Thread: Arrested :(

mxdrsuzirider199 is offline New Member

Arrested :(

i was recently arrested. i had a warrant out in my town for some stupid small shit. i was on my way to work and was pulled over. since i had a warrant out for me (and did not know it) in my trunk i had an empty bottle of laundry detergent filled with dirty syringes. generally being a dumbass, i admitted what they were used for (i know im an idiot, please spare me the criticism, i have beat myself up over it enough). i was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 7th degree. its a misdeamenor. i have no idea what im looking at for punishment. if anyone has any idea, of what my max fines/jail time are that would be great, as well as what everyone beleives will be my punishment.... thank guys (concerned idiot, who is ashamed to give all of you out there a bad name).

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    they can arrest you for dirty syringes? are you serious?

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I think you would just be paying a fine although it will go on your permanent record

Don't think they can arrest you for dirty syringes BUT with your admission, they have all they need to make the possession charges.

The main question is, what was that warrant for?

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    the main thing is that it was just misdemeanor. but it is a drug charge and may affect your ability to get jobs in the future. I would get a lawyer, he can probably get it expunged (off your record).

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Get a good lawyer and a patriotic judge for your case and tell them you were juicing so u can protect american lives when the terrorists come here!!

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by goalseeker
    they werent dirty, they were sitting in a bottle of detergent.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    we have a needle exchange in our town. But needles are illeagal in our state. That's really fudged up.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goalseeker
    Some states can charge you for trace amounts. If you have a syringe that you injected gear with, they can use the trace amount left in the syringe to charge you.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I was told to pull um apart and through um in bleach

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    A fine and probation..

TAPPER is offline Junior Member
    What state you live in?
    What was the warrant for?
    Do you have a previous record?
    Why did the officer pull you over?

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Only your wallet will feel the long term effects.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont know how old you are.. but if that goes on your record. I believe it stays on for like 7 years..

maybe time to go for that doctorate degree or something that will keep you in school for a long time.. cause jobs you qualify for now might suck.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    what was the warrant for? if you have no priors i dont think you would be looking at jail time but it really ***ends on the state and their esoteric laws in the US doesnt it? but if you already had a warrant, with pending charges..it might be a different story. we would have to know what you were already in trouble for to give ya a realistic guess at what you might be lookin at.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    what was the warrant for? if you have no priors i dont think you would be looking at jail time but it really ***ends on the state and their esoteric laws in the US doesnt it? but if you already had a warrant, with pending charges..it might be a different story. we would have to know what you were already in trouble for to give ya a realistic guess at what you might be lookin at.
    im sure his warrant was for "Being A R-Tard"

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by king6
    Some states can charge you for trace amounts. If you have a syringe that you injected gear with, they can use the trace amount left in the syringe to charge you.
    You are absolutely right! You can get a felony here for having trace amounts of Read the board rules. No rec drug references on money.... I think every 20 I have is gonna have trace amounts of Read the board rules. No rec drug references but not from me lol. It's retarded

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    The fact you admitted what you use them for is what got you busted. Its obvious you shouldn't have said anything. As far as punishment, ***ends on the severity of the misdemeanor, 1st degree, 2nd degree etc.... then hope you have a forgiving judge. In my state all controlled substances are felonys. Get a lawyer!

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    they werent dirty, they were sitting in a bottle of detergent.
    Doesnt everyone just throw them down the storm drain when there done?

you should live in england,juicing is legal here.lol.well as long as you dont have excessive amounts.
    arnt we lucky over here

Getinbgr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY
    the main thing is that it was just misdemeanor. but it is a drug charge and may affect your ability to get jobs in the future. I would get a lawyer, he can probably get it expunged (off your record).
    Only a previous conviction can be expunged. What you're looking for is to avoid the conviction altogether. If this is your first or second offense, ADAs in most states will offer what is called an ACD (Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal). For example, in New York, if you receive and ACD, the charge gets adjourned and eventually disappears if you stay clean for 6 months.

That having been said, yes, you need an attorney. You will not receive the same deal representing yourself pro se.

PM me with specfic questions. With some further information, including the place of arrest, I can offer more pointed advice.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    When a cop has a warrant....the best advise is to SHUT-UP.

definately get good lawyer, dont rely on the public defender. any 7th degree misdemeanor is a class A and can include imprisonment up to 1 year. that probably wont happen. if your lawyer is good you will probably just have to pay a small fine and be on probation for 1-3 years. after the year you can have it expunged. (which u usually have to pay a lot extra for)

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    THis is the *ONE* thing I've never understood before in my life.

HOW THE FVCK DO YOU "JUST NOT KNOW" YOU HAVE A WARRANT OUT FOR YOU?
    I'm dead serious. Anytime you come in contact with a cop (***ending on the situation) Your either thrown in jail, bail out, and have to appear for court or get a ticket or some shit and have to appear for court or pay a fine threw mail.

