Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    unclemoney is offline Senior Member

Stang is f'n sweet, just got her back from the shop today

All you v6 haters out there don't continue to read.

Just finished having some drivetrain related parts installed on my 00 v6 stang. List of all my mods so far are.

mods:

-3,000rpm stall B&M torque converter
    -Transgo shift kit
    -7.5in ford t-lok rear end
    -4.10 gears
    -Mac shorty headers
    -Mac off-road H-pipe
    -Mac duals
    -VMP tuned SCT chip
    -BBK CAI(cold air intake)
    -underdrive pulley

Now I plan on buying one of supersix's powerpacks (cam, cylinder heads, intake(upper/lower)). Also plan on getting completely redone suspension//handleing, Ie; shocks, struts, lowering springs, sway bar, strut bar... Was thinking of ordering one of stangmods package deals.

All I can say is I love my stang. She sounds f'n sweet, and easily blows doors away :-)

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I have nothing against v6's But i never understood the point of dumping money into a v6 model when they make an 8. All the money you spent you could have gotten a gt. It probably should be faster and its worth more when you sell it

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Yeah, sounds like a really nice ride, but to me there is no replacement for displacement.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I have nothing against v6's But i never understood the point of dumping money into a v6 model when they make an 8. All the money you spent you could have gotten a gt. It probably should be faster and its worth more when you sell it
    as long as it makes him happy. i agree with u tho. i just burned a v6 mustang with my silverado last week. what does an 00 have stock? i think its like 185 hp.

Stock is 190 HP... duno if that's BHP or RWHP i think it's BHP so even less goes to the wheels... But from what I've done so far I f'n love the car now and I still plan on doing more :-)

stacked566 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    +1

Although, getting a GT is going a step backwards too.

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    Stock is 190 HP... duno if that's BHP or RWHP i think it's BHP so even less goes to the wheels... But from what I've done so far I f'n love the car now and I still plan on doing more :-)
    That's cool man, as long as it makes you happy keep it up. I'm partial to big engines but I rode in a Buick GNX that was incredible, nothing wrong with a V6 if it's built right.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i've always wondered myself why would someone sink alot of money into a v6 instead of getting a gt and make some real power. really the bottom line is it's your car and it is a mustang and not a buzzy ass import so i say hook it up and enjoy. i bet that bad boy is quick with the 3,000 stall and 4.10's behind it. what about a supercharger?

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    i've always wondered myself why would someone sink alot of money into a v6 instead of getting a gt and make some real power. really the bottom line is it's your car and it is a mustang and not a buzzy ass import so i say hook it up and enjoy. i bet that bad boy is quick with the 3,000 stall and 4.10's behind it. what about a supercharger?
    I was thinking about turbo perharps... But I've decided to stay N/A and go with a cylinder head, cam, and upper/lower intake swap (that should push an extra 70-100 horses depending on the setup)

Reason being is, not only would it be cheaper, but... It would be more efficient to run the engine N/A vs. the extra stress a power adder would add to stock internals. Of course the engine could take it, just would get more life outa it N/A.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    You put all these parts on a V6. What is wrong with You man?
    This is totally pointless.
    If You have a V6, don't race it just drive it, because it is slower than sh!t.
    If You want to mod, get a V8. It would be such big difference.
    3000 stall and 4.10 in a V6?! What?!
    I am not hating V6, I try to understand what the hell are You doing and what is your point of moding a V6?
    It a good looking car though!
    Last edited by UberSteroids; 07-10-2007 at 09:26 PM.

i can't speak for him but i think he might just want to do something different and i can understand that.

I was thinking about turbo perharps... But I've decided to stay N/A and go with a cylinder head, cam, and upper/lower intake swap (that should push an extra 70-100 horses depending on the setup)

Reason being is, not only would it be cheaper, but... It would be more efficient to run the engine N/A vs. the extra stress a power adder would add to stock internals. Of course the engine could take it, just would get more life outa it N/A.
    i can understand wanting to go naturally aspirated instead of a supercharger or turbo for the longevity of your bottom end. i don't know how stout the v6 is but i'm sure it can't handle a whole lot of boost.

Quote Originally Posted by stacked566
    +1

Although, getting a GT is going a step backwards too.
    haha i second that. if ur going to get a mustang at least go for a cobra/saleen. although they've really beefed up the GTs in the past 4-5 years. i used to have a camaro ss and i could usually keep up with cobras. all motor baby...

