Thread: Friends & Women

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

Friends & Women

I don't exactly like the term "Bro's before Ho's." But I like the message it has. You know, friends first, cuz you'll always have em', and more then likely you won't always have her. So some stuff has been going on but yesterday was the final straw. My best friend since I was in 8th grade just got this new girl, and she's actually pretty chill. Well yesterday was her birthday and the day before she asked if I'd like to go, and I wasn't sure if I had work or not so I couldn't say yes. So yesterday I get a call at work from my other good friend's gf (who I absolutely hate cuz she's immature and annoying) and she asks if I'm going. I say yeh. She asks if I can get my brother to get beer and I'm like yeh and she asks what time I get off. I get off at the time their going (it's at a rodeo) but the concert doesn't start till 2 hours later and they just wanna go early to drink. So I tell her just to have my buddy pick me up at my house at the time they leave cuz I'll be home in like 4 minutes, literally. She goes okay let me ask him I'll call you back. Well I don't get a call back, I get off work, pull up in my drive way and as I'm pulling up 2 trucks drive by honking at me, and they're my buddies and the girls' and they just keep driving. I'm like wtf? So I call my bro up and ask him if my friend since 8th grade asked for alcohol and he said yeh but he referred him to another friend to get it... I was soo pissed! I mean wtf? I and my family have done so much for this damn guy, he used to practically live with us, he eats our food all the time and he's always around.. Until he meets this chick starts ditching me and then pulls this shit! Wtf? Who can I trust?

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    YUP BULLSHIT!
    I would be ....ed too man..

This has been happening to me also a lot lately..

It used to be bro's before ho's.. and it seemed like guys stuck to it.

I personally dumped a chick right on the spot 2 years ago, cause she pretty much made me choose between guys n girls..

i dont know if that was possible before cause we were younger or what..

I'm 27 now.. and one of my best buddies he's 28 he got a gf.. and he's acting just like that, a complete asshole.. I cant hold a conversation with him anymore.. he always has been on speaker.. and just talks about what he and her are doing.. if i start teasing him or anything.. he just drops it.. so i'm just like FU..

a couple years ago,, another buddy of mine, he was like 32 did the same thing, completely stoppign talking to everyone for 2 years.. now he's single again,, n he's still not hanging out with no one,, i have no idea what he is up to, n really dont care no more..

my best friend.. when we were younger, at like 22 maybe pretty much ditched everyone for a girl too.. they're still together but living like shit, n well shes ugly too..

and i can tell that a lot other of my buddies are willign to just ditch friends for a girl too..

its like the thing to do now, and everyone is copying each and doing it.
    The only thing that is annoying about all this is,... Its starting to be slim pickings when it comes to weekends and going out and having a good time..

its almost like i have to find a date every weekend now, just go go out on the weekend.. No offese to chicks, but most are boring, once in a while ok.. but i'm not going into lovie dovie crap right now, no tnx.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    with me ive only had 1 friend outside my family whos ever been and still is a friend(and hes pulled some crap over the yrs as well).for me its all about my family, they r my best friends bar none.i dont know wat ur sit is with ur family but if u guys r tight then keep it tight cause thats where its at, GL and dont let some dude get to ya(friend or not),everybody gets a little wierd when they think they're gonna get some new pewn

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i guess i missed the fact thats hes been ur best friend since the 8th grade so id effin call him on it man, like i said my best friend has pulled some crap but we've always brought it back together(weve been best friends since 9nth grade, thats 18 yrs now) u guys will work it out i hope, a friend like that comes along once in a lifetime IMO

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    The older you get the more aware you become of who your real friends are,true colors come out in time.I'd give your friend a little space and if and when this girl plays him and he wants to hang out just say sorry bud I'm kicking it with my real friends.But remember girls make men do stupid things sometimes even the most responsible of men can be corrupted by emotions for a female.Further more it sounds like you and your buddies are pretty young and at a young age this kind of behavior is to be expected.

