Diary of a Mad-man is offline Associate Member

Help Dealing with an asshole....

I know I dont have shit for post count, but I have read this site for over a year, and knew you guys would have the best advice.

This may sound kind of pathetic, being that I am 27, but I am too nice of a guy, and when someone is a total asshole, Im so caught off guard, that I let them get away with being an asshole. My life experience has just been that way, very little encounters, one fight, no military, or jail experience, nothing requiring me to be an asshole or get in anyones face about anything. Im a nice guy and seldom does trouble come around me. No male role models ever in my life either, which might not help.

So.......I joined a pool league, 8-ball, and things were going fine. I got along with everyone. Then we played this team where a guy about my age is just being a total ****ing asshole. He comes over and looks us up and down, is just leaning over us looking at our score sheet to see whos on our roster. I said I wanted to start at the correct time (7:30) so all of my players would have time to show (instead of 7:15 which it was). He goes off on me "listen buddy, the rules are...blah blah blah"......so I now hate this ****ing guy.

Not to make this story too long, but he basicly cheated during one of their games when I was in the bathroom by getting to break 3 times after a bad break, which my teamates dont know you only get 1 re-rack because they are totaly new. They told me what happened when I came out, and I asked him "how many times did you break?" and he turned around smiling like a little **** and said "it really doesnt matter since the game is in progress". so i said "well you seamed like the person to ask since your such a stickler for the ****ing rules". We got in each others face and got loud.

Fast forward 1 week later. I forgot about the guy and went on with my life. When Im shooting, he shows up behind me right when I miss (playng a different team) and he goes "ouch!"......and walks the away. I realize we are playing at the table next to that asshole. He continues to basicly sit in the bar space corresponding to our table, in other words, hes taking up our space in front of our table, sitting caddy corner to his. I told him to move, and he eventually did. There is other shit, it goes on and on.

So, when do I snap and bust this guys ****ing face open and get banned from my favorite bar across the street.............????? Blood on new pool tables = 80(.......Its not a matter of who would win either. I would kill this cocksucker. He always does this shit when noone is around, so his team doesnt see what an asshole he is. Same with my teamates. I suppose I dont want to go to jail either which could happen.

Oh, and he's actually good at pool and I have to play them in about 8 weeks again. If I shouldnt neuter this *****, then at least give me some good things to say. Im not the most articulate of people in those situations. Any help is greatly aprecciated.
    Last edited by Diary of a Mad-man; 07-12-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Dont sacrifice your integrity and clean criminal record for this tool.

You are 27... you should know the answer already. Walk away. It's not worth it.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    It should have never gotten to this point IMO. You should have made it clear from the get go that you won't take his shit.

Since you have let it escalate, might as well break the pool stick across his ****ing face and get it over with. Then when he is ont he ground bleeding, yell "Ouch"
    ***No source checks!!!***

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    Dont sacrifice your integrity and clean criminal record for this tool.

You are 27... you should know the answer already. Walk away. It's not worth it.

If you are mature, follow this advice.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    I would not go off and beat his ass, but there is nothing wrong with a very stiff confrontation face-to-face. Ask him to talk to you in private and be honest with him without using names or fighting words. That way there is no one to show off in front of and he has to deal with your confrontation, or else he is a coward and you will both know it.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    The best way to piss off a pest is to behave as if they have absolutely no effect on you. There is some truth to the saying "if you ignore it, it will go away". When this idiot realizes that nothing he says or does (short of physically assaulting you) will get any reaction, he'll walk away with his tail between his legs. Yes, its the male instinct to kick ass and claim your dominance, but this guy just aint worth it, you have nothing to gain AT ALL

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    It should have never gotten to this point IMO. You should have made it clear from the get go that you won't take his shit.

Since you have let it escalate, might as well break the pool stick across his ****ing face and get it over with. Then when he is ont he ground bleeding, yell "Ouch"

This is probably what I would do....although I dont think you should...

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Dont let it bother you man.........Just shrug it off.......

point 1. What negative could possibly come from his being an asshole? Besides your anger.....(ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...ESP IF YOU SHRUG IT OFF)

2. point 2. What good could possibly come from knocking him out? Going back to point 1, you should be shrugging it off and not letting it bother you anyway.

dont go to jail or get sued for nobody.....Never been in jail myself, never been in a fight, dont ever plan to

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    This is probably what I would do....although I dont think you should...
    It's what I would do too. But, I'm not the best role model.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    best way to get him, beat him next week at pool.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

You should have stood up for yourself at the first sign of bullshit ... and you should stand up for yourself the next time he gives you shit.

But ... if you can go on and not let it bother you ... then just walk away and say fvck em.
    Last edited by QuieTSToRM33; 07-12-2007 at 03:00 PM.

briancb1 is offline Member
    Yea beat him at pool. Try to avoid this guy he is trouble, when he pisses on someones shoe that is a bigger jerk he will get whats comming trust me. People like that usually end up in jail or have their car keyed or windows broken out... crap like that. They will get theirs don't worry.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    You should have stood up for yourself at the first sign of bullshit ... and you should stand up for yourself the next time he gives you shit.

