Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stabone is offline Banned

Why I can't get a job...

I wonder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why I can't get a job...-unknown-1.jpg   Why I can't get a job...-unknown-2.jpg   Why I can't get a job...-unknown-3.jpg   Why I can't get a job...-unknown-4.jpg   Why I can't get a job...-unknown-5.jpg  

and more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why I can't get a job...-unknown-6.jpg   Why I can't get a job...-unknown-7.jpg   Why I can't get a job...-unknown.jpg  

Decafan320 is offline New Member
    ****ing freaks

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure they're all alcoholics too.. or wish to be

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    I have piercings and I have a job. Just because someone likes to do something beyond societal norms doesnt mean they're freaks/alcoholics/drug addicts. Dont judge before you know someone, they might be smarter/better/more successful than you.

thats the nature of things though. I'd say have a little respect for what people do with their bodies that make them happy.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic
    I have piercings and I have a job. Just because someone likes to do something beyond societal norms doesnt mean they're freaks/alcoholics/drug addicts. Dont judge before you know someone, they might be smarter/better/more successful than you.

thats the nature of things though. I'd say have a little respect for what people do with their bodies that make them happy.
    freak

Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBigger
    freak

Juicy J is offline Associate Member
    ^^^

Yeah you go into any respectable blue collar business and see how many people take you serious with those kind of piercings and tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Decafan320
    Yeah you go into any respectable blue collar business and see how many people take you serious with those kind of piercings and tattoos
    The first picture guy, has LINUX, and learning JAVA books behind him, so we know what he is all about. INTERNET PERVERT.. prolly is the guy sending those modeling letters to the other poster LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Decafan320
    I dont know how many roid abusing bodybuilders i would take seriously in a blue collar business as well. If you want to start making points about appearance that is. If you knew anything about the culture of body modification you might have a little tolerance about it, instead of coming off as ignorant an misinformed. I can hide all my piercings, I never get looked down for anything I have on my face, and if i had tattoos i wouldnt want to be around anyone that thought they were better than me because they didnt respect my decisions to do what i please with my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks
    The first picture guy, has LINUX, and learning JAVA books behind him, so we know what he is all about. INTERNET PERVERT.. prolly is the guy sending those modeling letters to the other poster LOL
    Yeah, and hes probably a programmer for some kind of large scale corporation, making good money and a good living.

Ignorance.

buffgator is offline king of mass

Look at the statistics, the more outlandish people are, the more likely they are to be one of those things. I work at a correctional facility, and see people like these all the time, but its not as often that I see clean cut people. The statistics for the correctional facilities show that people with tatoos are 75% more likely to commit a crime than those without. Now this is not to say that everyone with a tatoos is a criminal though, just more likely to be one.

So are steroid users 75% more likely to commit a violent crime? If you want to throw out stereotypes. For all those people you see that commit crimes where you associate tattoos or piercings with violence, there are millions that are normal. You cant stereotype someone according to how they look.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator
    Look at the statistics, the more outlandish people are, the more likely they are to be one of those things. I work at a correctional facility, and see people like these all the time, but its not as often that I see clean cut people. The statistics for the correctional facilities show that people with tatoos are 75% more likely to commit a crime than those without. Now this is not to say that everyone with a tatoos is a criminal though, just more likely to be one.
    Oh crap im 75% likely to commit a crime?? AWW SSHHIEETT baby time to go knock some teeth in lol ^_^

How many people you see in the business world that look like these guys? Not many. Most of them are busy making sandwiches at Jimmy John's or delivering pizzas. It is not the social norm although it may be acceptable in certain social groups. It isn't body modification, it is starving for attention. It looks like sh!t and I think most people would agree. I wouldn't hire you for sh!t.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    daddy issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Stabone
    How many people you see in the business world that look like these guys? Not many. Most of them are busy making sandwiches at Jimmy John's or delivering pizzas. It is not the social norm although it may be acceptable in certain social groups. It isn't body modification, it is starving for attention. It looks like sh!t and I think most people would agree. I wouldn't hire you for sh!t.
    Arent we starving for attention bodybuilding and pushing ourselves with steroid use and the image of perfection? A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK BODYBUILDERS LOOK LIKE SHIT. So dont go and shoot your mouth off about what people think looks good, because I've had more than my fair share of compliments on my piercings. Sorry that you're jealous.

