kimiboy is offline New Member

Where to find gyms...for REAL men?

Hi all!

Okay so heres the deal...

I just moved up Seattle from Texas about a month ago and I'm having trouble finding a gym that is well...simply put...dirty filthy rusted by normal standards. In our terms a hardcore gym. I've found plenty of tie a sweater around your neck, bring the kids lets get a facial kind of gyms...but cant seem to find REAL gyms.

I used to train at a powerhouse back in Texas, now that I'm up here I need to find something similar...

Does anyone know how I can find these gyms? Maybe online? A hardcore gym locator or something? Word of mouth?

All help is appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    hardcore gym locator lol thats helarious, but i know what you mean man, ymca sucks but i live with it!

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    metroflex!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in texas...lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    One word, Ballys !

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am moving soon and I am in the same situation. What I did was looked online first for good gyms but a lot of gyms websites dont tell the real story so I went over to where I'm moving and went to some supplement shops and asked if they could give me some recommendations. I found 2 decent gyms, ones a ymca (I like it only because it's RIGHT next door to my place) and another big sportsplex gym about 5 minutes away.

Go to some supplement shops and athletic stores and see what the most popular recommendation is.

jman98z24 is offline Junior Member
    Go to the Muscular Development (MD) forums. They have a hardcore gym registry of people across the country pointing out where hardcore gyms are located. Here is the link if it shows up

Edited. Do not post links to other bodybuilding sites.

Take out the spaces in the link.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimiboy
    Hi all!

Okay so heres the deal...

I just moved up Seattle from Texas about a month ago and I'm having trouble finding a gym that is well...simply put...dirty filthy rusted by normal standards. In our terms a hardcore gym. I've found plenty of tie a sweater around your neck, bring the kids lets get a facial kind of gyms...but cant seem to find REAL gyms.

I used to train at a powerhouse back in Texas, now that I'm up here I need to find something similar...

Does anyone know how I can find these gyms? Maybe online? A hardcore gym locator or something? Word of mouth?

All help is appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Ask these guys, I'm sure they would love you at their gym

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh mine is a country club the genral manager told me I was scaring people wile i was going heavy. I told him this is not a library,and most of these people have not been to a REAL gym.

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54

Ask these guys, I'm sure they would love you at their gym

kimiboy is offline New Member
    Thanks for the tips guys!! I will look into right now...

Seems as though good gyms are harder to find up here! I will check the link out and ask some supp. shops. I just cant really train right in a gym where soccer moms come to walk on their treadmills and the childs ball pit is to the right of the bench! arhhhh!!!!

Thanks again all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kimiboy
    Thanks for the tips guys!! I will look into right now...

Seems as though good gyms are harder to find up here! I will check the link out and ask some supp. shops. I just cant really train right in a gym where soccer moms come to walk on their treadmills and the childs ball pit is to the right of the bench! arhhhh!!!!

Thanks again all!!!!
    I hear ya, I went to train at this gym when I was dating this one chick where she worked out at and I swear I felt like I was at the mall. Nothing but soccer mom's with their kids running rampant and to top things off the guy's working out were staring at me like I was a freak or something. F*%k those poser gym's!

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Raider
    I hear ya, I went to train at this gym when I was dating this one chick where she worked out at and I swear I felt like I was at the mall. Nothing but soccer mom's with their kids running rampant and to top things off the guy's working out were staring at me like I was a freak or something. F*%k those poser gym's!
    Most gyms these days suck... I went to check out an LA Fitness awhile back and I was shocked! 70% of the gym floor space was covered in cardio equipment, 20% were machines, and this tiny little room in the back which made up about 10% was the free weight room... It was just ridiculous, needless to say, I never went back

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    they just opened a healthclub up in my hometown shopping center, i checked it out, half the gym is a treadmill room with TVs, the other 40% is a bunch of ab machines and like leg extensions, then you got one bench press, a smith machine, and a dumbbell rack that goes up to 100... disgrace

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    i forgot to mention that all the members are moms and high school girls that sit there doin ab crunches all day hopin it burns away from their partyin alcohol consumption

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Edited.

they have a section to find gyms

WAR79 is offline Junior Member
    thnx for the link Doc! Chatsworth might be close enough.

A buddy of mine were talking about our gyms where we train at on Saturday. He was telling me about the gym that he trains at he said it is basically has about two or three treadmills with about 14 benches and the rest is all free weights. Plus it is 130 degrees inside and smells like nothing but sweat, and the best part it is $20 a month and $1 for non-members to work out for one day.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwaytbaby
    metroflex!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in texas...lol
    yea mutha****a......metroflex is badass had the pleasure of training there for a couple weeks this summer and i've deemed it a necessary yearly pilgrimage to go back

LIGHT WEIGHT BABY

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Raider
    A buddy of mine were talking about our gyms where we train at on Saturday. He was telling me about the gym that he trains at he said it is basically has about two or three treadmills with about 14 benches and the rest is all free weights. Plus it is 130 degrees inside and smells like nothing but sweat, and the best part it is $20 a month and $1 for non-members to work out for one day.
    cool where's it at

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    cool where's it at
    It's in Elgin, Illinois.

Thread Information