skr0w is offline Associate Member

Firefighter on juice taking physical.

I was wondering if anyone on here is a firefighter. If so if you juice how do you pass the yearly physical. I know the World strongest man is a firefighter. Just wondering how guys who juice pass these physicals. any comments????

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    my dept never tested for steroids .

My dept also never tested for steroids .

The only test here is during the medical when you're hired, they do a general "pee in the cup" opiates test for rec-drugs. If thats positive then they send you for blood work.

Red

So your dept. don't take an annual physical? I thought all do?

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    ive never been tested for roids as well i doubt any fire dept will want to shell out the doe to have steroid test done

why would there be a drug test at a yearly physical. if an employer is going to test u they're not going to let you know a year in advance lol.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    lol, I don't think they will test you for roids either.

I thought the'd do an annual physical, becuase it's a hard job on your body.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    my bro is on juice half the year & they never test for that...

Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    my bro is on juice half the year & they never test for that...
    Wouldn't his blood work be all screwed up?

would they even do a blood test for a physical? i never had a blood test in my life at a physical until i began aas and started requesting it. plus if they did a blood test to check for normal values to see if you're just healthy they probably wouldnt check your testosterone or estrodial levels which i think is the only way they would really be able to tell.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    Quote Originally Posted by skr0w
    Wouldn't his blood work be all screwed up?

yea it probably is.....

timtim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgilligan10
    would they even do a blood test for a physical? i never had a blood test in my life at a physical until i began aas and started requesting it. plus if they did a blood test to check for normal values to see if you're just healthy they probably wouldnt check your testosterone or estrodial levels which i think is the only way they would really be able to tell.

of course you get blood work at yearly physicals. whats the point of going in for a yearly if youre not getting bloodwork?

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering if anyone on here is a firefighter. If so if you juice how do you pass the yearly physical. I know the World strongest man is a firefighter. Just wondering how guys who juice pass these physicals. any comments????
    Pff... I'm not a firefighter!

So your dept. don't take an annual physical? I thought all do?
    Nope, no annual physicals here... once you're in, you are in...

On the other hand, the city does have the right to send any firefighter for a med examination at it's discretion and re-assign a FF to a non-combat job should it be reccomended by the doctors.

Oh and "forced employer drug tests" are not legal here and refusal to take one cannot be grounds for dismissal.

As for the drug test at the time of hireing, the fire dept isn't stupid, they know more than half the kids coming out of the academy are juiced to the gills... they don't test for juice because they "don't want to know".

Of course your mileage may vary in your area...

Red

hey red.....with no drug screening on yall dept, do yall have problems with drug use?

Nope, no real problems...

We do know a small percentage of the guys smoke weed on their own time (don't forget in Canada society isn't too uptight about that), but as long as they do not do so on the job and they do not come in to work impaired then there are no real problems.

Come in to work impaired (drugs or alcohol) on the other hand, and you'll be in a world of trouble. The dept has a zero tolerance policy on that, the mere smell of alcohol on your breath (even if you're not legally impaired), or obvious sighs of drug use (like coming in smelling like pot) will get you suspended on the spot, and very few guys will cover for someone who is impaired... (my life depends on my partners, no way in hell will I tolerate him being intoxicated).

Of course with around 3000 people working in this dept, we are a crosscut of society, so statistically there must be a small percentage of addicts with real problems in the job (and we have an employee help program run by and fon FF's for that).

Red
    Last edited by Red Ketchup; 07-11-2007 at 06:35 PM.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    the city does have the right to send any firefighter for a med examination at it's discretion and re-assign a FF to a non-combat job should it be reccomended by the doctors.
    reassigned to a "non-combat" job?!?!?! HAHAHA my bad if I find that hilarious, I guess fighting fires does qualify and it's not intended to be a putdown or anything just sounds funny to say that firefighting is in the "combat" field

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    reassigned to a "non-combat" job?!?!?! HAHAHA my bad if I find that hilarious, I guess fighting fires does qualify and it's not intended to be a putdown or anything just sounds funny to say that firefighting is in the "combat" field
    I dont really find it funny

Its f*ckin dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    Actually I don't see it as a "combat" job in the military sense of the world... it is a combat against elements (like fire) that *will* kill you if you screw up or are unlucky.

As for the term "non combat jobs", it means jobs where you no longer fight the fires or do any rescue or medic jobs.

Red

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    I dont really find it funny

Its f*ckin dangerous.
    dude, I'm not making fun of firefighting, I agree it can be very dangerous... I was just talking about them calling it a "combat" job. You show me the "enemy combatants" lol :-P

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    Some dept have a annual physical agility but not a physical with a MD. And most dept only test a 9 card for bad drugs.
    Buff

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Nope, no real problems...

We do know a small percentage of the guys smoke weed on their own time (don't forget in Canada society isn't too uptight about that), but as long as they do not do so on the job and they do not come in to work impaired then there are no real problems.

Come in to work impaired (drugs or alcohol) on the other hand, and you'll be in a world of trouble. The dept has a zero tolerance policy on that, the mere smell of alcohol on your breath (even if you're not legally impaired), or obvious sighs of drug use (like coming in smelling like pot) will get you suspended on the spot, and very few guys will cover for someone who is impaired... (my life depends on my partners, no way in hell will I tolerate him being intoxicated).

Of course with around 3000 people working in this dept, we are a crosscut of society, so statistically there must be a small percentage of addicts with real problems in the job (and we have an employee help program run by and fon FF's for that).

Red
    sounds like a good and fair drug policy. on my dept, over the years since drug screening, we lost about 20 firefighters, some good, some not so good. as for me, i feel what you do on your own time is on you. just no impairment on the job and i dont drink or drug. also, i always looked at firefighting as "combat" . ....

Thread Information