Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~

What was YOUR personal motivation to begin steroid use?

Hey all,

I've wondered this for a while; as we are all here in the endless quest for more muscle, a better physique or for competitive purposes, what was the deciding factor for yourself when you felt it was time to begin using anabolics?

When did you feel you were ready to begin cycles, and what have you learned since beginning? Do you have any regrets or things you wish you could have changed?

I'm 21 years old now, been training for about a year and a half, sitting at 200 pounds right now at about 15% bodyfat after about 6 months of bulking. I know I'm not ready for anabolic use yet, but I know eventually down the road I will cross over because for myself, I find the size is never good enough, I never feel big enough, and the more I grow every month, the more I want. Are you guys the same?

Most guys are never happy with thier size, it is what keeps us going I guess!
    -XL

jing jai

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtralarg
    Most guys are never happy with thier size, it is what keeps us going I guess!
    I agree, most dont use aas because they compete they use just because they want to be bigger.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Girls.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    First cycled when I was 18 for high school football

Quote Originally Posted by king6
    Girls.
    girls? i dont know many girls that like really muscular guys.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    when i was younger, it was to get to the size of a pro bber, or break untested powerlifting world records..i always wanted to see just how big and strong i could possibley get...then i got a little older, got mad sick...and learned not to take my health for granted and my priorities changed. had that not happened i might be cycling right now..but now i know i never will, even tho i still think about it (hypothetically) from time to time.

Receiver84 is offline Associate Member
    I was skinny as hell in high school. I was liked by people but I was also hammered for how skinny my legs were. I worked out hard for 10 years prior to starting my first cycle. Now I'm much bigger and in far better shape then all of those duesch bags. I love seeing people from my past now. Motivates me to this day.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I like the thought of being bigger, faster, and stronger than alot of people.

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    i was also skinny for the majority of my young life, I was once reffered to as a person who would always be skinny for the rest of my life by a coach which pissed me off. But that was simply my reason for working out.

I guess i like the concept of being able to defend myself against most people, i have been in situations where i havent been able to while with a loved one, which is scary. I also like the way i feel during. Plus cycling helps me stay dedicated because i dont want to waste my money if im just guna **** it up.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    actually it was the idea of steroids that got my interested in lifting. I was looking in a playboy when i was in highschool and I saw a ad for those "LEGAL STEROID "and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I then decided that i wanted to be as big as unhumanly possible and juice. I Started lifting and I droped like $600 dollars on "LEGAL STEROIDS " and had NOTHING to show for it. I learned that they werwe fake the hard way. I finally turned to the dark side at 19 and i luv every minute of it. Im now on my second cycle and it is MIND BLOWING!

Quote Originally Posted by pgilligan10
    You need to get out more.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I started using steroids because everyone was doing it and I didnt want to be the one who didnt

DCB83 is offline Associate Member
    I started cuz i wanted to be bigger and look good.I also noticed that i get more respect from ppl where ever i am.And whoever says that women dont like muscular men, they're wrong.They love it...just like we like a nice ass and tits on women.

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Vanity... Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by king6
    You need to get out more.
    lol, you may be right. its just girls that know me and can see that i get bigger everyday and know that im in the gym constantly ask me all the time how big i want to be....so most of the time i just tell them the truth, which is probably about the same for everyone in here (most want to look like arnold or as close as possible). and about 99% of the time they say thats gross or whatever. maybe they're lying for some reason, i dunno. i personally dont care bc i dont do it for girls at all. i do it for myself & because i love the lifestyle and everything about it.

DCB83 is offline Associate Member
    lol, you may be right. its just girls that know me and can see that i get bigger everyday and know that im in the gym constantly ask me all the time how big i want to be....so most of the time i just tell them the truth, which is probably about the same for everyone in here (most want to look like arnold or as close as possible). and about 99% of the time they say thats gross or whatever. maybe they're lying for some reason, i dunno. i personally dont care bc i dont do it for girls at all. i do it for myself & because i love the lifestyle and everything about it.
    chiks ask me the same thing.
    They all think really big guys are gross.They'd rather have a nicely built man whos tight and cut.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    They say they don't, they may even believe they don't but it is imprinted in their DNA to find a big strong mate to reproduce with.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    They say they don't, they may even believe they don't but it is imprinted in their DNA to find a big strong mate to reproduce with.
    def true. I started A.S. to get as big as f'n possible and that's still my goal.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Steroids for me have been like my anti-depression drug, lol... I know it's probably the worst decision to take them under those circumstances, but I did... It started with my first gilrfriend my Junior year of highschool, yeh, I had been so skinny my entire life I really didn't have much attention paid to me... I had been working out for quite some time when I guess I hit a growth spurt my Junior year and started to see good results... When she left me I thought it was because I was too small, so I decided to take them, I came back highschool year the star of my advanced weight training class and it was there I met my last gf of 1.5 years... I stopped cycling when I was with her, and eventually working out.. I lost all my gains and it wasnt till a year later I looked into the mirror and knew I needed to go back. So I bulked up as much as I had before, but this time naturally.. Eventually I knew it was ending and I was still much in love with her and when she left me I couldnt eat as much or lift as much as before and started losing it.. So I undertook steroid usage again... I've been off for about 3 months now, feeling great and looking great, gunna do it naturally for quite some time now!

