Thread: Banking Errors

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer

Banking Errors

Wondering if any of you crazy juice pigs have had any banking problems before and how you get them resolved.

I travel between cities every week so I do it mostly online. I go on once every couple days to make sure things are in order. Mainly I skim through and dont pay too much attention to things, make sure my money goes in on time etc.

Well i just looked today and saw a charge I didnt remember. It was small mind you, only $24. It was frmo a restaurant, I did go there and eat. My best friend was in town so we went out to his favourite place, but I got the steak special so it was only $15 flat. I got water to drink and thats it. With my tip I think I paid $18.

I know 100% I did not spend $24. What can I do about this. Sure its $6, makes no difference obviously in terms of finance, just a piss off. I dont keep receipts for things like that.

Anything I can really do?

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Last edited by paulzane; 09-20-2007 at 11:43 PM.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Call your bank, and dispute the charge, I guarantee you they will reverse the overcharge. Things like this happens all the time, but most people are just too busy to review their statements and these five or six dollars overcharges go through without problems.
    Good luck,
    CR

Quote Originally Posted by bodypaul
    Always check the amount before you sign or use your pin number for authorization.

Write the $6 off to experience!
    Thats the prob, I know I didnt type in $24

You make me sad bodypaul. Now Im broke.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox
    Call your bank, and dispute the charge, I guarantee you they will reverse the overcharge. Things like this happens all the time, but most people are just too busy to review their statements and these five or six dollars overcharges go through without problems.
    Good luck,
    CR
    Ya i guess thats the logical thing to do lol, call my bank. Like I said its not much money but I hate crap like that.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Sadder but wiser C_Bino
    Last edited by paulzane; 09-20-2007 at 11:44 PM.

Stock is offline Member
    More than likely, they added additional tip. Maybe on purpose, maybe an accident. You can request a signed receipt from the bank, but if you call the restuarant, they will probably clear it up for you pretty quick. They hate chargebacks, and if they get too many, their cc fees will go up. Ask to speak with the manager and see what he will do for you.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    stop being such a cheap prick....your bill was 15 and you tip 3 bucks...your so cheap....BWHAHHAHAHAHAHA....call your bank i am sure they will reverse it...also if it is with bank card its not like they can add money to your tip, but they can screw with it at the end....call your bank....

Hey man like I told you, the waitress sucked anyways. I wouldnt be surprised if she did purposely scam me somehow. $3 tip is good enough for her service. Its like 20%.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    last time i found a charge i didnt use i looked into it and found out my roomate in college used it to buy a pack of smokes. there was just a lillllllll'bit of tension between us after that....

Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    last time i found a charge i didnt use i looked into it and found out my roomate in college used it to buy a pack of smokes. there was just a lillllllll'bit of tension between us after that....
    Wow, that reminds me of a situation I had with my roommate. My roomie was goin to the store, so I asked her can she get me some skim milk. Shes like aight, I didnt have cash so I give her my card and PIN, we were friends so Im like w/e what is she gonna do?

Well she comes home with new f*ckin cleaning supplies for the house courtesy of ME.

That is such a piss off man I feel you.

it wouldnt be hard to guess your pin...its just you penis size in inches...0001....

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    My wife works for a bank. She says that the machine automatically charges a gratuity if your using a debit card but if you gave her cash for a tip the extra should come off. Otherwise it looks like she got more of a tip than you thought.

thats weird cause from Bino most girls dont get any tip...if you know what i mean....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Goddamnit...why am I the target of these attacks. First you attack me anally in bed, when all I did was come over cuz you said you wanted to play "G.I. Joes" now even after the restraining order you are still "up my ass."

when i am not going to be up your ass....its like the fuc8ing Grand Canyon...i just get lost and even bread crumbs wont help....

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Did it actually post to your account or is it still pending? Because when you pay with a debit card and they run your bill they authorise a certain amount. And its going to be more then your total will be. That way when you sign and add the tip they know it will get approved. She may have authorized $24 then when it post it will go through as your $18.

Thread Information