Uconish is offline Member

Leonitis, Wallace, or Maximus

A guy i work with asked me the craziest question...Who would you rather be King Leonitis, William Wallace, or Maximus Decimus Meridius, and why. Basically, who's is biggest badass of the three.

And guys like Chuck Norris, Stallone, Arnold, Segal, etc dont count!!!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Well they all die so it sucks. But probably Leonitis cuz he is the only one whose wife didnt die, so I can still get action from my spankin hot wife.

But Wallace was the badest assest one for sure. Guy was hard core.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Well they all die so it sucks. But probably Leonitis cuz he is the only one whose wife didnt die, so I can still get action from my spankin hot wife.

But Wallace was the badest assest one for sure. Guy was hard core.

Thats the whole point.....plus, they all die with glory and honor!

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    maximus just cause of the way his troops stay so loyal to him

I was leaning towards Wallace myself, but just by a hair, only cause he fought with such anger and passion!

ccsranker is offline New Member
    Maximus ... friggin' slayed the emperor. That's as bad-ass as can be.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    william wallace was a BAD EVIL MAN! he was ****IN .. KRAZY! i wouoldnt want to be him or anyone WHO IS NEAR THAT MANIAC~ im talkin the realone.. not the one from the movie LOL
    but i bet he could tell some krazy bar stories

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    william wallace.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmmm Maximus was one bad dude, and he fought like an animal in the arenas for his revenge, on the other hand Leonidas fought for his 300 men and for his homeland to stop it from being enslaved. I don't know WW so I go with Leonidas -.-

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Leonitis all the way

maxiimus is offline Associate Member
    ummmm thought my username would fit in well in this thread

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    norris... easily!

timtim is offline Member
    leonitus - 300 comes out on 7/30 or 7/31 dvd, cant wait

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Leonitus cuz he was a natural badass. The other guys were just furious cuz they wanted revenge.

ryu hyubusa

Spartan13 is offline Junior Member
    No contest, King Leonadis, first he was a king, a spartan king at that, spartan enjoyed a completely open sexual culture, second, his story is even more heroic if you read the original texts of what happened, not just the movie. He knew without a shadow of a dough when he and his 300 men marched from Sparta, they were going to their death. Their was no chance at all. That kinda devotion to your beliefs is awesome. Wallace was a mad man, and by all definitions a terriost. Maximus, Real person? um ok.

Kennedy is offline Associate Member
    Id take Achilles over all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan13
    No contest, King Leonadis, first he was a king, a spartan king at that, spartan enjoyed a completely open sexual culture, second, his story is even more heroic if you read the original texts of what happened, not just the movie. He knew without a shadow of a dough when he and his 300 men marched from Sparta, they were going to their death. Their was no chance at all. That kinda devotion to your beliefs is awesome. Wallace was a mad man, and by all definitions a terriost. Maximus, Real person? um ok.
    Are you sure their is no biasis due to your screen name?

timtim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy
    Id take Achilles over all.

that means youd have to take his male lover with him. what was the "cousins" name from Troy? i think pericles. history said that was actually his lover, not his cousin.

Kennedy is offline Associate Member
    **** history that dude could fight

Hectooooor!

uponone23 is offline Associate Member
    because of the training he received and the culture he lived in Leonadis is by far the baddest ass of the three... True Wallace and Maximus were really pissed off.. But who is more dangerous.. The man who is angry or the cold, calculating, well trained killer who thinks only of his mission...

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I'd have to say Leonitis, because unlike the other two he didn't go fight to avenge his wife/child's death, he went for something he believed in.

Quote Originally Posted by uponone23
    because of the training he received and the culture he lived in Leonadis is by far the baddest ass of the three... True Wallace and Maximus were really pissed off.. But who is more dangerous.. The man who is angry or the cold, calculating, well trained killer who thinks only of his mission...
    Now you got me thinking......

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Easy, Maximus, that is of course if he existed. Why?

Someone stated earlier that Leonadis was a well trained killer...well so were the Romans. The Romans hands down were one of the most dominate militaries of all time. Obviously they did not have superior weapons and technology as we do now but for their time period they were dominate. So Maximus had both military training, experience, and experience leading men in battle. So he was a pretty well rounded military leader as well. Obviously the Spartans were this as well.

Next he was well respected by all of his men, he worked his way up and proved that he was not afraid to fight. Oh yes, and HE DID say he faught in what he believed in. In Gladiator he stated "I fight for Rome..." Where as the Emperor asks "Have you seen Rome?" So untill he knew how corrupt Rome had become he obviously believed in ideals of democracy etc...

