MrTAME is offline Associate Member

BOUNCERS: what do you work for???

I work for one club making 12 bux an hour plus tipout. One of my other buds is bouncing at a bar relatively close to mine and making only ten bux an hour with no tipout, thats nuts!
    I was offered to work for another bar in the city. The owner came to me and said name a price and he would pay me that every night. I kindly refused his offer as I am loyal to my current bar, I like it, its fun. The ladies are a bonus too, the afer hours parties are the best.....whhhhheeeewie, we all know about those.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to work because it was alot of cash paid money great during school as well because of hours. Another major factor was the girls I would get.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    £16 an hourr cash + whatever I take off the cutomers as i throw them out.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    to average it out, being a bouncer, ive usually made 10 an hour plus tips..but ive only worked at bars that fill..so it works out to around 15-17 an hour. (which i still dont think is enough)

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    *edit*....i made a double post.
    and so on.
    Last edited by thetank; 06-01-2007 at 01:48 AM.

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    I have found it all ***ends on what type of establishment you work at. I used to work at a really ruff place that still turned a good profit and I got paid $100 a night plus tip outs. I have also worked at really high end places that paid more than that. The worst places I have found are the ones that are always quite with little to no problems...because any idiot can work there. Also I have always worked on a set nightly rate and not by the hour.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    At the night club i worked at was from 11-4am and i got $100 plus what i made at the door.

At the strip bar $10 an hour but it had great benefits

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I work for fun!

The club I'm at now pays $60 a night for about 5 hours of work, and on Saturday we close earlier so it's only 4 hours.

I worked at 2 clubs in Atlanta, one payed $10/hour and the other one $15/hr

I worked at a club in Statesboro that paid a shitty $40/night, but if you got to work the side door and let people beat the 2-hour line to get in you could go home with $300+ in tips

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    15/hr

how much would somebody at 6' have to weigh to be a bouncer. i think i need to wait til i get bigger. im 190 right now at 10%

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pgilligan10
    how much would somebody at 6' have to weigh to be a bouncer. i think i need to wait til i get bigger. im 190 right now at 10%
    I'd say maybe 220?

gym_again_okay is offline New Member
    11 pound an hour in bournemouth for standard bar/club work.

im 5'8 at 200 right now

my height is a big disadvantage but your very rarely going 1 v 1 with anyone when your a bouncer to begin with ...the longest ive gone without one of my guys jumping in has been maybe 30 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    I'd say maybe 220?
    yea i figured, looks like i got a year or two...

Quote Originally Posted by -DedicateD-
    im 5'8 at 200 right now
    damn dude u look pretty fvckin huge in ur avatar, guys actually give you shit?

yea i figured, looks like i got a year or two...

damn dude u look pretty fvckin huge in ur avatar, guys actually give you shit?

thanks...not saying that guys give me shit but being 5'8 doesnt really help when ur trying to break up a fight or throw a guy out thats 6'3-6'4 and 230-250

and theres always the drunks who dont care what you look like and will take a swing, the people who you need to throw out arnt exactly thinking logically in the first place

one of the guys who works the door at my local is much shorter than me (prob about 5'6/7") but he is the first to get stuck in and hand people their arses,and the one most think twice about.
    perhaps not ideal on front of house (not that imtimidating looking) but i think great on the floor cus he really moves the crowd when needed.

iv also seen monsters take a hidin of guys half their size,its about confidence and awe(sp) imho.

Quote Originally Posted by ronan the barbarian
    one of the guys who works the door at my local is much shorter than me (prob about 5'6/7") but he is the first to get stuck in and hand people their arses,and the one most think twice about.
    perhaps not ideal on front of house (not that imtimidating looking) but i think great on the floor cus he really moves the crowd when needed.

iv also seen monsters take a hidin of guys half their size,its about confidence and awe(sp) imho.
    i agree im not claiming to be the toughest guy, but confidence and being aggressive goes a long way, and being shorter does help you snake through the crowd to a fight without knocking over THAT many ppl's drinks

i agree im not claiming to be the toughest guy, but confidence and being aggressive goes a long way, and being shorter does help you snake through the crowd to a fight without knocking over THAT many ppl's drinks
    thats funny.i dont wanna sound like a prick cus im not tall myself,
    but do you,or anyone you know suffer from short man syndrome?

cus my mate stumpy def does

thats funny.i dont wanna sound like a prick cus im not tall myself,
    but do you,or anyone you know suffer from short man syndrome?

cus my mate stumpy def does

you mean like a napoleon complex where even tho ur small you take on giants?

you mean like a napoleon complex where even tho ur small you take on giants?
    yeah thats it,my very close friend 'stumpy' is 5'2" if that and iv seen with my own eyes doormen ask him if he wants a job cus how he will take anyone on,5 foot or 10 foot.
    that is the reason i dont knock about with him anymore.the guy always had something to prove.could get quite scary

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i did it cause its fun, you meet girls, and its like your gettin paid to hang out and throw a few ppl around. the money for me was just food money during the week

MrTAME is offline Associate Member
    yeah thats it,my very close friend 'stumpy' is 5'2" if that and iv seen with my own eyes doormen ask him if he wants a job cus how he will take anyone on,5 foot or 10 foot.
    that is the reason i dont knock about with him anymore.the guy always had something to prove.could get quite scary

back in my younger days when I just first started going to clubs I had a bone to pick with bouncers. I just wanted to fight with all of them to prove that I could kick their ass's ( I was young and stupid). I stopped fighting bouncers when I had my ass handed to me by a 5'6 guy with the longest goatee I have ever seen. He was built like a freakin pitbull on the sauce. He literally picked me up and threw me down two flights of stairs at once. I was no small boy my self...at that time I was 5'9, 215 lbs. at 7 % body fat. He ragdolled me for a while...lesson learned.

Thread Information