And with your attitude i wouldnt work for you for SHIT

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    gey.

Second2None is offline Banned
    Halloween is once a year

I dont know how many roid abusing bodybuilders i would take seriously in a blue collar business as well. If you want to start making points about appearance that is. If you knew anything about the culture of body modification you might have a little tolerance about it, instead of coming off as ignorant an misinformed. I can hide all my piercings, I never get looked down for anything I have on my face, and if i had tattoos i wouldnt want to be around anyone that thought they were better than me because they didnt respect my decisions to do what i please with my body.

Yeah, and hes probably a programmer for some kind of large scale corporation, making good money and a good living.

Ignorance.

LOL.. I think we got under his skin MISSION COMPLETE!
    , Keep fighting the good fight! ;-)

LOL in that first pic, that nose ring covers his mouth, how can u eat with that?? l
    Last edited by Pooks; 09-02-2007 at 08:39 PM.

It's a proven factor that well built, clean shaven tall men get more respect in the business world, theres not even a debate there

Yeah my rant is over guys, you can only say so much to deaf ears

There's also a difference between maybe have a few tattoo's and looking like a freak like those guys do

Second2None is offline Banned
    Imo they do that so when they go to the beach the ladies dont laugh when they let that bird out of its cage LOL

I think that it is ok, and sometimes necessary to judge and stereotype people. We do it in the corporate world when choosing who to hire. We do it in our personal lives while looking for a mate. It is a skill that is necessary to have to know what people to keep out of our lives before they bring us down, and what people to let into our lives because they will bring us up. When you look at a scandilas dressed girl do you think slut? How about a man in boots and a cowboy hat, do you think hick? How about the guy at the gym that is just a monster, do you think surely he must use steroids ? While these are not always the case, the majority of the time they are. So why not stereotype people? If 8 out of 10 guys that are dressed like cowboys are cowboys then would it not be a safe to see someone dressed like a cowboy and think to yourself, theres a cowboy. How many men in the business world are covered in tats? Few. How many convicts in the prison system are covered in tats? Most. So i am sorry to anyone that does not want me to stereotype them, but on the other hand if you dont want to be stereotyped than dont dress the part.

Getting philosphical now... ooooooo

ok..

a big reason people sometime stereotype, I think because it is "funny"

what people find funny (this is not me saying this is it is the first chapter in a book on humor; I read only one chapter off ) <--- no self de-preciation is not funny.. cause u're makin fun of yourself, u look stupid haha..

ok that aside..

funny is the opposite of that actually.. it is to feel SUPERIOR..

If we are from the same city, and we make fun of people from another city or a team from another city that if done with style and skill can be very funny.
    Cause we feel superior, and it makes it easy to laugh at. The attention is on them..

alrite..
    now yes.. we all know at some point we cross the line, with this and insult people, and are racist and are discrimantory and such and such..
    so it all has to be done in good taste, with a sense of humor and confidently.. and of course you can not really completely 100% believe it.
    Cause u know it really is not true.. Of course no HATE.. HATE is not funny,,anyone who hates anyone else for any reason, really needs to re-exam their life.
    ok I'm blabberin
    To all the people with piercings out there! I got all the respect for them really, that does that serious guts! if i was covered in piercings like that, I'd feel like someone out of a star trek convention , and I do not think I'd be capable of making myself go out in public! so more power to them for pulling it off.
    Last edited by Pooks; 09-02-2007 at 09:21 PM.

There are a million different categorize to stereotype people into. Unfortunetly we did not always have the time to get to know people, so we have to use what history and past experience has shown us to make a quick decision about the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabone
    I can agree with stereotyping to an extent, but comments like this above are bs. Its slander, its rude and its ignorant. Hate mongering is bullshit and i wouldnt take that from anyone.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I think some people might be mixing up successful people who have a few piercings with people who must sacrifice thier entire natural appearance to make a STATEMENT.

