Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Sicko: Michael Moore's documentary movie

This is the documentary movie "SiCKO" by Michael Moore, talks about a broken US Health Care System, we are the richest country on earth, however, health care is place at 37th, French being at the top of the list...
    Release date June 29, 2007. It's a real eye opener...

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11

Part 12

Part 13

Part 14

If the links don't work you can view the movie at www.myspace.com/sickothemovies
    Last edited by Tony Bologna; 06-17-2007 at 09:46 PM.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Can't stand the guy

MuscleStang is offline Banned
    great he's at it again

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Haha, just watched the preview.. I'll check it out in theatres

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bologna
    A documentary about 45 million people with no health care in the richest country on earth. U.S. Release date June 29 2007. It's a real eye opener...

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11

Part 12

Part 13

Part 14

If the links don't work you can view the movie at www.myspace.com/sickothemovies
    ya its called get a fVckin job

Quote Originally Posted by pgilligan10
    ya its called get a fVckin job
    It's alot more than that the people have jobs, it's about the health care system in the U.S.. That description was off it's one I grabbed from the site I found the movie at.

PeteyK is offline Associate Member
    lol i just saw a preview yesterday when i went to see oceans 13

Having lived in both Canada and the United States, the healthcare in the States is an absolute joke. I work in a hospital so I see first hand how well it works for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    Having lived in both Canada and the United States, the healthcare in the States is an absolute joke. I work in a hospital so I see first hand how well it works for us.
    I'd rather pay for my own health care plan than pay a huge health care tax that gives anyone and everyone equal care whether you're a productive person in society or not.

Tesla is offline Member
    I caught a factual error in the first three minutes of the movie. The movie states that the tip of the finger from the guy who accidentally sawed it off ended up in a landfill.

Environmental regulations do not permit the dumping of medical waste in landfills. Each hospital has its own incinerator. Kind of like a small crematorium, if you will. That man's finger was incinerated at the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla
    I caught a factual error in the first three minutes of the movie. The movie states that the tip of the finger from the guy who accidentally sawed it off ended up in a landfill.

Environmental regulations do not permit the dumping of medical waste in landfills. Each hospital has its own incinerator. Kind of like a small crematorium, if you will. That man's finger was incinerated at the hospital.
    Environmental regulations say a lot of things

Tesla is offline Member
    Environmental regulations say a lot of things
    So does Michael Moore.

Why bash the guy? He's trying to show Americans how you are getting ripped off by the pharmaceutical industry and that you could be paying less for the same health care. No one can argue against that. Even Fox News gave positive reviews for this movie.

Tesla is offline Member
    Well, I do agree that we are all getting ripped off by the pharmaceutical industry and health insurance companies, and I do give Moore credit for making a documentary about it. However, Moore has a bit of a history of staging things and outright making some things up in his documentaries.

Tesla is offline Member
    For what it's worth, I'm actually watching it right now. I'm on part 5 and I have to say that it's the best thing that Michael Moore has put out. He stays political -neutral in this film.

True. You might not agree with his politics or his methods of delivering his documentaries, but he still gets the message across and I hope as many Americans as possible get the message and act on it.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    You may wanna remove that link Tony.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I'm not really a Michael Moore fan, but I'll give this a chance. Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    I'd rather pay for my own health care plan than pay a huge health care tax that gives anyone and everyone equal care whether you're a productive person in society or not.

exactly, thank you

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Ya I strongly agree, I think something along the lines of 70% and up of health care costs are from self inflicted problems. If someone wants to smoke,drink,do drugs, or just not plain take care of themselves thats their business, but when they get sick and they want me to pay for it thats my business.

Information is offline Information
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bologna
    It's alot more than that the people have jobs, it's about the health care system in the U.S.. That description was off it's one I grabbed from the site I found the movie at.
    Check your PMs.
    www.SteroidCleanse.com

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days!

brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    the main difference between French health care and the US is that we have almost as many lawyers as they have people. Lawyers add hundreds of millions of dollars to the cost of every aspect of health care...

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    BAM tony got owned... I saw this on Oprah his interview was pretty amazing he is a great director

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

whats that' tax rate again?? no thanks..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

one of his examples is france.. $15,000,000,000 in ***t due to health cost???

23% wage tax for health care??

again.. not thanks..

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

So I guess Paris Hilton is more deserving of healthcare than a 9/11 rescue worker, simply because she has the money to pay for it. We all know how productive she is. I suppose those 9/11 rescue workers should have called their insurance companies before they decided to run into the twin towers to save people lives to see if they were adequately covered. They probably should have asked the people they were rescuing if they had proper coverage before pulling them out and just saved the people who would be able to pay for their healthcare instead.

Remember, a healthy individual is more capable of being productive than someone who isn't healthy. Shit happens to everyone, whether it is self inflicted, intentional or accidental. We have all done stupid things in our life that could have seriously hurt us. Think about the message board you are posting on right now. Anabolic steroid use ! Are you going to tell your insurance company you take anabolic steroids for recreational use? Do you think they will still cover you? Your premiums will go through the roof, thats for sure.

Lets look at the benifits of universal healthcare. Less diseases being spread, stronger economy because of a healthier workforce, higher life expectancy... I could go on.

This is about basic human needs, looking out for your fellow human being. If you can put a price on someone's health, then you pretty much have lost touch with humanity.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    micheal moore is fat. I say he is like 65% bf. He is not ready for a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexed
    micheal moore is fat. I say he is like 65% bf. He is not ready for a cycle.
    oh come on.. a winny only 50mg day oral for 4 weeks should get him to 6% bf don't you think>>>>

jk...

