Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The U.S. Navy.

ImACrazyJewDaddy is offline Associate Member

The U.S. Navy.

Hey guys and gals..I ship on Sept. 26th and I just wanted to ask those who are currently enlisted one question.

Is the U.S. Navy bootcamp a joke? And when I say thisI mean in comparison
    to any other branch, besides the marines.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Probably hard to answer, since nobody has gone through two. None of them are gonna be a joke, its gonna suck balls no matter what service you choose.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    hats off and good luck to you bro. go there in cardio shape with a good attitude and you will be fine.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    gl man

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    like Jdawg said, not too many people have been through both so it would be hard to compare the two. From what I've heard... Marine Corps boot camp is the hardest both mentally and physically, then the Army's, then the Navy's...then the Air Force

That's just based on what I've heard from people. I went through Navy boot camp back in 1999 and I wouldn't say it was the hardest thing in the world. I wasn't really in great physical shape but you have to be able to run a little. I think thier minimum run time for 18 - 24yo is around a 13minute 1.5mile. They play some mind games and it's a lot of classroom learning also. You have to learn damage control, navy customs, ship life, first aid....etc. Also a lot uniform inspections.

Thnks. I just want to get out on my own! My run time as of now is 11 minutes and a couple secounds..in pants and boots. Im not worrid about not making it through..Im worried about not being able to make it through seals.

Quote Originally Posted by ImACrazyJewDaddy
    Thnks. I just want to get out on my own! My run time as of now is 11 minutes and a couple secounds..in pants and boots. Im not worrid about not making it through..Im worried about not being able to make it through seals.
    If you are running 11 and change you have a lot of work to do for seals.

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizz28
    like Jdawg said, not too many people have been through both so it would be hard to compare the two. From what I've heard... Marine Corps boot camp is the hardest both mentally and physically, then the Army's, then the Navy's...then the Air Force

That's just based on what I've heard from people. I went through Navy boot camp back in 1999 and I wouldn't say it was the hardest thing in the world. I wasn't really in great physical shape but you have to be able to run a little. I think thier minimum run time for 18 - 24yo is around a 13minute 1.5mile. They play some mind games and it's a lot of classroom learning also. You have to learn damage control, navy customs, ship life, first aid....etc. Also a lot uniform inspections.
    dont forget about the coast guard supposed to be just behind the marines in terms of difficulty

my best advice for you is to be invisable dont stand out bc then there will be more pressure on you

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan86
    my best advice for you is to be invisable dont stand out bc then there will be more pressure on you
    Hows the training going?

Serotonin is offline Member
    I went through Navy boot in August-Nov 2000. Supposedly lots of changes happened since then in regards to recruit rest but for me I averaged 4-6 hours a night and it always leaned more towards the 4. Our lights out was 2200-0400 so the max you EVER got was 6. I was one of the unlucky fcks that was on "ship staff" meaning I was one of the people who had to stand watch for the entire barracks on the bridge and fantail. (they name the buildings retardedly... like its an actual fking ship)

So most nights I would stand a 2 hour watch in the middle of the god damned night staring off into space and using every ounce of willpower to keep myself from falling asleep. You get no coffee or anything like that so its all natural. AND if you get busted sleeping they'll send you back in training, guaranteed.

Needless to say, I got very very sick from all the vaccinations and lack of rest but the physical part of bootcamp is a joke. The slightest preparation will get you squared away. You'll laugh at how many out of shape people are there. There will be more stupid people in that place than you'll probably ever see in your entire life too. The best are the people that speak practically nothing but Spanish.

It goes by fast and the final even, battle stations, was a 13 evolution program that lasted an entire night. So you're up all day, you in get bed for like a half hour or hour and they come waking you up and you have to get in battle dress, and you run as a division to each evolution. Then you have to stay up the entire next day also, so by then you've gone almost 48 hours doing tons of physical stuff and getting no rest. Probably not as bad as the crucible but its a neat experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    Hows the training going?
    tore my lebrum during training and got discharged and now im considered a disabled veteran

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I was in the Army for a few years (88M) got out, went into the navy a few years later. It has been 13 years now and I am still going. Navy BC was all mental, get you used to paying attention to detail, reading documents closely, of course there is some PT, yelling etc etc..it isnt the air force after all!
    Physically, it doesnt compare to Army/MC of course..that is apples and oranges. Most Naval rates are technical or engineering much different than digging a foxhole, doing land navigation. Just pay attentiob and you wil be fine.
    AC

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    If you are running 11 and change you have a lot of work to do for seals.
    I agree, you better keep running, swimming, push-ups, dips, pull-ups, etc...

tore my lebrum during training and got discharged and now im considered a disabled veteran
    That fast? Shit you only left 3 months ago......

