Jiesel is offline Associate Member

Vacation = Weakness

I got back a few days ago from a trip to Florida. I couldnt find a Ymca the 7 days I was down there. Plus when I got home, the gym was closed for Memorial Day. I realistically took a week and a half off, went to the gym today for chest and felt weak as hell, felt like I was struggling to bench what I was benching 2 weeks ago. I thought taking a week off would possible be a good thing, anyone else get weaker after taking a week or so off? Maybe It was a shytty day, I am fighting a Sinus Infection...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Usually a week off helps. It could be a the cold. If i go on vacation a stay far away from a gym. That's the last thing i want to do.

yea prolly, might be laziness, I had no motivation to go so once I get back on schedule I'm sure I'll be fine.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    The week off usually helps my strength so it's probably the sinus infection. Vacations are good, usually I don't touch a weight but I still go on morning jogs.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Usually a week off helps. It could be a the cold. If i go on vacation a stay far away from a gym. That's the last thing i want to do.
    I wont go on vacation unless the resort has a gym or unless theres one close by.I feel horible if I dont train for a week,I can deal with a couple days but a week I would go crazy.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    nothing wrong with having a week off from training,it will give your body a well earned rest.......................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I am with Booz on this one, a week off and i feel way better more focused and ready to kill it again....

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    The only workout I do on vacation is the one the old lady gets

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    The only workout I do on vacation is the one the old lady gets
    haha yea that happened every night of vacation, It was heaven....

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian meat
    I wont go on vacation unless the resort has a gym or unless theres one close by.I feel horible if I dont train for a week,I can deal with a couple days but a week I would go crazy.
    Thats kind of sad unless you are getting paid 80-100K as a professional bodybuilder.

We are all human. Take the week off and just relax. The break will help you but most of the time coming back from vacation the motivation is not there which might make it seen like you are weak. Give it another week and you will be back to normal.

Foskamink is offline Banned
    yeh ima have to say somtimes a week off helps alot.. ur usually stronger on all your exercises.. and when ive had a week or two off.. when i come back over the next few weeks ive went up in all my weights the next step or two

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Thats kind of sad unless you are getting paid 80-100K as a professional bodybuilder.

We are all human. Take the week off and just relax. The break will help you but most of the time coming back from vacation the motivation is not there which might make it seen like you are weak. Give it another week and you will be back to normal.
    How is that sad?I never said I dont take days off.I said if I dont train for a week I feel shity that makes me a sad WOW!

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    a good vacation is necessary every once inawhile, even if you do lose strength it will return very quickly

sometimes you have to relax and enjoy the body you have spent to hard working on

i love to take a week off and eat what i want, drink what i want, and not think about training...

i usually feel anxious to get back at it, and although im a little weaker the first day back, by the next week i am right back on track and have the motivation to work past any plateau i was at when i took the break

again to me lifting adds pleasure to my life and gives it substance but it is far from being my life

skank is offline Member
    A week off is good for the mind and body. Prevents overtraining and allows minor aches and pains to heal. Problem is I don't want to ****in rest a week. I also make sure I know where all the gyms are when I travel somewhere on vacation.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian meat
    How is that sad?I never said I dont take days off.I said if I dont train for a week I feel shity that makes me a sad WOW!
    Did you even see what i highlighted in bold ?

Getinbgr is offline Associate Member
    Week off makes me stronger.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    if im not workin out..i like to just do light sets..pushups, sit ups, curl whatever i can get my hands on...a week off makes me look flat..as long as i do a little somehting inbetween, i maintain fullness.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    strength loss in this case is not muscle loss period

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I never work out on vacation!

Thread Information