Deja is offline New Member

i got dumped because gynecomastia.. have endo/surgery lined up

I've had gynecomastia since puberty and have decided to get it removed (mild at best). My surgeon mandated that I get blood work done, specifically an endocrinologist (prior to surgery). I have been a chronic smoker for the past year or so (.............. included). It is to my understanding this behavior will skew my blood work.

I have quit smoking both (about a week out). I'm scheduled for my blood work in about ten days in order to clear any underlying causes related to this condition, but afraid that I may be red flagged (essentially quitting smoking for 2 weeks altogether after smoking heavily for about a year).

I have been preforming cardio daily since (med intensity @ 50 min upon wakeup) in means to flush my system, accompanied with a cleaner diet (more greens, fluids, etc).

How long does it typically take for the body to recover i.e. hormones, test/estrogen levels. I must admit a loss in libido.

any thoughts/input/recommendation would be really appreciated.

thanks in advance.

PS: my ex girlfriend was shallow as hell and glad its over. i'm under a time constraint as school is starting soon and would like to have it done before it starts (can start healing, etc) and be ready for a nice bulk this winter.
    Last edited by Booz; 07-30-2007 at 05:40 PM.

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja
    I've had gynecomastia since puberty and have decided to get it removed (mild at best). My surgeon mandated that I get blood work done, specifically an endocrinologist (prior to surgery). I have been a chronic smoker for the past year or so (...................a included). It is to my understanding this behavior will skew my blood work.

I have quit smoking both (about a week out). I'm scheduled for my blood work in about ten days in order to clear any underlying causes related to this condition, but afraid that I may be red flagged (essentially quitting smoking for 2 weeks altogether after smoking heavily for about a year).

I have been preforming cardio daily since (med intensity @ 50 min upon wakeup) in means to flush my system, accompanied with a cleaner diet (more greens, fluids, etc).

How long does it typically take for the body to recover i.e. hormones, test/estrogen levels. I must admit a loss in libido.

thanks in advance.

PS: my ex girlfriend was shallow as hell and glad its over. i'm under a time constraint as school is starting soon and would like to have it done before it starts (can start healing, etc) and be ready for a nice bulk this winter.
    your blood work should be ok, just totally stop smoking prior to surgery, i have a large hunch that the majority of your gyno could be caused by your pot smoking.how long and how much have you done it?how old are you now?
    Last edited by Booz; 07-30-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Hey you have posted this twice both times in the wrong fourm. It will be moved to lounge ... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deja
    I've had gynecomastia since puberty and have decided to get it removed (mild at best). My surgeon mandated that I get blood work done, specifically an endocrinologist (prior to surgery). I have been a chronic smoker for the past year or so (.................... included). It is to my understanding this behavior will skew my blood work.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by Booz; 07-30-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    moved

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    You should be fine, I mean, it all depends on how your body reacts on when you recover. The younger you are, naturally, you're going to recover faster. But it seems like you've done all you can! And good job on dumping her, we don't need women like that!

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    no it says he got dumped, sorry bro her loss

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    yes, some are contradictory, but the majority of them indicate that the effects on test and est levels are negligible. THe fact that many are contradictory also shows that there is no major effect otherwise they would all be consistant unless the experiments were extremely flawed. I have also seen some that show that GH levels actually are increased. I can provide links to them if you are curious. Hell id make a whole thread but rec talk is not allowed so itd be gone

thanks for the responses so far guys. ive read a few stories that estrogen levels were through the rough and consistent with most people that smoked MJ, which were then told to cut drinking/MJ off for a two week period and re-take the tests. after that was done, supposedly the tests came back fine.

would I be doing more harm then good by doing cardio? my blood work is scheduled for thursday.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tadpoleboyy
    yes, some are contradictory, but the majority of them indicate that the effects on test and est levels are negligible. THe fact that many are contradictory also shows that there is no major effect otherwise they would all be consistant unless the experiments were extremely flawed. I have also seen some that show that GH levels actually are increased. I can provide links to them if you are curious. Hell id make a whole thread but rec talk is not allowed so itd be gone

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    if this is true then smoking marijuana on a cycle will more then likely prone you to gyno? does smoking marijuana effect your gains off cycle? or have any harm to growth? because i know i smoke a blunt now and then to alleviate some stress...

EDIT sorry for hijack i will make my own thread

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    what is the price tag on that surgery these days?

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    I think C Bino is pretty knowledgeable on this subject.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    $3000-5000. Lucky me though, I only paid like 800, and insurance covered the rest.

Anywhere from $2400-7000 depending the surgeon and case. I'm going with Dr. Bermant (plasticsurgery4u.com) and seems to have a solid background. I'm flying out tommorow (the 2nd) to DC to get some blood work done (endo, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust

Thread Information