PeteyK is offline Associate Member

Most Insane Thing Ever!!

This is the story of a kid with myostatin deficiency, which for all you who don't know, myostatin regulates the amount of muscle your body creates therefore, this kid is gonna be HUGE!!!! This kid who isnt even 2 already has a six pack, can do an iron cross and only 2 days after being born he could stand...

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...?hub=Health%22
    Last edited by PeteyK; 06-03-2007 at 09:41 PM.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    seen it before

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    actually this is a different case, i read the study on the german kid, not this kid

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    thats insane, wow

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    This is gonna' sound stupid but I think my sons might have some kind of myostatin deficiency. They both have visible a**ominal muscles (i.e. low bodyfat) at the ages of 3 years and 10 months old. They can both do inverted situps. They both can do pullups and all that crap... In fact, a few doctors have inspected my older son and they are in awe of his physique. That's kinda' crazy to think that way, though... I hope that shit isn't dangerous.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Omg I want that, could you imagine?? You don't have to work out and you will still be ripped -.- ahaha. Talk about increasing your lifts!

bogus311 is offline Junior Member
    wow good stuff..

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    as creepy as it sounds i want to see this kid with his shirt off..if hes got jacked arms and an 8 pack or something i would lose it.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    its gonna be insane when someone figures out how to block myostatin. people are gonna get out of control huge. ronnie will be nothing in 15 years haha.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    its gonna be insane when someone figures out how to block myostatin. people are gonna get out of control huge. ronnie will be nothing in 15 years haha.
    i will be the first person in line to get my hands it

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    no known negative sides!!! Hook me up!

are there any adults with this disorder(though I have a hard time calling it a disorder)?

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by number twelve
    i will be the first person in line to get my hands it
    ill be #2

PeteyK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    they actually have already tested out a form of myostatin blocker on mice. i actually think there might have been a thread in this forum about the mice with pics. it showed the mice after like 1 week and 2 weeks cuz i remember 3 pics the first normal and the rest brought me to tears thinking about how big some1 could get using those

part time i look after young men with special needs (freetime,with autism + downs)
    downsyndrome have a very strong muscular natural build,but they are also obsessive about food and tend to be heavy set,even fat.
    iv seen some downs young men though (17/20 yrs) with a better body than 75% of men in any gym without ever workin out.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Once the FDA approves a myostatin blocker everyone and their grandmother is going to look like a professional bodybuilder.....

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Wish I had that disorder.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    After a bunch of looking around it seems there are two viable myostatin blockers currently available. One human recombinant propeptide, and one replicant of Piedmontese myostatin.

I question the article and here's why, first it claims, " it doesn't affect the heart and has no known negative side effects, according to experts."

Later in the article it says, "the condition has one potential drawback: Infants and toddlers need some body fat to feed brain growth and the development of the central nervous system. Without adequate body fat, a child's growth can be stunted and the central nervous system can be impaired, said Dr. Erlund Larson, an internist at Hackley Hospital who is familiar with Liam's condition.

Second, the condition is suppose to prevent the build up of body fat and the mother says, ""Liam's never had any body fat," his mother said. "The only fat he has is in his cheeks."" Oddly enough, the only picture they show is of his fat face.

Thirdly, where are the pictures! Of anyone with this disorder in history. Surely, they would have capitalized on it somewhere. I am sure there are some people that produce less myostatin but I doubt the claims in the article, call me a skeptic if you will but I want to see the proof.

YOKED is offline New Member
    Crazy...I cant find any pics of him...

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    if my kid was like that id bring him to the gym to spot me lol

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    fountain of youth...

and just in time for me to use before this body goes to hell...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Even if a myostatin blocker is created its not going to be some miracle like all you guys are making it seem. Its just like newbs on this site who think if they take AAS they will look like a pro. Even if this kid lives a full life I imagine unless he is into bodybuilding he will not be anything crazy. Certainly, yes, he will be bigger than the average person who lives the same life as him but nothing crazy.

We are not like bulls and other animals who gain muscle extremely easily through anabolics or lack of myostatin protein. Humans are weak as shit when compared to animals, we dont have the same ability to gain muscle.

And believe me if this myostatin crap was SO crazy and would get everyone jacked than why isnt everyone who uses GH (as an anti-aging drug) really jacked. I hope you all realize the GH already inhibits myostatin. SO sorry to crush all your dreams but this is just another wish list item that will not be as great as you all think.

GH inhibits myostatin already by about 30-40%. Sorrys dudes.

jolly7187 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Even if a myostatin blocker is created its not going to be some miracle like all you guys are making it seem. Its just like newbs on this site who think if they take AAS they will look like a pro. Even if this kid lives a full life I imagine unless he is into bodybuilding he will not be anything crazy. Certainly, yes, he will be bigger than the average person who lives the same life as him but nothing crazy.

We are not like bulls and other animals who gain muscle extremely easily through anabolics or lack of myostatin protein. Humans are weak as shit when compared to animals, we dont have the same ability to gain muscle.

And believe me if this myostatin crap was SO crazy and would get everyone jacked than why isnt everyone who uses GH (as an anti-aging drug) really jacked. I hope you all realize the GH already inhibits myostatin. SO sorry to crush all your dreams but this is just another wish list item that will not be as great as you all think.

GH inhibits myostatin already by about 30-40%. Sorrys dudes.
    dose the dosage correlate to how much myostatin is inhibited by GH? like could you reduce your mysotatin by 30% off of 2ius a day?

Quote Originally Posted by jolly7187
    dose the dosage correlate to how much myostatin is inhibited by GH? like could you reduce your mysotatin by 30% off of 2ius a day?
    I dont think there is a big correlation, but surely any exogenous dose will block it to some degree, but will per se going from 2iu to 10iu per day block it an extra 20%. That I dont know, I haev read no studies that suggest it. There will never be studies where they give people that much GH anyways.

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    I dont think there is a big correlation, but surely any exogenous dose will block it to some degree, but will per se going from 2iu to 10iu per day block it an extra 20%. That I dont know, I haev read no studies that suggest it. There will never be studies where they give people that much GH anyways.
    whats the average dose of hgh that doctors give patients that need it ?

bigswole32 is offline Junior Member
    I've read about that yesterday on a different forum.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Another thread on here about Flex wheeler, someone posted a letter from like 1996 that was from Victore Conte, which stated that Flex Wheeler had a similar condition,

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    that is insane. it will be interesting throughout the years. Are there any known adults with this condition?

Quote Originally Posted by x_moe
    whats the average dose of hgh that doctors give patients that need it ?
    Believe its based on weight. They wouldnt give much more than 2-3iu though most likely. In articles that I ever read they measure it in mcg and give a percentage of a mcg based on how much the patient weighs.

Thread Information