Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

It's TOO dam hot!!!

I can't stand heat!! Now this may not be hot for your southerners but I'm not used to it....and I don't like it!! It's been like 37 degrees celcius for the past 4 days and is supposed to extend into the weekend (for those who don't know the conversion, that is approximately 104 degrees farenheit)!! It's even hot in the friggin basement!! I can't wait for fall to get here!! Or better yet, I'll drift away into memories of this past February (complete with pics )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's TOO dam hot!!!-snow-day-2.jpg  

This bad boy is topless at present
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's TOO dam hot!!!-snow-day-5.jpg  

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I agree Pete! Itīs damn hot i have trouble sleeping at night, cant wait for some 8 feet snow!

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    That sucks that you don't like the heat, I live in Florida so it's hot all the time, and I love it. Snow is just too cold.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Oh hell no Pete. If I saw snow outside my house like that I wouldn't leave all winter. I'd be hibernating like a bear all fall and winter.

Where I work out it's 110-113 w/ the heat index and I love it. Leave the gym looking like you just got finished swimming.
    I hate winter and fall. And Houston's cold season is pretty damn mild.
    Shorts in January, thats how I like it.

The only thing I don't like is Houston's 100% humidity every damn day.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    HOT is right...to hot...XXL

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    I hear ya about Houston pheedno. Yesterdays humidity was disgusting. Temp wasnt bad, but clothes are soaked in 2 minutes.

Ah....cool snow!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's TOO dam hot!!!-snow-day-6a.jpg  

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    Pete

Can I tempt you with the traditional British summer, then: never higher than 18 C, and constant rain. At least the weather's never an excuse to skip the gym!

Global warming has a lot to answer for over here - this week we're having freak floods in some parts of the UK, and soaring temps in the SE. Well, breaking 20 !

I'll swap ya anytime, mate

Tie

righton is offline Senior Member
    Hey Pete, you need to brush up on your coversions a bit 37c=98.6f lol.The worst thing about TO summers is the humidity and seeing the pics of that snow brings back memories( long ago) of good ole WINTERpeg.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I love the heat..bring it on...Hey pete aren't those pics against AR rules??lol. I just think of all the shoveling that is envolved with that.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Pete! I HATE those pics! I just called Mr.L over to see them, and I think he will be sending you a nasty email soon!

Right now I have on a long sleeve shirt under a sweatshirt. Of course we do have serious air conditioning in here. C'mon over for a visit and a coffee bro.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    SC sucks as well. Not only is it hot as hell but it rains in the middle of the day when it's 95 F. Vegas was bad but at least I could be indoors with AC, in this shit hole I'm sweating like Paula Poundstone at a daycare.

Can't wait to leave SC.

Originally posted by tigress
    Pete! I HATE those pics! I just called Mr.L over to see them, and I think he will be sending you a nasty email soon!
    It must bring back memories of the time he was "accidently" locked out after cleaning the snow off of your car

I wouldn't mind stopping by but I have the rugrat with me (outside playing) and Bert is coming home early today after her x-ray (foot). Rain check?

Hey now! No telling private stories in public!

I know about Bert, she just sent me a mail. The rugrat is outside? Is the truckasaurus still there or did he take it for a joyride? A raincheck it is then.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

I haven't yet taught him the fine art of hot wiring vehicles, so Truckasaurus is still in the driveway

Truckasaurus? Is that like a Power Wheel? You know the 4wd trucks we used to pimp around in as a kid.

Cali is offline Female Member
    Pete!!! What are you doing??!! I am loving the weather here right now and you haunt me with winter pics??? Not even nice....winter is too close for comfort.

Man that had to suck to dig out of all of that snow.

Vegas Kid-- I chase a Power Wheels truck around almost every night. He loves it when it rains cuz there's an unpaved lot close to our house that fills with water so he can go mud boggin' in it.
    Last edited by Cali; 08-14-2002 at 11:45 AM.

Originally posted by Vegas Kid
    Truckasaurus?
    VK....just my name for my Jeep. It needs some work and is kind of beastly, so I lifted the name from "The Simpsons".

Cali, it did suck...BIG TIME!! I think I was talking to you that day I wish it was fall all year round.

OMG! We were talking that day! I remember now.

yea its too damn hot and it effects my performance in the gym dematically

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    problem being it's 100+ w/ 100% humitity, i am meltttttttting

bigtraps is offline Member
    RRRRRRR.. Or should i say BURRRRRR...
    You had to go and remind me of Winter didn't Ya. I am not a winter fan Pete. Try wireing a house when it is Zero or below. Let me tell it sucks. I love the Heat, and it has been a Hot summer.

