Thread: San Diego

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member

San Diego

Anyone out here? I have been out here since May, just for an internship till August. Gotta go back to school to finish my masters. Though it looks like they are going to hire me when I get done.

Only problem out here is I like to see rain every once in a while, and it never rains out here.

World Gym out here is pretty good, very large, and a few pro bb's from what I gathered.

Being close to the beach is a plus too.

san diego is awesome man, im up in orange county but my bro lives down there so i visit sometimes. haha it never rains, get used to it.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    I go to World Gym. We get clouds by the beach that are called the Grey Mays and the June Gloom. It sucks cause the clouds are literally right over the beach. Walk a block or 2 and it's blue skies. It's caused by the hot desert air meeting the cold pacific. It pissed me off to when I got here but it usually starts going away around now. Don't worry, it's beach weather here till Halloween and even Thanksgiving some times. As for rain, it doesn't here, not till late fall and the winter. And a dizzle here is big thing. Forget about driving when the roads get wet, people drive like idiots.
    Last edited by MotoXracer; 07-20-2007 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoXracer
    I go to World Gym. We get clouds by the beach that are called the Grey Mays and the June Gloom. It sucks cause the clouds are literally right over the beach. Walk a block or 2 and it's blue skies. It's caused by the hot desert air meeting the cold pacific. It pissed me off to when I got here but it usually starts going away around now. Don't worry, it's beach weather here till Halloween and even Thanksgiving some times. As for rain, it doesn't here, not till late fall and the winter. And a dizzle here is big thing. Forget about driving when the roads get wet, people drive like idiots.
    Haha. Yes, I didn't see the sun for a month and a half when I got here.

batlin is offline Associate Member
    I use to live there, LOVE it.. The beach is awesome, and yea the marine layer sucks but it usually burns off around noon or so... once you get to july..
    Wish i could move back!

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in San Diego... El Cajon to be exact... There used to be a really cool non-chain gym I attended but the owner sold it to become some workout sation for young cheerleaders so that sucked... Now I'm stuck with 24 hr =(

u should check out the san diego state gym. i think nonstudents can join too. i hear its pretty nice.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgilligan10
    u should check out the san diego state gym. i think nonstudents can join too. i hear its pretty nice.
    Ditto, heard that as well... Too bad I don't feel like driving 15 minutes to the gym everyday

Well, only here for another 3 weeks, and got it paid through at World Gym. If you see a guy in Auburn University Tennis gear that's me lol.

batlin is offline Associate Member
    RiMac at UCSD is where I use to work out, non students can work out there.. it is / use to be the biggest gym west of the Mississippi at a university...

you should check it out

Thread Information