Also when people get married friends arn't as relevent as they once were.I know your boy ain't married to this chick but just giving you the skinny on the reality of things to come when a man and a woman get serious.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by dedic8ed1
    Also when people get married friends arn't as relevent as they once were.I know your boy ain't married to this chick but just giving you the skinny on the reality of things to come when a man and a woman get serious.
    yeah unfortunately this is what happens

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Exactly. Bro before hoes is bs as you get older. You all go your own way and have your own lives. And eventually families

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    cry me a river. you really can't trust friends. you trust your family, and they are your best friends... always will be.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    oh and, through your life your friends will be at different stages... don't hang with guys who are bringing you down. sadly, sometimes you can tell that your friends no longer make you a better person and it would be a mistake to continue that relationship.

Man, I didn't know this shit happened so much, lol... Another thing is that when this guys's girl of 3 years left him, my last gf and I pretty much spent a month with him neglecting our own time together to cheer him up and stuff... We hardly showed any affection towards eachother to cheer him up and when she left me first thing I do is call him up and he's all, "I'm hanging with my gf right now, but tomorrow we'll hang out." Okay, thanks buddy! Ionno, he's a great friend, but when it comes to women he'd leave me in a second to chill with them which is just bullshit... I have "1" friend, maybe 2 (other one moved) that have always stuck by my side, woman or not... This world is going to Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018
    Man, I didn't know this shit happened so much, lol... Another thing is that when this guys's girl of 3 years left him, my last gf and I pretty much spent a month with him neglecting our own time together to cheer him up and stuff... We hardly showed any affection towards eachother to cheer him up and when she left me first thing I do is call him up and he's all, "I'm hanging with my gf right now, but tomorrow we'll hang out." Okay, thanks buddy! Ionno, he's a great friend, but when it comes to women he'd leave me in a second to chill with them which is just bullshit... I have "1" friend, maybe 2 (other one moved) that have always stuck by my side, woman or not... This world is going to Hell!

The world is not going to hell,people just grow up and grow apart.When you get older what's most important is your woman ,your family and your kids.You thinkyour boys who have girlfriends or wives are gonna jump to help you if your homeless or in a jam, helping you in some instances can in reality be hurting you.You must learn to solve your problems on your own and with that you will become a better person.

In this cruel world that we live the most important lessons can not be taught they must be "LIVED"to be learned.

And that my friend is probably the most valuable info I can give you.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Granted no the first month but usually my GF become my best friends. they know everything about you and you spend much more time together.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    unless ur gonna let ur bro fuk u then its hoes before bros till u aint got a hoe no more then its back to bros before hoes again,but as ur a bro u should know this,cmon man let ur bro get his action im sure hell do the same for u

The world is not going to hell,people just grow up and grow apart.When you get older what's most important is your woman ,your family and your kids.You thinkyour boys who have girlfriends or wives are gonna jump to help you if your homeless or in a jam, helping you in some instances can in reality be hurting you.You must learn to solve your problems on your own and with that you will become a better person.

In this cruel world that we live the most important lessons can not be taught they must be "LIVED"to be learned.

And that my friend is probably the most valuable info I can give you.
    I understand, but I mean, my buddies and I are 19! 19! We aren't ready to settle down... (They've actually both proposed to a woman, 1 after like a month of dating her, and another who wasnt even dating the girl) and they've both come out with nothing... and they don't learn! I understand as you get older you find a woman and talk and less with friends, but shit, 19? This shouldn't happen for another 7 years at least! lol

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    yea man .. 19 to early for that non sense... but ... life has a funny way of throwing things at you tht you are not ready for..

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    Quote Originally Posted by pewntang
    yea man .. 19 to early for that non sense... but ... life has a funny way of throwing things at you tht you are not ready for..
    so true...f these women, just spend all your money on gear, and get big!...lol

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    doesnt sound like a very good friend too me...if anyone, ever pulled that shit on me, i wouldnt hang out with them, period. drives by honking at you and shit? they might as well of swirved into a puddle to try and soak you with it. what kind of best friend is that? all i ask from a friend i trust is loyalty..if hes gonna **** you over for some bitch whos gonna come and go he doesnt sound like much of a 'best friend' at all...ive known plenty of guys like that, and it doesnt matter how long ive known them, they were never good friends of mine for that very reason.

Thread Information