Thread: Wisdom Teeth

Coop77 is offline Senior Member

Wisdom Teeth

So I'm sitting here typing this with one hand, the other holding a bag of frozen Southwest Blend corn & black beans up to my face. Had all 4 teeth ripped out of my head about 7 hours ago. My mouth is a bloody mess and packed with gauze, but I haven't felt much pain yet. Maybe it's coming 'cause my face is still a little numb.

They put me completely under for the procedure. That was kind of cool. After the IV was put in my arm I remember feeling light headed, and the next thing I knew I woke up on a cot in another room an hour and half later. No memory whatsoever of the procedure or going from the chair to the cot.

Going to be eating a lot of sugar-free pudding with protein powder mixed in.. So anyway, if anyone wants to share, I'd like to hear other people's wisdom tooth removal and recovery experiences.
    Last edited by Coop77; 08-10-2007 at 06:02 PM.

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    did the same thing...IV sedation..all four were cut out.
    sure did like the vicoden (too much)

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya, I had all 4 of mine cut out on the same day. No biggie, really. Three days of pain pills, changed out lots of gauze.
    It'll heal up pretty quick and you'll be back to gnawing on steaks in no time.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    had all 4 out same day and went to 6 flags the next day. My doctor was awesome

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    i had two out; stayed awake the whole time - wish i didn't though - lol..

went back to work the same day.... miserable that night.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    I told the surgeon to do all four @ the same day since I will never come back for the other two.
    My case was severe where they had to cut my gums in order to pull those bad boys out. I was under a lot of NOS and awake.

Source of food = cottage cheese

cold1 is offline Junior Member
    I had all 4 out, put me under for the surgery, had to cut my gums to get three out of four. I had my gf take me home, I insisted on going to the grocery store before we went back to my house. Finally get home crash on the sofa for 4 hours. Wake up feeling alright just sore, and don't remember a thing. I spent $80 at the store buying crap, my gf said she couldn't stop lau***ng as I stumbled through the isles buying ice cream, pizza, hot pockets, bbq wings, just every piece of junk you could think of. The recovery was better than I thought I was eating normal in a week. My dentist packed my gums with bags of tea to help clotting. It seemed to work. Good luck.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Had 2 taken out, went back about 3 months later for the other 2, mine were impacted and had to be cut out,was not put to sleep but should have been, that way i would have missed him yanking my head and hearing my teeth crack into peices.

Thread Information