Quote Originally Posted by pgilligan10
    haha i second that. if ur going to get a mustang at least go for a cobra/saleen. although they've really beefed up the GTs in the past 4-5 years. i used to have a camaro ss and i could usually keep up with cobras. all motor baby...
    why the dumpin on a gt? unless i'm wrong you can get a brand new gt for around 25k that hauls ass and imo is the best looking car on the road. what else can compete with a gt for the value? nothin. damn sure not anything general motors is making and i'm not bashing gm (i've owned a '67 ss camaro for 12 years and i'll have it till the day i die) but the mustang is the best thing goin right now and has been for a while.

why the dumpin on a gt? unless i'm wrong you can get a brand new gt for around 25k that hauls ass and imo is the best looking car on the road. what else can compete with a gt for the value? nothin. damn sure not anything general motors is making and i'm not bashing gm (i've owned a '67 ss camaro for 12 years and i'll have it till the day i die) but the mustang is the best thing goin right now and has been for a while.
    Because no mustang (save the 03/04 terminator) has even come close to keeping up with stock camaros/trans-ams. The 94-95GT's were the last decent gt's because at least there was potential in the motor since it was a 5.0. Then in 96-98 they had the original 2valve OHC nightmare 4.6 that barely pumped 160-170 to the wheels (in fact the 6 cylinder camaro rocked it in a 1/4 mile in 98 with the 3.8 v6).

So then ford made some refinements and got a solid 200-220rwhp car...still slower than shit with little to no hop up potential. Think, you could put gears, headers, full intake, tuning, clutch/stall, stickies and suspension and still not break 13.0's....no joke. The cobra was the only saving grace because at least you could supercharge it and make some respectable power (due to the 4v heads). Even supercharged/turbo'd 4.6L 2v heads don't crack 400rwhp with basic mods (of course, there are supercharger companies out there that would love to have people believe this, but it isn't so.

So, the 03 cobra comes out, and it is the first respectable stang ford has came out with since the old SVO Fox Bodies (which were still dog slow). How does 390hp (at the wheels in some cars) and all forged internals sound? Pretty sweet, but still nowhere near a late model LS1/LT1 for money/performance aspect. But if money isnt an object then why are you driving a mid priced car? Go get the vette!

I don't hate v6's either. Turbo regals/GNX's were bad ass (not stock of course), and the 90* V6 by chevy is raced regularly by rock crawlers and limited displacement circle track cars...just no ford motors have lived up to any standards of 'performance'.

i definately think the brand new gts and cobras are official as far as looks goes. but u cant really compare current gm to ford because they arent coming back out with camaros for a couple more years. once the new camaros come out tho they will be the sickest cars on the road once again. i have to agree with stacked on the motor point. ever since those old 5.0s the only reason mustangs have been able to keep up with any sportscar is because of insane upgrades including superchargers. the only mustang that was ever really able to bury me was a mustang cobra with so much sh^t done to it, it was dyno'd out at 505hp to the flywheel.

the ford vs. gm thing will always be but i happen to be simply a fan of american muscle cars. i think everyone will agree that the chevrolet small block whether it be a generation 1 cam in the block pushrod motor or the newer fancy LS motors and the ford 5 liter are without question remarkable engines that are loved by many. as for the new camaro we'll just have to see if it will be able to compete with the stang. gm will have to keep the price down to do so.

Yeah, for some reason I see the camaro coming in at like 40K w/ the LS2 cranking out 450+ at the wheels.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    lol at this thread... "gt fast as hell"? hahahahaha

as for the new camaro we'll just have to see if it will be able to compete with the stang. gm will have to keep the price down to do so.
    Not exaclty, the new camaro will blow the stang out of the water, and people will be fine with paying bit more, if that's the case, for such nice car. If it's going to be able to keep up with the stang ? haha, that's funny. It's totally other way around brother. New Camaro makes the GT500 look like an old car.
    Just wait and you'll see. Remember ford was and always will be the one trying to keep up, not GM.

Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids
    Not exaclty, the new camaro will blow the stang out of the water, and people will be fine with paying bit more, if that's the case, for such nice car. If it's going to be able to keep up with the stang ? haha, that's funny. It's totally other way around brother. New Camaro makes the GT500 look like an old car.
    Just wait and you'll see. Remember ford was and always will be the one trying to keep up, not GM.
    Ive owned both so... Camaroes pre 93 sucked. mustangs 86-92 killed the camaros

True. The tbi camaro's blew ass for many reasons. It wasn't until the LT1 til the camaro reigned supreme again. Then with the LS1 and ford moving to the 4.6 it was all over.

Then with the LS1 and ford moving to the 4.6 it was all over.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    We got a 2007 now, so don't give me that pre 93' camaro thing.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i saw a rediculous twin turbo v6 stang at the track last summer. it was rediculous

was it ridiculous?

