Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Who else is buying an iPhone?

Who else is buying an iPhone? At 6pm I'm going on the hunt!

I was number 3 on an iPhone list at an AT&T store. But they are not going to honor the wait list because they have a line of people who camped outside the store last night.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E

I was number 3 on an iPhone list at an AT&T store. But they are not going to honor the wait list because they have a line of people who camped outside the store last night.

I would have thought you would get first dibs simply for being a Sony Corp. employee.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    This phone is going to have tons of bugs when released. I'd give it 6-12 months before i would even consider it. Also being that i am a Verizon Wireless customer i don't see a iPod phone is my future.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I would have thought you would get first dibs simply for being a Sony Corp. employee.
    I get a discount but not first dibs.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    This phone is going to have tons of bugs when released. I'd give it 6-12 months before i would even consider it. Also being that i am a Verizon Wireless customer i don't see a iPod phone is my future.
    You have no idea how anal Steve Jobs is. This phone WILL NOT launch with bugs.

I get a discount but not first dibs.
    I know the trainers that come to HHGregg, Best Buy, etc get them pre-release to play around with.

But I suppose they don't own them. They probably are just using them in order to be better able to explain their value to the store salespeople.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I know the trainers that come to HHGregg, Best Buy, etc get them pre-release to play around with.
    It's only sold at Apple or AT&T corporate stores. Not at the AT&T outlets *yet.* I think after a few months other stores will get them.

Blog Entries
    You have no idea how anal Steve Jobs is. This phone WILL NOT launch with bugs.
    Care to lay some cash on the line ?

The worst thing you can do is trust technology.

Care to lay some cash on the line ?

The worst thing you can do is trust technology.
    Technology? It's what I do for a living.

Apple has tested the hell out of this phone. It's gotten so much media coverage Apple wants the launch to be perfect. I got the first gen iPod as a gift from my employer years back and it launched without bugs. I also have a rev 1 17" MacBook Pro. No launch bugs.

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    I could come down on both sides of this (bcause I'm a gadget nut), but can't get past the $200. a month for service.
    I promised my son I would get him one (until I heard the monthly cost). I'm not giving anyone that much $$$ for monthly service!

Quote Originally Posted by Theatrix
    I could come down on both sides of this (bcause I'm a gadget nut), but can't get past the $200. a month for service.
    I promised my son I would get him one (until I heard the monthly cost). I'm not giving anyone that much $$$ for monthly service!
    Who told you the service is $200 a month? It's $60 a month including unlimited data.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    y do I need to buy one ill just take carlos's when he aint looking

Blog Entries
    Technology? It's what I do for a living.

Apple has tested the hell out of this phone. It's gotten so much media coverage Apple wants the launch to be perfect. I got the first gen iPod as a gift from my employer years back and it launched without bugs. I also have a rev 1 17" MacBook Pro. No launch bugs.
    For those that want to know pretty much all possible things that might be wrong with their MacBook Pro, have a look at AppleDefect's listing of all known issues with the MacBook Pro.
    http://www.appledefects.com/wiki/ind...le=MacBook_Pro

I still love you carlos

Quote Originally Posted by Lexed
    y do I need to buy one ill just take carlos's when he aint looking
    For what it costs, it'll probably self-destruct in your hand.

Blog Entries
    Only point i was making is that a lot of people trust technolony and i think thats a huge mistake on our part. Sure when comparing Apple to M$ , M$ doesnt stand a chance as far as required fixes/patchs/"updates" goes but just don't think that Apple is going to release anything that is bug free.

For those that want to know pretty much all possible things that might be wrong with their MacBook Pro, have a look at AppleDefect's listing of all known issues with the MacBook Pro.
    http://www.appledefects.com/wiki/ind...le=MacBook_Pro

I still love you carlos
    The defective MacBook Pros are 15" not 17". It's why I own a 17".

Blog Entries

I got an iPhone!

When I bought the phone they gave me a little black bag with the picture of the iphone on the outside. So I said to the guy why don't you just paint a target on the side of the bag. So he gave me a white apple bag to put over it. Even then, I took the phone out of the Apple bag and put it in my back pack so I was carrying an empty bag. I figured if someone tried to steal it they would feel that the iPhone bag was empty. So I weighted the bag down with my tupperware with the left overs from lunch. If someone tried to snatch it they'd run off with my left overs.

I got an iPhone!

When I bought the phone they gave me a little black bag with the picture of the iphone on the outside. So I said to the guy why don't you just paint a target on the side of the bag. So he gave me a white apple bag to put over it. Even then, I took the phone out of the Apple bag and put it in my back pack so I was carrying an empty bag. I figured if someone tried to steal it they would feel that the iPhone bag was empty. So I weighted the bag down with my tupperware with the left overs from lunch. If someone tried to snatch it they'd run off with my left overs.
    Simmah down nah.

-Ian

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    your so mean carlos do you believe how bad the theif would feel once he found out he stole a empty bag

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Not me . . . I'm happy with my collection of Automatic Electric model 50's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else is buying an iPhone?-telephone.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Not me . . . I'm happy with my collection of Automatic Electric model 50's.

How's that bicycle working out BTW?

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    How is the performance of the Net on the iphone? I hear mixed feelings of ATT EDGE network.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    I got an iPhone!

Congrats !! let us know if it stands up to all the hype?????

Would love to see the face of the guy that mugs you for your iphone only to get down the block and see your leftovers.......LOLOLOL

Cocklyaev is offline Junior Member
    i got a few myself...they're on ebay right now...o yea and if anyones interested pm me hehe

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I got an iPhone!

Damnit! No wonder I got a Tupperware with some nasty old chicken and rice!

Hey, since you work for Sony, doesn't it make you a corporate traitor to have Apple products?