Second2None is offline Banned
    dont forget about the coast guard supposed to be just behind the marines in terms of difficulty
    are you kidding?

seals are to over rated about being such badasses there missions are usuallly undetected, become a ARMY RANGER your mission is destruction 12-15 guys full-auto M249s with 3 200rd boxs dropped in the middle of hell til no more resistance by all means, " Rangers Lead The Way "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Second2None
    seals are to over rated about being such badasses there missions are usuallly undetected, become a ARMY RANGER your mission is destruction 12-15 guys full-auto M249s with 3 200rd boxs dropped in the middle of hell til no more resistance by all means, " Rangers Lead The Way "
    Wrong Wrong Wrong, The SEALs main mission is DA (Direct Action). Yes I agree the rangers see alot of shit too.

training is going good. TYPO: my run time isnt 11 minutes lol. For 1 mile its 7 flat, in combat outfit. This is the only thing Ive been trying to improve the most because I used to smoke and thought I had asthma, but i dont think its too bad of a time.
    Seals are overrated? LOL Now I dont know how long ranger school is, or what they do when trying to become one..But im pretty comfident its not as rigorous as seals training. Not saying Rangers are pussies or anything...

Serotonin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Second2None

Their missions are normally ALL classified. So it isn't like any of the public would know what they do anyways... similar to Delta stuff.

When you hear someone bragging that they are a seal then they most likely aren't. They aren't supposed to tell people they are because of the security

Impersonating a SEAL is like impersonating an officer...you go to jail

Blog Entries
    When you hear someone bragging that they are a seal then they most likely aren't. They aren't supposed to tell people they are because of the security

Impersonating a SEAL is like impersonating an officer...you go to jail
    No it is not illegal to say you are a SEAL. You will not get prosecuted in court (civilian). They only way you can go to jail is if you are on active duty and you are wearing a uniform then you can get court martial. I run into fakes ALL the time, gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by rana173
    They only way you can go to jail is if you are on active duty and you are wearing a uniform then you can get court martial. I run into fakes ALL the time, gets old.
    You don't have to be on active duty...if you wear the uniform of an officer or uniform with the trident on it...you can be prosecuted

Blog Entries
    You don't have to be on active duty...if you wear the uniform of an officer or uniform with the trident on it...you can be prosecuted
    By who?

By who?
    By none other than the civillian courts. Civillian courts can prosecute an active duty member also

Blog Entries
    By none other than the civillian courts. Civillian courts can prosecute an active duty member also
    What statue? I have Never ever heard of this

What statue? I have Never ever heard of this
    Hav eyou heard of the SOFA agreement with us and japan?? If a military member goes out in town in japan and gets in trouble (ie rape murder) they will be held by the Japanese to be prosecuted by them

if a service member gets a DUI out in town the courts can prosecute them and send them to civillain jail!! it's happened many times

Blog Entries
    Hav eyou heard of the SOFA agreement with us and japan?? If a military member goes out in town in japan and gets in trouble (ie rape murder) they will be held by the Japanese to be prosecuted by them
    What does SOFA have to do with some damn ass wearing a unauthorized uniform. No state or federal prosecuter will ever prosecute for this, plus there is no statue for wearing a uniform.
    If they made a fictious DD-214 a put they are a SEAL or/and Officer they could get fired and if its for the government they could be prosecuted on other charges.

Impersonating an Officer whether it is a Police officer or a Senate Commissioned military officer is breaking the law and jailtime ensues

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Usually that's an easy surgery, and a quick recovery. Crazy they wouldn't just fix it for you, I bet you get a check every month for life instead.

Blog Entries
    Impersonating an Officer whether it is a Police officer or a Senate Commissioned military officer is breaking the law and jailtime ensues
    I am not trying to be an a$$ about this but I have been in law enforement for the last 9 years and have came across this a few times and there is nothing we can do about it. Trust me if there was something I could do I would.

the SOFA thing was just as an example that a US Military member can be prosecuted by civillian authorities

I guess it's confirmed....we don't live in a perfect world then....

Blog Entries
    if a service member gets a DUI out in town the courts can prosecute them and send them to civillain jail!! it's happened many times
    Of course I know about that, but the has nothing to do with wearing a uniform if they are not on active duty.

Blog Entries
    the SOFA thing was just as an example that a US Military member can be prosecuted by civillian authorities
    Yes you are right, but usually with military courts you get MORE time

Of course I know about that, but the has nothing to do with wearing a uniform if they are not on active duty.

it was just another example that civillian courts have jurisdiction over service members

Yes you are right, but usually with military courts you get MORE time

Sometimes....sometimes it's the opposite

They acually factor in mitigating defenses with military court

it was just another example that civillian courts have jurisdiction over service members
    Yeah, depending where the offense occurs of course they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin
    Their missions are normally ALL classified. So it isn't like any of the public would know what they do anyways... similar to Delta stuff.
    delta " green beria " is the highest youre gonna get "ARMY"those are the mother f-ckers that are at war when there is no war. seals are for intel and beach raids and to pick our ass up , if you have served you will understand on how over rated the seals "to the public are" and if you are not active nomore you can stat your rank and MOS allday long
    Last edited by Second2None; 09-04-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information