Nothing more, nothing less.
    We got a 2007 now, so don't give me that pre 93' camaro thing.
    2007 camaro? where?

when i say compete with the mustang i'm meaning sales which is the only thing ford and gm are concerned with. that's interesting that you already know what's going on with the camaro since they haven't even built a single one yet so in other words all we have is a concept which is not the actual car. i have seen the concept and it does look nice but the mustang is better looking to me but like i stated the only thing we've seen is a concept and not a real car. i like your ford will always be trying to keep up and not gm. lol! how old are you? unless i'm wrong the camaro has been dead and buried for the last 5 years so you tell me who is playing keep up? actually who is going to try to play keep up because they're not even in the game right now while the mustang is selling like hot cakes. the fact is the camaro will sell (if they ever make them) to the (bowties rule and everything thing else sucks) crowd but if it doesn't appeal to the knowledgable consumer who wants a good value for what they purchase it will be back in a caskett where it's been for a long time anyway.

Huckster is offline Associate Member
    All you v6 haters out there don't continue to read.

Just finished having some drivetrain related parts installed on my 00 v6 stang. List of all my mods so far are.

mods:

-3,000rpm stall B&M torque converter
    -Transgo shift kit
    -7.5in ford t-lok rear end
    -4.10 gears
    -Mac shorty headers
    -Mac off-road H-pipe
    -Mac duals
    -VMP tuned SCT chip
    -BBK CAI(cold air intake)
    -underdrive pulley

Now I plan on buying one of supersix's powerpacks (cam, cylinder heads, intake(upper/lower)). Also plan on getting completely redone suspension//handleing, Ie; shocks, struts, lowering springs, sway bar, strut bar... Was thinking of ordering one of stangmods package deals.

All I can say is I love my stang. She sounds f'n sweet, and easily blows doors away :-)
    Me and my Trans Am will kick you and your 'stang anyday. Bring it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stang is f'n sweet, just got her back from the shop today-mullet_2003.jpg  

Big
    I'm primarily a Chevy guy, I drive a big-block C3 Corvette, but when people say something like "Ford was always the one trying to keep up" I can't help but think of the original 427 Cobra or the original GT40. There wasn't a lot that would keep up with those at the time, and both would still be in my top 10 of favorite cars.

I don't understand this huge dispute... Shoot I like all kinds of cars (except for imports and rice burners), just the mustang happens to be my fav car.

I don't understand this huge dispute... Shoot I like all kinds of cars (except for imports and rice burners), just the mustang happens to be my fav car.
    really. this seems to have turned into a mustang vs. camaro thing which is completely absurd when you think about it because there are NO camaros being built and meanwhile ford can't build enough stangs and are selling them before they can even put the sticker on the window. what's the argument here?

Big
    Hell man there are even imports I like, I rode in a well modded WRX that was a blast, I'd like to have one. I say if it's fun to drive who cares who made it, Ford, Chevy, or other. Also don't forget Ferrari is an import

Big Man Ati is offline Junior Member
    Post some pics

Your highly doubt your going to get 100hp out of heads and a cam on that motor. Also those parts will probably cost about the same a SC

The argument went from:
    wasting money on the v6 instead of getting a GT, the GT being worthless as well, by comparison to camaro...ending us here.

Bottom line, v6 stang/2v 4.6 stang are money pits. End of story.

They sell more cars than GM, who gives a shit. Toyota sells more trucks than them combined...so what? A piece of shit is still a piece of shit no matter how many vehicles are sold. I'm glad the camaro went out of production, they needed to. They were getting way too expensive and weren't progressing with new designs. No argument there.

am i correct here in you are stating that toyota sells more trucks than gm and ford combined? wow! where did you get this from because i'd love to see the numbers on this.

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    I have nothing against V-6 I just have issues with cars. I'm 6' 3" and most cars are a little tight for me to get in and out of. I like my big truck.
    Buff

a quick google will net you the numbers...while ford is no.1 for the month (due to the rise in focus sales), their trucks have dropped over 8%, toyota's rose over 10%, and gm's dropped 20+%.

Big
    a quick google will net you the numbers...while ford is no.1 for the month (due to the rise in focus sales), their trucks have dropped over 8%, toyota's rose over 10%, and gm's dropped 20+%.
    I thought you were saying that Toyota sells more trucks than Ford and GM combined sell vehicles, but confined to trucks I see where you are coming from. How did we go from this guys V6 Mustang to who sells the most trucks?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I sank alot of money and time into my 4 banger (DSM) and it was eating v8s all the time.

SUCKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information