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    They like muscular guys up to a certain extent. Theres a point where you are too big for the average women to find attractive. I dont know many girls who would actually wana get with jay cutler...

Quote Originally Posted by tadpoleboyy
    They like muscular guys up to a certain extent. Theres a point where you are too big for the average women to find attractive. I dont know many girls who would actually wana get with jay cutler...
    Exactly, the term big has a lot of gray area to it. A recent study suggested that women go for the hunks for short term relationships, but go for average built guys for long term. I think most women are attracted to big guys, big within reason that is. And you are right, it all comes down to finding the most suitable mate to reproduce with.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    My goal is to earn a pro card one day, so I suppose as soon as I had pretty much maxed out at my natural size through use of supplements I knew it was time to go the next level to continue towards that goal.

hagan981 is offline New Member
    They helped me to shred. No matter how hard i try it has always been hard for me to get rid of that layer of fat covering my abs.

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz

yep...

johnmacdan is offline Associate Member
    I did 'em years ago for sports, but now it is vanity. I like to look good and big is good to me.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I did my first cycle when I decided to compete. I wanted to compete NPC and NPC shows are none tested. I thought about it and in order to be on a level playing field with other competitors it was something I had to do. I did my first cycle around 32-33 years of age. My only regret is I didn't start earlier in my late 20s.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i just felt that it was my next step and i was ready

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Girls. I dont want to be huge. There is nothing better when you get a hot girl home. And your all checking her out like holy shit look at body. Then you pull off your shirt and she says "damn"

I agree 99% aren't looking at ronnie and going he's hot. And if your telling girls you want to be a BB that's what they are thinking. that's whats on the magazine covers.

ya i dont see how any girl could be attracted to ronnies body but arnold? i mean come on...

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    when i was in my thirtys, i felt i was losing strengh and endurance at work. so i turned to aas, to keep up with the youngsters.

i wanted to be the incredible hulk, like lou on t.v

K.Biz is offline Banned
    i was a chump in highschool. I still had really goodlooking gf's (how i pulled it off i have no idea lol) and a bunch of friends but i was tooled on here and there, and i always wanted to say somthing back, but i never had anything to back it up with.

I started lifting sophmore year, and graduated from highschool at a horribal 129. after highschool i got serious and gt up to 155 natrually., started cyciling at 160 and now am 172 and growing!.

i also agree with gixxer. when your with that smokin girl and u take your shirt off and she gives you that look, theres nothin better.

So basically for girls and defending myself. My friends say im a little cocky now but, hey i deserve it i work my ass off!

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    When ever i said i wanted to turn pro lots if not all girls are like thats GROSS...but when you get a lot bigger and are the biggest guy in the bar they tend to think a bit different...i have girls come up and ask me to flex my pecs, or if they can touch my arms....the last two weekends i have gone out i have had 4 girls ask if they can get pictures with me....they love it, makes em feel small and protected and they love it....dont believe em if they say they dont...some actually dont they feel it is ugly and intimidating, but for the most part they love it....trust me....

Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    When ever i said i wanted to turn pro lots if not all girls are like thats GROSS...but when you get a lot bigger and are the biggest guy in the bar they tend to think a bit different...i have girls come up and ask me to flex my pecs, or if they can touch my arms....the last two weekends i have gone out i have had 4 girls ask if they can get pictures with me....they love it, makes em feel small and protected and they love it....dont believe em if they say they dont...some actually dont they feel it is ugly and intimidating, but for the most part they love it....trust me....
    Yup, alot of girls don't like to admit (even to themselves) that they like muscley guys because they think it makes them shallow or whatever but they definitely do, so long as the guy still resembles human form, I don't think freakishly big guys like Coleman etc appeal to too many females to be fair.

FYI WEBB - It's not just chicks that wanna rub your big guns!

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yup, alot of girls don't like to admit (even to themselves) that they like muscley guys because they think it makes them shallow or whatever but they definitely do, so long as the guy still resembles human form, I don't think freakishly big guys like Coleman etc appeal to too many females to be fair.

Ya exactly...i find now that i am a lot bigger than say a few years ago the girls are a littlle more touchy feely, but still just aqs interested and way way more forward about, pisses the girlfriend off when we go out....as long as my head doesnt gro to enormous Colemen-esq proportions its all good...

Your such a tease....get over here and rub my big guns you sexy bitch....

Stock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    Me 2...If women can bolt on some tits, get botox, get fat sucked out of their asses, and inject that fat into their lips in the name of vanity, then why cant I bust my ass in the gym and get a little help on the side as well...

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    To make the johnson bigger by shrinking my nuts.

noh, but seriously;

women, money, power, and a brand new lifestyle. Basically, its my Holy Grail

batlin is offline Associate Member
    I was sick of dating fat chicks.. seemed like all the girls i got where chubbys.. and i was pretty scronny.. lifted for 10yrs now, good diet, i just dont have any genetics what so ever.. i got the shit of the gene pool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information