C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer

:) Help a slob out :)

I need some more attention guys.

Well as mos tof you know I had shoulder surgery and was out of it for a while. I HATE not being able to train so I started physio 3 days after te surgery when I was still in a sling. Anyways, I got full mobility back but still a lot of pain. In fact the pain is worse now than before the surgery.

Everyone says to me oh dont worry give it time, it will be fine...but IM sure many of you guys know hearing that really doesnt help much does it.

So I tried training when I was on pain meds and tore some stiches so I left cuz I was bleeding. Yesterday was my first time back at the gym since and about 4 weeks since my surgery or so. Well I cant train anything, it was even painful curling 45's. I went down to 15lbs for curls and still hurt. I can do legs of course.

So what the hell do I do? I have been playing with my diet, carb cycling and incerasing/decreasing fat seeing what happens.
    The problem is I dont wanna get fat, and I dont wanna lose muscle. So Im kinda stuck as to where I should keep my cals.

Yes like I said I just want soem attention so someone come in and talk to me.

Thanks assholes!

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    it's hard to stay busy when you are hurt. After my hernia opperation, I found myself doing a lot of cardio, leg curls, calves and forearms. Those were the only muscle groups I could work without pain. Man, I was told to stay out of the gym for 8 weeks... I only lasted 4.

timtim is offline Member
    i would keep the calories at maintenance and alittle below while carb cycling. use your leg training day as the high carb day and use a medium day. the rest keep low. i would rather drop a few pounds than gain fat. muscle memory is a great thing.

Ya you are right guys. Like I said Im sure a lot is mental and I just feel a ton of disappointment.

When I DID get back to the gym yesterday people said I still have good shape and size. I just dont see it.

Where is WEBB or Tai...I need a hug.

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy
    it's hard to stay busy when you are hurt. After my hernia opperation, I found myself doing a lot of cardio, leg curls, calves and forearms. Those were the only muscle groups I could work without pain. Man, I was told to stay out of the gym for 8 weeks... I only lasted 4.
    Did you suffer any consequences by going back early?

none at all... I started squatting on week 5.

Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy
    none at all... I started squatting on week 5.
    Slut. We are no longer friends.

Maybe I should get some more pain meds and start working out high.

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    Now in the steroid forum u said u feel no pain??? lol jk man i broke my arm two years in a row and lost about 15 lbs of muscle it didnt take to long to get it all back just hang in the ull be fine man

hahahahaha... there is a stoner club at my gym you can join. The tall skinny kid with the rat tail is the one who has the goods in his locker, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordfan01
    Now in the steroid forum u said u feel no pain??? lol jk man i broke my arm two years in a row and lost about 15 lbs of muscle it didnt take to long to get it all back just hang in the ull be fine man
    LOL I dont feel pain man. But there is a point when I tell myself ok I think I am doing damage to my body LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    LOL I dont feel pain man. But there is a point when I tell myself ok I think I am doing damage to my body LOL.
    lol i hear ya man i was just giving u grief but yea dont want to risk hurting urself even worse

oh yea and wats ur secret to feeling no pain?? haha

oh yea and wats ur secret to feeling no pain?? haha
    Get tattoo's across your forearms that say no pain. That way any time you do most exercises you can see it in the mirror and you realize if you dont listen than you got somethin on your body for the rest of your life that you dont even believe in.

That and just be a mean SOB.

Get tattoo's across your forearms that say no pain. That way any time you do most exercises you can see it in the mirror and you realize if you dont listen than you got somethin on your body for the rest of your life that you dont even believe in.

That and just be a mean SOB.
    haha nice ill start taking candy from little helpless children that mean enough?

haha nice ill start taking candy from little helpless children that mean enough?
    Its not bad. Personally I just dont talk to anyone, if someone at the gym tries to talk to me I just stare for a sec than start my set.

You cant let people think they are your friends at the gym. Otherwise they will ask you stupid questions and waste your time.

man oh man, the gym people who talk. Gotta love social hour.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i didnt really read anything.. but...
    when ever im in a fragile state.. i.e. GOING through a break up or injury and have cortisol slamming sky high.. i immeditly go into a bulk type of diet.. as i would rather gain fat than lose LBM

Its not bad. Personally I just dont talk to anyone, if someone at the gym tries to talk to me I just stare for a sec than start my set.

