sitnbakwrds is offline New Member

ipod's and cardio

I have a Ipod Nano that I use when I'm hitting the weights and doing my cardio. Even though I had new music all the time I get bored during my cardio sessions which are about 45 minutes. My gym has TV's to watch but they don't have sound. You have to tune into some FM station to hear them which I'm not capable of doing with my Ipod.

I was thinking of upgrading to a bigger Ipod with the larger screens so I could watch movies and other downloaded shows but I'm not sure if the screen would be big enough. Does anybody else do this? I'm wondering if the screen would be to small to see. Maybe I could just get a clothes hanger and fashion a device to hand the Ipod right in front of my face.

scottish is offline Associate Member
    a friend on mine has one for movies and crap. I dont think the screen is big enough.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't be capable of watching a movie during cardio, my mind is elsewere. But I havn't been doing as much cardio lately anyways... I do however have a video ipod, but no video's on it... I havn't been using my Ipod for the past few weeks cuz I've been going with my buddy were both sticking out the IM HIT routine and it sux I hate the gym music.

doing cardio in the gym is just boring no matter what. the only way i can do cardio is running or biking outside.

Deluge1 is offline Junior Member
    I think theres an add on to get FM radio on your ipod...

You could do that or just buy the microsoft zune since it comes with fm radio

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluge1
    I think theres an add on to get FM radio on your ipod...

You could do that or just buy the microsoft zune since it comes with fm radio
    There is: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...&nplm=MA070G/C

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I have a portable DVD player that I took to the gym and strapped it on the front of whatever cardio machine I was using but now my gym has flat screens with DVD players on every machine! Woot woot!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by sitnbakwrds
    I have a Ipod Nano that I use when I'm hitting the weights and doing my cardio. Even though I had new music all the time I get bored during my cardio sessions which are about 45 minutes. My gym has TV's to watch but they don't have sound. You have to tune into some FM station to hear them which I'm not capable of doing with my Ipod.

I was thinking of upgrading to a bigger Ipod with the larger screens so I could watch movies and other downloaded shows but I'm not sure if the screen would be big enough. Does anybody else do this? I'm wondering if the screen would be to small to see. Maybe I could just get a clothes hanger and fashion a device to hand the Ipod right in front of my face.
    I have an iPod video and I used it to watch movies when I did cardio during contest prep. The size is fine. I watched while walking on treadmill and riding the stationary bike. I wouldn't try it while running on the street.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

sitnbakwrds is offline New Member
    Thanks for the responses. I wouldn't use it for running, mainly because I don't run much anymore. I think I'm going to give it a try and see how it works out.

Thread Information