary Alberta...i have about 10 guys workin for me and i make close to 130k a year salary now with bonuses, paid vacation, and paid overtime too....our company builds and maintains oil proccessing plants and Gas refineries around the world...

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    i keep in touch with the majority of the crew from HS....every year we still get together in our hometown & play football at thanksgiving & go out to dinner to catch up

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    all the time, didn't you see the movie we made?

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    I'm 25, yeah myspace is the hookup for old friends. I just use it to spy on hot girs in my college.
    where did you go to school that your 25 and of all your friends your the only one in shape and have all your hair? 25 isnt old man.

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    where did you go to school that your 25 and of all your friends your the only one in shape and have all your hair? 25 isnt old man.
    No kidding!! I couldn't figure it out, were still real young, but they look like 5 years older than me. In school kids still think I am their age, although most of them ask me my age, because I'm bigger than about 95% of them. And they are all suprised when I tell them how old I am. These people did not have rough lives, I spent 5 years in the Marines, and the Marines can age you faster than anything. I guess some people are fine with the way they are, and that is ok, I just was supprised to see how much people have changed over the years.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    ^^ dude, I know what you mean, I went the military route after HS and all my friends went to college.

every thanksgiving and christmas we go back home and well go to the local bar and "catch up" w/ people the thing is no one cares its always so what are you up to well blah blah blah and 5 min later you dont even remember what it is they do are said.

and yeah no one ever looks better after high school everyone gets fat and out of shape except for the guys who had some type of complex growing up and got bit by the iron bug.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I wasn't very popular in my HS. I don't keep in touch with any of them. But in the summer i do run into them often. I went to HS in a beach town so when i go in the summer i usually see some of them. Its great when they look like shit or the its girl who peaked at 18. And then there is me with my gorgeous girl

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    lol, since when are we the older crowd?

I see my high school friends fairly consistently. Probably because I'm going to school in the state i grew up in, not far from the town where i grew up.

when Freshman in college talk about how they used to rent Billy Maddison when they were in 2nd grade. (kinda felt old that day)

Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    when Freshman in college talk about how they used to rent Billy Maddison when they were in 2nd grade. (kinda felt old that day)
    Exactly, the other day I quoted a line from Warren G's regulators and no one knew what I was talking about!!! I mean come on!!!!

Exactly, the other day I quoted a line from Warren G's regulators and no one knew what I was talking about!!! I mean come on!!!!

What you talking about.....seriously i am 28 and i have no idea...

Webb, you gotta be handy with the steal around here if you know what I mean, earn your keep.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    Webb, you gotta be handy with the steal around here if you know what I mean, earn your keep.

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i was pretty popular in highschool, was friends with everyone, qb of the football team that whole deal. and now i only talk to about 6 kids out of the 1500 in the graduating class. and highschool was only 3 years ago for me.

OPSTER is offline Associate Member
    Don't know a single person from high school... that place sucked for me.

Receiver84 is offline Associate Member
    I hated High School. I was always in the middle group. Not popular but not made fun of. Most of my memories are not great. That said, I am thick as thieves with some of the core group I hung out with. We don't get to see each other that much since I live far away but the phone calls are consistent. They're my boyz!

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Many of the kids I hung out with in HS are dead or in jail... I grew up in the hood.... G. lol-

BTW- 25 old!?? Shit man...Im 27, and I feel like im in my f'in PRIME right now. (and I had a VERY, VERY, rough life growing up).

Guess everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    Many of the kids I hung out with in HS are dead or in jail... I grew up in the hood.... G. lol-

BTW- 25 old!?? Shit man...Im 27, and I feel like im in my f'in PRIME right now. (and I had a VERY, VERY, rough life growing up).

Guess everyone is different.
    I guess, but being surrounded by 18 year olds makes anyone feel old I guess.

southmadejd is offline Member
    King are you like me.....I just got out of the Marine Corps after 5 years and I am finally using the GI Bill to go back to school. Man some of the kids I see on campus are so f-cking young looking. The worse part is when a damn class discussion starts about politics or the situations going on in the Middle East and some 18 yr old brat automatically thinks they have life figured out and will give some sort of absurd response.

But in response to your question about hanging out with old high school friends....I still do that every now and then and although I am in better shape then all of them, I got cursed with the bald genetics....luckily I don't have a mis-shaped head so I can shave it....of course that never stopped sloth from the Goonies.

chest6 is offline Banned
    most of my good friends are from HS. I guess cuz im only 2 years removed from it. I hang out with them during summers and winter breaks...

Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd
    King are you like me.....I just got out of the Marine Corps after 5 years and I am finally using the GI Bill to go back to school. Man some of the kids I see on campus are so f-cking young looking. The worse part is when a damn class discussion starts about politics or the situations going on in the Middle East and some 18 yr old brat automatically thinks they have life figured out and will give some sort of absurd response.

But in response to your question about hanging out with old high school friends....I still do that every now and then and although I am in better shape then all of them, I got cursed with the bald genetics....luckily I don't have a mis-shaped head so I can shave it....of course that never stopped sloth from the Goonies.
    Yeah, they piss me off sometimes, they have no opinions of their own, they just parrot what everyone else says. At least the girls are hot, but they can be a pain in the ass too. God forbid you don't return their call within 10 min, or return their text message right away. I think that is what causes your hair to fall out.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    most of my good friends are from HS. I guess cuz im only 2 years removed from it. I hang out with them during summers and winter breaks...
    Same here. My highschool friends will be my lifelong friends for sure. They are the ones who know me best and were there the longest.

I grew up in a small community, so I was with the same people for K-12. Grew up with them. 12 years is a long time to spend with people, I wish I kept in touch with some of them.

HansVonSchnittchen is offline Junior Member
    Hey King,

I grew up with the same people too k-12. I still keep in touch with a lot of them. Congrats on staying in shape, but don't give yourself much credit for still having your hair, because genetics plays a huge role, as you probably already know. I made some great friends growing up, in college, and at work. There are still many more to make. Sadly, I just went to a wake a few days ago for a buddy of mine from high school. He was only a day older than me, he was a great guy to be around. Always had good times when I was hanging out with him.

Thread Information