But ... if you go on and not let it bother you ... then just walk away and say **** em.

Thats the thing...if you can go on a not let it bother you. Shit like that used to keep me awake at night. So I stopped walking away. Sleep like a baby now

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I would have just told him to re-rack when you got back. If he said no i would have pushed all the balls into a pocket and asked how about now ?

P.S
    This shouldn't turn into a physical fight but you do need to stand your ground a little more. If you let him step on you once he will do it over and over again.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Your a better man then me bro. I would of just knocked his lights out. . But im iresonsible and young We here in boston dont take any sh*t, dont no how it is in florida haha.
    Last edited by K.Biz; 07-12-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    Your a better man then me bro. I would of just knocked his lights out. . But im iresonsible and young We here in boston dont take any sh*t, dont no how it is in florida haha.
    Serious. I got a pic of your crew the other night, scary

Last edited by DSM4Life; 07-12-2007 at 04:21 PM.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    play him at his own game start abusing him in private and make seemingly innocent but niggling remarks in public u seem confident u can take him so provoke him into attacking u that way it will look like self defense

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I cant believe peole think you should beat this guy because he is annoying. That is basically what it boils down too - he is immature and annoying. Let him get on with it. If he wants to look like a 12 yr old kid and make silly remarks and cheat then let him. Certainly no reason to beat him up IMO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I cant believe peole think you should beat this guy because he is annoying. That is basically what it boils down too - he is immature and annoying. Let him get on with it. If he wants to look like a 12 yr old kid and make silly remarks and cheat then let him. Certainly no reason to beat him up IMO.
    Agree.

It takes more to walk away from a fight then to throw down.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I only ask because the other day I was staring at the back of his head from 1 foot away for about 4 damned hours, and couldnt stop fantasizing about sledge hammering his face. I might sound like a ***** because of this post (which I dont give a shit), but I have very little human interaction (I have worked at home for six years now, which is part of why I joined a pool league).

Yes you guys are right, I basicly already know. Plus, they have my name and address for the pool league. There is nothing anonymous about it, so it wouldnt be like a random bar fight. The owner is a nice grandpa old man who gives me my first pitcher for free, so I cant ruin that. I DO have a clean criminal record and a son that lives out of state, which I could jeapordize being able to visit. I thought of waiting for him to go outside and beating the shit out of him there.

So, I devised this simple plan to deal with him....this is kinda mixing all of your advice into one.

1. I will always smile around him. He did a good job at rattling us last time.

2. When he makes a rude comment, I will announce "Why are you such a rude little faggot?" "I am just shocked at how rude of a little **** you are" etc.......major insult + getting to the point. Rudeness.

3. If he continues to run his mouth to me, I will then go to "I have an idea, why dont you shut your faggot mouth, you ****ing *****". I can repeat that as long as he is trying to talk to me. Repeat ad nauseum. "All you do is run your ****ing ***** mouth, shut the **** up".......in other words, I will stay on the subject of him needing to stop talking to me, while simultaneously hurling the most embarrassing comments I can, praying maybe HE will get physical.

4. When I have to play him, and he beats me (he may not, but he is good), I will announce "well, Id rather suck at pool than be a little ****ing asshole, Im not going to lose any sleep"......I figure thats a good clincher.

Thanks for the help big brothers. This is a testament to how much bullshit roid rage is. I had 20 people tell me not to use violence. LOL.
    Last edited by Diary of a Mad-man; 07-13-2007 at 07:39 AM.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diary of a Mad-man
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I only ask because the other day I was staring at the back of his head from 1 foot away for about 4 damned hours, and couldnt stop fantasizing about sledge hammering his face. I might sound like a ***** because of this post (which I dont give a shit), but I have very little human interaction (I have worked at home for six years now, which is part of why I joined a pool league).

Yes you guys are right, I basicly already know. Plus, they have my name and address for the pool league. There is nothing anonymous about it, so it wouldnt be like a random bar fight. The owner is a nice grandpa old man who gives me my first pitcher for free, so I cant ruin that. I DO have a clean criminal record and a son that lives out of state, which I could jeapordize being able to visit. I thought of waiting for him to go outside and beating the shit out of him there.

So, I devised this simple plan to deal with him....this is kinda mixing all of your advice into one.

2. When he makes a rude comment, I will announce "Why are you such a rude little faggot?" "I am just shocked at how rude of a little **** you are" etc.......major insult + getting to the point. Rudeness.

3. If he continues to run his mouth to me, I will then go to "I have an idea, why dont you shut your faggot mouth, you ****ing *****". I can repeat that as long as he is trying to talk to me. Repeat ad nauseum. "All you do is run your ****ing ***** mouth, shut the **** up".......in other words, I will stay on the subject of him needing to stop talking to me, while simultaneously hurling the most embarrassing comments I can, praying maybe HE will get physical.

4. When I have to play him, and he beats me (he may not, but he is good), I will announce "well, Id rather suck at pool than be a little ****ing asshole, Im not going to lose any sleep"......I figure thats a good clincher.