Rules

If you look at Canada as a whole, we are more right leaning than left leaning, even with our healthcare and other services. And I never said a CEO should live in a shack. They earned the money, they have the right to spend it. The point I am trying to get across is basic human needs. I don't think people should be outright given a house, but there should be affordable housing (in other words, crappy apartment buildings) avaliable to those in dire need, something that provides basic shelter. I'm not talking a nice house for some bum, we both know that isn't right, and that is not the case. If it ever becomes the case, I'll be the first to speak out against it. Getting people off the streets helps reduce crime, and that effects you and I directly. I believe in providing the basics, but after that, it's all up to them if they want to live a normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    oh come on.. a winny only 50mg day oral for 4 weeks should get him to 6% bf don't you think>>>>

jk...

I think he needs more than winny

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    So I guess Paris Hilton is more deserving of healthcare than a 9/11 rescue worker, simply because she has the money to pay for it. We all know how productive she is. I suppose those 9/11 rescue workers should have called their insurance companies before they decided to run into the twin towers to save people lives to see if they were adequately covered. They probably should have asked the people they were rescuing if they had proper coverage before pulling them out and just saved the people who would be able to pay for their healthcare instead.

Remember, a healthy individual is more capable of being productive than someone who isn't healthy. Shit happens to everyone, whether it is self inflicted, intentional or accidental. We have all done stupid things in our life that could have seriously hurt us. Think about the message board you are posting on right now. Anabolic steroid use ! Are you going to tell your insurance company you take anabolic steroids for recreational use? Do you think they will still cover you? Your premiums will go through the roof, thats for sure.

Lets look at the benifits of universal healthcare. Less diseases being spread, stronger economy because of a healthier workforce, higher life expectancy... I could go on.

This is about basic human needs, looking out for your fellow human being. If you can put a price on someone's health, then you pretty much have lost touch with humanity.
    best post in whole thread.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    I second that collar...

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I can't stand Michael Moore. The best part of Team America is where he blows himself up. He's a poster boy for adult onset diabetes and cardiovascular failure if there ever was one.

Look at the defense budgets of our allies. Know why they're so low? Because Americans are basically footing the bill. No one's gonna fvck with someone even loosely associated with the US. These countries with national health care systems don't have to worry about their defense, thus they can afford to use taxes to provide health care for their citizens. Oops, did I show my conservatism?

I live in Japan, where we have a public health care system, and it sucks. The medicine is about 25 years behind the US. I can't even buy NyQuil when I've got a cold! So I have to go to the clinic to get something that might work and I still have to pay 30% of my hospital bill. And most of the doctors are 100% incompetent. Our OB/GYN kept telling us that the sonogram was indicating we would have a daughter, even though I pointed out to her on 3 different visits that these little things were testicles and this little thing was a penis. Imagine her surpise when my wife gave birth to a boy. Don't even get me started on the dentists over here.

Grrrrrrrr - now I'm angry!!!!!

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    No way I would watch the crap he comes up with. I live in Michigan and we have plenty of Canadians coming here for healthcare. Its lib BS.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    No way I would watch the crap he comes up with. I live in Michigan and we have plenty of Canadians coming here for healthcare. Its lib BS.

I hate that he's from Michigan...I also hate that he's from about 20 minutes away from me.

As far as the poster above comparing Paris Hilton to a 9/11 worker that is absurd. As much as I don't like Paris, she still makes a ton of money and pays her taxes on it which then makes her a productive person in our society. A 9/11 worker that is having problems with their health care has nothing to do with the U.S. as a whole but it has to do with the plan they took out with their local government (i.e. NYC FD, NYCPD..etc). MY point is that I don't want to pay for anyones health care besides my own, and that's the way it should be. Bob on the downtown corner with the cardboard sign that reads "Will punch myself in the face for beer" may deserve a beer but there is no way in hell he deserves free care for punching himself repeatedly nor does he deserve free care for when he gets a cold.

I think he needs more than winny

ya think??

Rules

Stock is offline Member
    F*** winny, lets see if we can blow this bitch up. dBol 50mg's ED, IMO...Let's see him swell up like a water balloon

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    I think our health care system would work better if we had less fat arses like Michael Moore who think it's the governments job to keep him healthy.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    If you look at Canada as a whole, we are more right leaning than left leaning, even with our healthcare and other services. And I never said a CEO should live in a shack. They earned the money, they have the right to spend it. The point I am trying to get across is basic human needs. I don't think people should be outright given a house, but there should be affordable housing (in other words, crappy apartment buildings) avaliable to those in dire need, something that provides basic shelter. I'm not talking a nice house for some bum, we both know that isn't right, and that is not the case. If it ever becomes the case, I'll be the first to speak out against it. Getting people off the streets helps reduce crime, and that effects you and I directly. I believe in providing the basics, but after that, it's all up to them if they want to live a normal life.
    I wonder why Cananda does not have the influx of immigrants the USA has? I mean since we are such a horrible repressive country with a pathetic heath care system you'd think we'd all flee to the Utopia called Canada

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Michael Moore is a fat joke!!!!!!! btw, I own 2 businesses and don't have health care either When I was paying for it they could never figure out what exactly was wrong so after dozens of tests and a few "scopes" up the ass, I said to hell with it and would rather buy supplements with the $180+ a month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information