Big Show 23 Guest

Talking Pete you'll hate me for this *lol*

Ahhh! Over here it's a beatiful 23 degrees celcius but yeah I understand how you feel,I don't mind heat.I hate the humidity

Just take this as an excuse to show some skin and flaunt your muscles

chinups Guest
    I think I am going home to pet my snowboard. Thanks PETE

Ok Pete. I am home now, and I admit it. It's too hot. I have actually have sweat running down my torso as I type. Now I know how you feel

But I have my bedroom door closed and the air conditioner is going in there, so as soon as I drag my ass away from the puter I am going in there to relax.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't mind the heat, but the humidity can get disgusting. Sometimes there's no point even towelling off after I get out of the shower.

shorty2big is offline Member
    always freakin' hot in AZ. It's hard to sleep when it's hot.

Adonis is offline Associate Member
    Think of it as a free week of clen , I sweat all day and night, I think I lost about 2 pounds from all the heat.
    I'm taking a break from heavy lifting and I'm doing lite, 12 rep workouts, I end up drenched in sweat so bad that it looks like someone dropped a galon of water on me!

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK and DOUBLE FUCK!!! I'm sitting here typing at 11:45pm because it's too fucking hot to sleep!!! I can't stand this I am so frustrated!! I swear I would rather have a freak snow storm tonight and have to shovel my big ass driveway tomorrow than put up with this muggy slop!! FUCK!!!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    OMG Petey quit being a wuss. Its been from 110 to 120 degrees fahrenheit here in Sunny So Cal. On top of that my Ac has been out for a few weeks. How I would love to have the temp in the 90's. I would like the snow too. Come to think about it lets switch places. I wanna be a canuck.... My fav sport is Hockey and I like beer.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Hot weather pro: Women wear less clothes.
    Hot weather con: Ugly women wear less clothes too.

freakout is offline Associate Member
    Pete brother

The weather here in Singapore is about 34 to 35 deg cel. Maybe you would like it here but I cannot stand the humidity!!!!!

I am alright with winter and summer and spring.....blah blah...but I cannot stand HUMIDITY!!!

*sweating while typing these words*.

Pete if it's too hot have you though about buying a floor fan. They're pretty cheap ($20) and do a great job keeping you cool.

Throw a window air conditioner in your bedroom at least. That always helps. Or even just take a cold shower. Might get the icky sticky air off of your skin for a little bit at least.

Last week it was around 90 degrees here with about 85-95% humidity. My son and I went swimming and washed the car so we could have a water fight.

Originally posted by Cali

Last week it was around 90 degrees here with about 85-95% humidity. My son and I went swimming and washed the car so we could have a water fight.
    It sounds like you guys are always having fun, I'm sick of working and going to school, I wish I was young again.

Dies...I hear ya bro. I was in Vegas on a business trip 2 years ago and was wearing full suit (jacket, tie, the works) and it was 110 degrees!! It was crazy hot! I almost passed out.

VK...BRO...I have a big ass floor fan that has a 3 foot propeller!! That bad boy couldn't even cool me off!! And it was 4 feet away and I had a cold wet towel on my chest to try and draw away some of the heat! It just blew hot air around. BTW...we have cathedral cielings in the house and our bedroom is upstairs, so every bit of heat that made it in our house migrated skywards to our bedroom....or hell as I like to call it!

Cali, can't get a window A/C as we have crank windows that open perpendicularly. As far as a cold shower, tried that. Was great while I was under the cool stream of refreshing aqua, but as soon as I toweled off and stepped back onto the red planet (we have Jatoba Cherry hardwood floors) I started sweating again. I guess I'll have to suck it up and hope it passes soon!

Originally posted by Vegas Kid

It sounds like you guys are always having fun, I'm sick of working and going to school, I wish I was young again.
    I just make sure I make the best of the time I have with him cuz pretty soon I'm gonna be a geeky mom who will have to walk 10 feet behind and not say one word to him for fear he's gonna look bad.

How old are you??

Pete--Why don't you, Bert and your son just come to Iowa for a visit. It's pretty comfortable this week and I have two window air conditioners in a super tiny house. We can run them on high the whole time you guys are here.

skid is offline Banned
    pete: Have you considered dragging your matress downstairs?

Originally posted by skid
    pete: Have you considered dragging your matress downstairs?
    Yes, but Bert wouldn't be too happy about being dragged down two flights of stairs to the basement (since the main floor is as hot as hell as well) while sleeping. I'm pretty sure she would wake up Then I would be in shit!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information