Thanks for the help big brothers. This is a testament to how much bullshit roid rage is. I had 20 people tell me not to use violence. LOL.
    i like it

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

That will make you look like the bigger a-hole.

also you say you never been in a fight. why are you so confident you can kick his ass?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

also you say you never been in a fight. why are you so confident you can kick his ass?
    Agreed.

Your response to him running his mouth is for you to..... run your mouth?

Just rise above it and laugh at him, if you can't do that then confront him in a non-aggressive way in front of everyone,
    i.e. when he is rude say:
    "I'm not being funny my man but have you got some kinda problem with me? - Its just that you always seem to have such a bad attitude"
    Sounds stupid typed here but delivered in the right tone - confident but ultra polite - it will completely disarm and embaress him.

^^^ yup. You dont want to sound like a dumbass with cuss words and name calling. Look the ****er in the eye and let him know you dont care for his shit. Be polite and confident and he'll back off.

I said I was in one fight, and I broke the guys nose, last year.......I have 15 pounds and about 5 inches on this guy.

Whatever.......The guy runs his mouth, I play his game and run mine in response. He shuts up, I shut up. I'm not TOTALY helpless you know, I just have a high opinion of YOUR opinions. Like I said, Ive read this site for over a year. Figured who better to ask than people with real life experience.

Yeah, I tried saying "we are gonna have to continue to play in the same place for a long time, so you better get used to me being here, theres no point in being an asshole".

and sorry for throwing around the word faggot so much, realizing that a gay dude was kind enough to respond to my thread.......just pissed off.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I said I was in one fight, and I broke the guys nose, last year.......I have 15 pounds and about 5 inches on this guy.

Whatever.......The guy runs his mouth, I play his game and run mine in response. He shuts up, I shut up. I'm not TOTALY helpless you know, I just have a high opinion of YOUR opinions. Like I said, Ive read this site for over a year. Figured who better to ask than people with real life experience.

Yeah, I tried saying "we are gonna have to continue to play in the same place for a long time, so you better get used to me being here, theres no point in being an asshole".

and sorry for throwing around the word faggot so much, realizing that a gay dude was kind enough to respond to my thread.......just pissed off.
    Just from experience he runs his mouth you run your mouth it usually doesn't end both of you shutting up. Also if it turns into a big argument and your in a bar or pool hall you both can get thrown out.

you seem like a good guy. But why sink to his level of name calling. Its gonig to get you now where and make you look like an a-hole.

Also. 15lbs and 5 inches means absolutely nothing. Trust me if it was true i would have been beaten more then webb beat bino's ass. Since I'm a towering 5'6 and 185lbs

Just from experience he runs his mouth you run your mouth it usually doesn't end both of you shutting up. Also if it turns into a big argument and your in a bar or pool hall you both can get thrown out.

you seem like a good guy. But why sink to his level of name calling. Its gonig to get you now where and make you look like an a-hole.

Also. 15lbs and 5 inches means absolutely nothing. Trust me if it was true i would have been beaten more then webb beat bino's ass. Since I'm a towering 5'6 and 185lbs
    Oh, I agree, the tale of the tape means jack, which is one of the many reasons I am always polite and show the best sportsmanship possible to all people at all times. I'm not the type of person to go around sizing people up, but at this point it doesnt matter if he's 3X my size. I didnt start all of this shit because I had a slight build advantage on him.

"also you say you never been in a fight. why are you so confident you can kick his ass?"

I should have said, because I have THESE......(now, time for everyone to tear my ameteur-ass picture to shreds. This would be my first pic post I guess. Flame away incredible hulk mother-****ers....lol)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help Dealing with an asshole....-p1010111.jpg  
    Last edited by Diary of a Mad-man; 07-13-2007 at 10:15 AM.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I would not even swear at him. I would be polite but assertive and tell him to keep his rude immature comments to himself.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    The ONLY time an altercation should become a physical fight is if it is worth DYING for........and then and only then should you go into the fight with the attitude that only ONE of you will come out of it alive!!!

If you take that attitude towards fighting, then you will see how many fights you can avoid because they are just NOT worth dying or killing over!! Just have to let go of the EGO sometimes

Stock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    The ONLY time an altercation should become a physical fight is if it is worth DYING for........and then and only then should you go into the fight with the attitude that only ONE of you will come out of it alive!!!

If you take that attitude towards fighting, then you will see how many fights you can avoid because they are just NOT worth dying or killing over!! Just have to let go of the EGO sometimes

Good Advice^^^

If you cant let it go, ask him politely if he has a problem with you. and before he can answer, let him know that he can step outside with you and settle it once and for all if he does. Even if you loose, he will respect you for standing up for yourself. He is just a bully, stand up to him or he will ride your ass forever...Just like the bullies in grade school, they talk big shit until they have to put up. Call him out and he will probably be a friend one day.

Great advice, EVERYBODY, thank you.

Big Man Ati is offline Junior Member
    Good luck with this. Hope you beat his ass....at pool that is.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001

Wise words Beast. It seems to me most guys here think unless you break the guys face you ain't badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg
    It seems to me most guys here think unless you break the guys face you ain't badass.
    I dont get that impression at all.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Serious. I got a pic of your crew the other night, scary

Thread Information