You cant let people think they are your friends at the gym. Otherwise they will ask you stupid questions and waste your time.
    yea i hate talking to ppl at the gym the only time i ever speak to neone is if i need a spot its all business for me

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i didnt really read anything.. but...
    when ever im in a fragile state.. i.e. GOING through a break up or injury and have cortisol slamming sky high.. i immeditly go into a bulk type of diet.. as i would rather gain fat than lose LBM
    good way to look at thing tai losing fat is way easier than gaining muscle well for me it is

good way to look at thing tai losing fat is way easier than gaining muscle well for me it is
    i dont know how many lbs of fat u can drop in a year..
    but once u been lifting dieting and using aas for several years.. 8lbs of muscle is pretty good gain for a years worth of training.
    sure i can go from 280-335 in 6monts LOL but i gurantee u its almost 90% water/fat

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i dont know how many lbs of fat u can drop in a year..
    but once u been lifting dieting and using aas for several years.. 8lbs of muscle is pretty good gain for a years worth of training.
    sure i can go from 280-335 in 6monts LOL but i gurantee u its almost 90% water/fat
    yea i was agreeing with u i could put alot of fat and water on real quick but lose it just as fast

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    i would say losing weight is the best negative change in body composition when you arent training well..i dont care who you are..muscle memory works better and faster than any diet to lose the fat you put on in down time...
    if i were you, i would take more time off..surgery leaves the bodypart in healing pretty volnerable...i know how hard it is to stay out of the gym..i had to for almost 2 years..but its trying to work out when you are ****ed up isint productive, its just like giving into an addiction...training when you know its not helping, or at least really feel like its not....i would do whatever exercises you can without weight..pushups, swimming...whatever..even tho a pump feels ****in sweet, and bein out of the gym is hard as ****...some times being dedicated means taking the time off your body needs.

Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    i would say losing weight is the best negative change in body composition when you arent training well..i dont care who you are..muscle memory works better and faster than any diet to lose the fat you put on in down time...
    if i were you, i would take more time off..surgery leaves the bodypart in healing pretty volnerable...i know how hard it is to stay out of the gym..i had to for almost 2 years..but its trying to work out when you are ****ed up isint productive, its just like giving into an addiction...training when you know its not helping, or at least really feel like its not....i would do whatever exercises you can without weight..pushups, swimming...whatever..even tho a pump feels ****in sweet, and bein out of the gym is hard as ****...some times being dedicated means taking the time off your body needs.
    Good advice man, I am doing physio so that is something...blah

What put you out for 2 years?

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Dude I got into a head on collision just over six months ago when I was riding my cbr and broke my clavicle and scapula. I didn't know when I'd be back to my old self. A few weeks after surgery I could do some leg work and then someone at my gym gave me some training bands so I could get a pump with my upper body. I also got on 100mg of deca per week and an hrt dose of test and I really think that helped. If I had hgh I would've been on that too.

All in all I think I took about 6-8 weeks off from the gym and when I came back I started light and worked my way back. Now I look better than I did before the accident and actually taking that time off made me push myself even harder when I did come back and really my training has improved a lot if you compare it from before the accident. Good luck dude.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Good advice man, I am doing physio so that is something...blah

What put you out for 2 years?
    a bad viral infection...i went from benching 450 to not being able to do a single pushup over the course of a a couple months...it was scary as hell...but put things into perspective...cause i thought i was gonna die before i had a diagnosis...its actually 2 years this month since it first hit me, and its still working its way out of my system..****in sucks..i beat 2 canadian (tested) powerlifting records(bench and squat) just before it happened..but never got the chance to do it officially as a junior, and now im too old(just turned 24 last month..23 is the cut off for juniors)..but whatever, im alive, and back training...not 100% yet...but i dont care..just being in the gym, seeing myself get bigger again, puts me on cloud 9..i ****in love it. i feel for ya tho man...i know what its like to have that shit taken away..and how hard it is to be out of the gym when its all you think about...but muscles come back..fast..all you need is a little patience right now..and you can get bigger and better than youve ever been in a very short amount of time when ur body is healthy and fully capable again..and i know that you know that..im just reassuring what i know through my own personal experience.
    all the best with the continued recovery bro..im gettin in the hot tub..cause my elbow is ****in killin me lol
    peace
    tank

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Bino what about HGH to speed up the process??? and help keep as most muscle as possible?

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    first of all *hug*...

now stop being such an attention whore and *****...you know i went through it last year and it sucked but it is a blessing in disguise bro....waiting sucks but worth every day imo....you'll be fine, we'll just change your name to fat tits instead.....

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    we'll just change your name to fat tits instead.....
    Webb's an equal opportunity friend - he treats both Bino and Tai like shit.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR

LOL @ this thread

Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    Ha its.. funny kuz its true

Thread Information