Next, he had a reason to fight. They killed the king which was like his stepfather, killed his wife, killed his child, and burned his crops, not to mention leaving him for dead and the brutal way the killed his family.

I think if you mix all of these ingredients together you get one angry man capable of doing harm experience, training, respect, and anger/revenge thoughts that make you go 110%. Thats what Leonadis is missing IMO, yeah he was a hardcore guy, I admit that but a man thats angry and wants revenge is a dangerous man. Thats why man times in the past people kill entire families to prevent the children of learning of the parents-siblings fate and inacting revenge upon the perpatrators (sp?). Thanks.

God Bless!
    Last edited by Z-Ro; 06-23-2007 at 03:29 PM.

timtim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro
    Easy, Maximus, that is of course if he existed. Why?

Someone stated earlier that Leonadis was a well trained killer...well so were the Romans. The Romans hands down were one of the most dominate militaries of all time. Obviously they did not have superior weapons and technology as we do now but for their time period they were dominate. So Maximus had both military training, experience, and experience leading men in battle. So he was a pretty well rounded military leader as well. Obviously the Spartans were this as well.

Next he was well respected by all of his men, he worked his way up and proved that he was not afraid to fight. Oh yes, and HE DID say he faught in what he believed in. In Gladiator he stated "I fight for Rome..." Where as the Emperor asks "Have you seen Rome?" So untill he knew how corrupt Rome had become he obviously believed in ideals of democracy etc...

Next, he had a reason to fight. They killed the king which was like his stepfather, killed his wife, killed his child, and burned his crops, not to mention leaving him for dead and the brutal way the killed his family.

I think if you mix all of these ingredients together you get one angry man capable of doing harm experience, training, respect, and anger/revenge thoughts that make you go 110%. Thats what Leonadis is missing IMO, yeah he was a hardcore guy, I admit that but a man thats angry and wants revenge is a dangerous man. Thats why man times in the past people kill entire families to prevent the children of learning of the parents-siblings fate and inacting revenge upon the perpatrators (sp?). Thanks.

God Bless!

actually, their technology at the time was equal to ours for our time. they were extremely advanced and are considered only second to the egyptians in their ability to do the best with what supplies they had. they actually had sword and arrow proof suits and stuff like that. very advanced.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim
    that means youd have to take his male lover with him. what was the "cousins" name from Troy? i think pericles. history said that was actually his lover, not his cousin.

Homosexuality was quite commen in Spartan society as well. Spartan men were usually seperate from the women. And usually didn't have any contact with women until the day of their arranged marriage. They learned there sexuality in the company of other men.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim
    actually, their technology at the time was equal to ours for our time. they were extremely advanced and are considered only second to the egyptians in their ability to do the best with what supplies they had. they actually had sword and arrow proof suits and stuff like that. very advanced.
    I know that, what I was saying is that they obviously could not fight against a modern army. i.e. guns, jets, tanks They didn't have that type of technology but they were the dominate army of the time period in training, technology, etc...I guess I just agreed with you.

Point being, I think Maximus would own. :P

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Eh, none of the above. I'd rather be Miyamoto Musashi, the greatest swordsman the world has ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    Eh, none of the above. I'd rather be Miyamoto Musashi, the greatest swordsman the world has ever known.
    hell yeah he was a PIMPo!~

Who's the guy with the deficient thyroid?

Here's the REAL Musashi..

oh bad ass duel weilder ftw

and i have a nodachi.. does that make me cool?

Tai, you're not only cool - you're SUPER!

Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    Tai, you're not only cool - you're SUPER!
    I know...
    my nodachi upped my cool level. i broek the scabbard thing .. 6ft swords.. fall hard when u dont prop them up right ><

Spartan13 is offline Junior Member
    Not only was Leonidas far superior to the others, he actually went thought the agogi at age 7 to 20, think about that, many of you have seen the movie, but this is one of those cases where truth is stranger than fiction. If your inclined read Herodotus his accounts of Leonidas are even more increasable than the movie, and he was a contemporary of Leonidas. Yes all ancient Greek cultures allowed homosexuality, (now understand I'm not gay at all) but you cant judge that based on modern morality. Leonidas assent all good thought he was widely believed to have killed his brother to ascend one of the two kingships in Laconia. How about this how would you want to be described to some one who did not know you, ( That guy is Spartan) (That guy is Scottish) ( That guy is Roman) (That guy is Japanese)

Thread Information