You get a PIECE OF PAPER that tells you this shit. Something I've never understood before. I'd really like to know how you werent aware. Maybe I'm overlooking something.

As far as 7th degree MISDEMEANOR. If a 14 yr old teenager was driving a boat he would be charged with a *2nd degree misdemeanor* assuming your from the states. A 7th degree is a JOKE.
    And your lucky as all hell thats all they charged you with considering you had a warrant out for you, I'm serious. They could have jacked you up with some more serious charges if the wanted to be assholes.

Most of all DO NOT feel like an idiot because you were straight with them. I'm assuming thats the reason you got off with such a minor charge. So thank yourself you spilling the beans. Trust me when I say I've had my share of runins with the law. The first time I told them everything they wanted to know. I wound up getting community service. The second time I told them fvck off and talk to my lawyer (I knew I was fvcked anyway) 7yrs for that BS. Well it more matters under minor offenses, with severe offenses they will get fired if they don't charge you with certain crimes. But your situation was minor.

Now a 1st FELONY. Thats something to be worried about. I know from personal experience. But thank your lucky stars thats all you got. If you didnt have a warrant chances are there'd be no probation but because there was they probably will give you a short term or even maybe continuance if your lucky.
    All and all I wouldnt worry about it. Just more reason to be extra careful in the future.
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 06-02-2007 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    THis is the *ONE* thing I've never understood before in my life.

HOW THE FVCK DO YOU "JUST NOT KNOW" YOU HAVE A WARRANT OUT FOR YOU?
    I'm dead serious. Anytime you come in contact with a cop (***ending on the situation) Your either thrown in jail, bail out, and have to appear for court or get a ticket or some shit and have to appear for court or pay a fine threw mail.

You get a PIECE OF PAPER that tells you this shit. Something I've never understood before. I'd really like to know how you werent aware. Maybe I'm overlooking something.

As far as 7th degree MISDEMEANOR. If a 14 yr old teenager was driving a boat he would be charged with a *2nd degree misdemeanor* assuming your from the states. A 7th degree is a JOKE.
    And your lucky as all hell thats all they charged you with considering you had a warrant out for you, I'm serious. They could have jacked you up with some more serious charges if the wanted to be assholes.

Most of all DO NOT feel like an idiot because you were straight with them. I'm assuming thats the reason you got off with such a minor charge. So thank yourself you spilling the beans. Trust me when I say I've had my share of runins with the law. The first time I told them everything they wanted to know. I wound up getting community service. The second time I told them fvck off and talk to my lawyer (I knew I was fvcked anyway) 7yrs for that BS. Well it more matters under minor offenses, with severe offenses they will get fired if they don't charge you with certain crimes. But your situation was minor.

Now a 1st FELONY. Thats something to be worried about. I know from personal experience. But thank your lucky stars thats all you got. If you didnt have a warrant chances are there'd be no probation but because there was they probably will give you a short term or even maybe continuance if your lucky.
    All and all I wouldnt worry about it. Just more reason to be extra careful in the future.
    ex. - u could be detained or questioned for something but not arrested or charged and the district attorney could read the report several months later and decide he/she wants to press.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pgilligan10
    ex. - u could be detained or questioned for something but not arrested or charged and the district attorney could read the report several months later and decide he/she wants to press.
    Ok good point. But I'm just imagining here, once they decided to press charges I'm sure they wouldnt expect you to use ESP to figure it out but would mail a summons to your house?

Just trying to be logical, I dont know, I guess some people are just reaaallly forgetful out there.

i agree with u. most people just dont give a shit and try to get away with it... sometimes mail doesnt make it to its destination tho and u are still expected to know anyways...thats what happened to "my friend" anyways.

ecs44 is offline Junior Member
    Never Admit Anything(from A Former Cop)

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

7th degreee?

Quote Originally Posted by mxdrsuzirider199
    i was recently arrested. i had a warrant out in my town for some stupid small shit. i was on my way to work and was pulled over. since i had a warrant out for me (and did not know it) in my trunk i had an empty bottle of laundry detergent filled with dirty syringes. generally being a dumbass, i admitted what they were used for (i know im an idiot, please spare me the criticism, i have beat myself up over it enough). i was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 7th degree. its a misdeamenor. i have no idea what im looking at for punishment. if anyone has any idea, of what my max fines/jail time are that would be great, as well as what everyone beleives will be my punishment.... thank guys (concerned idiot, who is ashamed to give all of you out there a bad name).
    Misdemeanor as a strict American rule carries a maximum of up to one year of incarceration although a first time offender is not looking at any jail time normally. PM me if you'd like and I will give you some hints. Hurry, you need to do some things very quickly in some jurisdictions post arrest!

PeteyK is offline Associate Member
    cops woke me up the other day at my friends house after a week of partying while his parents were gone...and that was the second time that week it happend

bogus311 is offline Junior Member
    I've been there too. im just an honest person like you I guess.
    i need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

Thread Information