Jiesel is offline Associate Member

anyone get sick at the gym?

Usually today I do back and biceps, but had to leave the gym today after my back workout. For some reason I got light headed and nauseas as hell. Tried to rest for a few, stood in front of the fan, splashed cold water on my face but I couldnt kick the feeling, I could barley stand. I made my way home and got sick when I got home. Im thinking It was the NO Shotgun mixed with a heavy back workout. Back days/Deadlifting usually kills me, they fatigue me the most, Im thinking since Its such a large body part. So anyone else every get sick after some heavy ass sets?

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i got that on leg day a while back after heavy squats i went to do heavy leg press and after the first set i felt like i was going hypo, all cold sweats and naseua...had to go home and lay down and rest...went away...first time ever kinda scary but hasnt happened since...

TonyM is offline Junior Member
    I get this when I have a heavy leg session too... puked at the gym a few times but usually make it home before i need to hurl...

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    I've gotten dizzy as hell after leg presses..almost passed out. was able to shake it off and continue with my workout.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    i got that on leg day a while back after heavy squats i went to do heavy leg press and after the first set i felt like i was going hypo, all cold sweats and naseua...had to go home and lay down and rest...went away...first time ever kinda scary but hasnt happened since...
    That happens to me probably 1 out of every 5 leg workouts. I usually run up to the front and buy a drink with sugar in it and it goes away. FREAKED me out the first couple of times it happened, now I just chug something down before I hit the squat rack and usually puke it up.

MrTAME is offline Associate Member
    yeah happened to me too... I couldnt get rid of the feeling. I can sorta feel it creeping up on me. I try squeezing out a few more sets thinking it will go away but it doesnt. I just work through it, and take longer rest times between sets when it happens.
    the first time it ever happened I actually walked outside I got to my car but I didnt have the strength to open the car door. I passed out beside my car on the concrete ground in the sun for an hour. I actually laid there and fell right to sleep, my whole body shut down. I woke up and got in my car and drove home, felt great after the sleep, lol.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I got this nasty rash on my back from going on the cardio bike and sweating my ass off and some scummy person before me didn't wipe apparently after they were done. It was burning and now its been about a week or so and pains gone but skin is all dried and flaky, nasty stuff.
    Last edited by dece870717; 06-01-2007 at 12:04 AM.

MrTAME is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717
    I got this nasty rash on my back from going on the cardio bike and sweating my ass off and some scummy person before me didn't wipe apparently after they were done. It was burning and now its been about a week or so and pains gone but skin is all dried and flaky, nasty stuff.
    Yeah its gross shit when people don wipe...I had a viral skin infection for 6 weeks on my back because someone didnt wipe their machine right. That was the most painful infection I have ever had in my life...

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    i used to squat with the garbage can beside the rack...i had many problems holding food down..especially on max sets..when i got into squatting 5-6 plates i started puking alot..not just from exhaustion...but from stress and nerves as well...ide almost puke on the way to the gym on a big max day...these days im not really lifting heavy enough to get sick, but if i was, it would probably still be happening.

gym_again_okay is offline New Member
    sick? haha yes! few times a year! and i love it! nothing too big but a little bit comes up!

yeah.lol.been dry throwin a few times after a serious workout.its not right,but i know iv pushed myself as far as poss.only my opinion.

dont get these guys who leave the gym as fresh as they walked in....whats that about?

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    after squats

Thread Information