Thread: Tennis anyone?

lpicken is offline Associate Member

Tennis anyone?

This may belong in the workout forum, but I think its a pretty loungy subject. I just recently decided to partake in a little tennis. Yes, it is a sissy game but a hell of a workout nonetheless. Besides it is a great sport to play with your wife/girlfriend or meet one. Anybody here ever play?

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive excelled in every sport I've done but for some reason I never did in tennis, was good but not excellent. Nonetheless, you are right it is a great workout and a sport you can mentally defeat yourself.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    I love to play, never had a great serve but can return and volley very well. I still play and count it as my cardio and get some sun at the same time.

On a funny note, someone brought this topic up before and it turned it to a huge debate(fight) about wether or not tennis was a sport, it ended with a bunch of members being banned including pinnacle.

Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06
    I love to play, never had a great serve but can return and volley very well. I still play and count it as my cardio and get some sun at the same time.

On a funny note, someone brought this topic up before and it turned it to a huge debate(fight) about wether or not tennis was a sport, it ended with a bunch of members being banned including pinnacle.

LOL!!! I always wondered whatever happened to Pinnacle.

ifyoubuildit is offline New Member
    i spend time on a tennis court every weekend in the summer... it's great cardio. i am obsessed with it as a sport, including watching a lot on tv - i know some people find it excrutiatingly boring. i love it.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    here's the thread about tennis and all the debates, that is if you define debates as a couple of knuckleheads getting in a pissing contest over the internet

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...56#post2865956

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah, I remember that thread. Some real narrow minded people talking about Tennis.

Tennis is hard a hell and those guys are in friggin incredible shape. Watching a great tennis match is as good as any other sport as far as I'm concerned, the Federer vs. Nadal match this past weekend was outstanding.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I played competitive tennis up until I was 17 when the training and amount of time got too intense.

stacked566 is offline Associate Member
    Hey I like golf and tennis, and am a member at the local country club. I get to play those old farts all the time, its awesome. AND...I have a long drive comp coming up which will be in the middle of a cycle...yesss!

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Yeah, I remember that thread. Some real narrow minded people talking about Tennis.

Tennis is hard a hell and those guys are in friggin incredible shape. Watching a great tennis match is as good as any other sport as far as I'm concerned, the Federer vs. Nadal match this past weekend was outstanding.

Yeah I had some free tickets to see the WTA and the speed of the game is mesmerizing and they were women.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I watch Tennis for this:

Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06
    here's the thread about tennis and all the debates, that is if you define debates as a couple of knuckleheads getting in a pissing contest over the internet

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...56#post2865956

Classic internet debate. Pinnacle was certainly being a bonehead. I really liked that guy, I have the quote from his avatar hanging "all fancy-like" on my wall. Anyways, I find that it is best in life to try new and challenging things reguardless of the "machichismo" factor involved. Who knows you just might learn something about yourself.

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    tennis is a sport and its not a sissy sport but a great one imo

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    a bro told me years ago....you want to meet chicks....play tennis. its a very true statement. i played in a adult mixed league for a couple of years. it is a great sport, but just like all sports i played, i sucked at it too.

Dave-D is offline Junior Member
    I like it.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    tennis is fun and is very hard as well

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    yeah i always like pinnacles stuff but hes opinionated , and kinda a weirdo cause you can slay ***** at the tennis court its healthy you meet all kinds of people and its great exercise im no pro but i can serve @ 100mph i wonder if i hit him in the head with a tennis ball hed feel different oh and if anyone lives @ austin tx i just moved back and need people to play with

Thread Information