Quote Originally Posted by test_cyp
    How is the performance of the Net on the iphone? I hear mixed feelings of ATT EDGE network.
    It's fast using Wi-Fi and OK using Edge. AT&T increased their Edge speed so it's actually not that bad. I'm posting from my iPhone right now on Edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    Hey, since you work for Sony, doesn't it make you a corporate traitor to have Apple products?
    Nope not at all. Sony and Apple do a lot of business together so I actually get an Apple discount as a perk.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    Congrats !! let us know if it stands up to all the hype?????
    So far yeah, it's holding up to the hype. Once you get the phone activated, if you know how to use an iPod you know how to setup and use an iPhone. The interface is very intuitive.

I have to say. Activation was a PAIN IN THE ASS!!! Activation is done through iTunes. If you are a new customer or switching from another cell provider it's easy to activate. If you are an existing AT&T customer and you want to upgrade your account and add the iPhone or keep your number it's a pain in the ass. It wouldn't let me do it through iTunes and I had to call AT&T. Last night they were swamped with calls and I was on hold for an hour before I got a rep who gave me incorrect information. I had to call back again, on hold for another 45 minutes to get someone who knew what they were talking about. I think they gave priority to new customers coming from Verizon or TMobile. It took about 10 hours for me to finally get my phone activate.

If there are gripes or unhappy iPhone customers it's going to be because of AT&T messing up. The operator said they were overloaded and did not expect the volume of calls. Umm... huh? The most hyped device ever and you didn't expect this amount of calls???

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    ^^Damn I would have been fuming if after all the anticipation I had to go through all of that just to activate the phone. I HATE dealing with customer service reps. I HATE waiting on the phone for a long time. I've got very good patience, just not on the phone. Pet peeve I guess.

I'm jealous that you got it. I wanted to have one before everyone else...

To top it off, starting about two days ago everytime I plug my phone in to charge, it turns off. I dropped it in the toilet about a month ago and I guess it's starting to show. Pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist
    ^^Damn I would have been fuming if after all the anticipation I had to go through all of that just to activate the phone. I HATE dealing with customer service reps. I HATE waiting on the phone for a long time. I've got very good patience, just not on the phone. Pet peeve I guess.

I'm jealous that you got it. I wanted to have one before everyone else...

To top it off, starting about two days ago everytime I plug my phone in to charge, it turns off. I dropped it in the toilet about a month ago and I guess it's starting to show. Pisses me off.
    It's funny, one of my coworkers called me at 7am asking if I got the phone. I'm like umm ... yeah I got the phone. But it's 7am. Why are you calling so early?

Then he asked me to test it with him. He asked me to try a few different things and every thing worked. Now he is on his way to the 24 hour Apple store to buy one. He is switching from Verizon so his activation will be faster than mine. When I first started playing with the phone I forgot it's a cell phone and only explored the internet features. Him calling me I was like "oh shit, the phone sounds great!" heh. I have music and 2 movies synched to the phone but I haven't tried that yet. I haven't plugged in the head phones yet.

The screen on the phone is sharp as hell. It looks as sharp as a CRT monitor. It's impressive.

You should go right now and buy one!

If you get an iPhone make sure you buy a bluetooth ear piece. The screen on this thing looks GROSS after putting it to your face. After taking a call I looked at the screen and realized I need my pours cleaned.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    If you get an iPhone make sure you buy a bluetooth ear piece. The screen on this thing looks GROSS after putting it to your face. After taking a call I looked at the screen and realized I need my pours cleaned.
    I could only imagine. My skin is naturally oily, so yeah i'd definitely get the blutetooth. The screen is completely scratch resistant though, right? My ipod looks like I drug it behind a car.

I could only imagine. My skin is naturally oily, so yeah i'd definitely get the blutetooth. The screen is completely scratch resistant though, right? My ipod looks like I drug it behind a car.
    I'm going to buy a case for it to protect the screen. And no, I will not scrath it on purpose to test how scratch resistant it is. Later on I'll take some picts of the phone and post them up.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    So I weighted the bag down with my tupperware with the left overs from lunch. If someone tried to snatch it they'd run off with my left overs.
    I would chase someone down and beat them real good for trying to steel my leftovers , maybe this phone will work in all the elavators at work, but hopefully not in the bathroom !!!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    I watched the demo on apple yesterday and this is one sweet device. However, the main factor of why I will not get one is like you said. ATT&T. I had a calling card with them back in 1997 and they seemed to be incompetent. So many problems with issues and getting resolutions with billing. Once, my treo dies, hopefully, it will be available with other carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    I would chase someone down and beat them real good for trying to steel my leftovers , maybe this phone will work in all the elavators at work, but hopefully not in the bathroom !!!
    Hey, I make a lot of important phone calls from the toliet. You don't?

The screen is completely scratch resistant though, right? My ipod looks like I drug it behind a car.
    iPhone stress test: how did it do?

http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,545-...d,0/video.html

The Internets are a cruel place when it comes to first generation uber-hyped gear. So goes the iPhone stress test conducted by PC World. Now, how do you think that 3.5-inch sheet of glass stacked onto a slim 11.6-mm chassis held up? Well, in tests which found the iPhone in a 30 to 40 rep shake 'n bake with a bag full of key chains; on the business end of a deliberate cold-steel scratch attempt on the display; and dropped to concrete at heights (note plural) of up to about 6-feet, it came away with just a few scuffs along the metal edge. Right, no damage to the display.

Blog Entries

Ridiculous! The AT&T stores are sold out but the Apple stores still have stock. I got to the Apple store 3 hours after they went on sale and I was in line for maybe 10 minutes and out of the door in less than 15. All of the people who waited in line for 4 days or if they're paying $1,000 for one should feel Stupid!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information