I obviously don't believe you can tell someones job by the way they look, but it doesn't take a genious to make certain generalizations when you're dealing with the seldom few who decorate thier faces like Christmas trees. The ones I have met that go that extra length like the guys in the pics were lets see:

One was 29 working at petsmart and had no education at all. Was arrogant, self-centered, and prefered hanging out with other people who looked like him regardless of how well they really mixed together.

Another was like 35, gave tatoos for a living, again no real formal education. Was more judgmental of people than normal looking people. Had multiple arrests on his record, but more than ANYTHING and I swear to go on this. His wife is the only girl I've met to this day who had a noticeable facial hair to the point where she had a beard under her chin. Everytime I saw her I vomited in my mouth a little bit.

Another guy who had no job, DID have an associates degree. DID NOT and HAS not used it till this day. Plays in a band. Completely thinks he will make it big one day and be famous (its just not happening). Hes not a bad guy but his priorities are totally screwed up. The list goes on..

Whats the common denominator? TONS of peircings and tatoos. They all have the same "I wanna look like an x-mas tree" gene in their pool.

Sadly enough the same pool that truley educated and succesful people don't swim in.

So fvck stereotyping. EVERYONE does it. Some more than others, & if you do a little bit you can't say shit about anyone who does it a lot. Its the same boat.

These people knew they would be heckled thier entire lives for looking like that. If they don't care than why should we?

You can dress however the hell you want but let me sew my fvcking throat with thread, stick my face with pieces of metal that prevent me from eating food like I was born to... than expect people to treat me fair?

Fvck THAT. Life's not fair. But they chose to look the way the do, so I will choose to crack as many jokes as I possibly can about them.

These guys may not be losers, about 2% of people who look like that probably

I just find it pretty amusing how judgemental and arrogant people can be, sure stereotyping exists, but what right does anyone have to judge someone on how they lead their lives. Same goes with homosexuals or anyone that does something beyond societal norms. Bottom line is we are all human beings and we all deserve to be treated fairly and with respect. If you dont have anything good to say about someone, keep it to yourself, otherwise you're just supporting the hate machine, and people like that are worse than the people that are making a statement with themselves

I just find it pretty amusing how judgemental and arrogant people can be, sure stereotyping exists, but what right does anyone have to judge someone on how they lead their lives. Same goes with homosexuals or anyone that does something beyond societal norms. Bottom line is we are all human beings and we all deserve to be treated fairly and with respect. If you dont have anything good to say about someone, keep it to yourself, otherwise you're just supporting the hate machine, and people like that are worse than the people that are making a statement with themselves

BECAUSE, people *choose* to look like that.

You DON'T choose to be black or white, gay or straight, or what car you drive.
    You DO choose to look like someone who will get bashed by 90% if society for going to such an extreme extent to be *different from other people.
    You think they want to look that way to fit in?

And some people MIGHT believe that you don't pass any judgements about anyone (which is the biggest crock of BS if you are a human being). But ALL humans align with people who are somewhat simliar to themselves. That doesn't mean you prob don't have a friend or brother that looks like them, but it means you won't find these guys on a classy golf course talking about Tiger Woods last tournament.

The role you're playing is noble & rightous. But if you can't acknowledge its as natural as breathing for humans to discriminate. That your problem.

Do you like every single flavor of ice cream?
    The same way you have a certain taste for food people have a certain taste for other people. I'm not going to stop myself from saying I don't like vanilla, so why should I stop myself from saying these people look like freaks?
    I shouldn't, and I'm NOT.

I'm sure their all not reincarnated relatives of Charles Manson, but they DO fit into a certain group. I live in America. I have freedom of speech. I WILL exercise that freedom whenver the hell I want.
    If you dont like it, move to another country, if not already there. Thats a CHOICE you have in life.

edit: you're from Canada, you might not want to vacate to the US anytime soon.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    What right do we not have to judge people? It is like saying you can't kill people. Sure I can kill people I just shouldn't. Sure I can judge people I just shouldn't. I will judge anyone when I see fit however I see fit. The fact that you are calling others amusing and calling them arrogant is judging them as well. Who are you to call others arrogant? Just because you don't like the way someone acts because you feel it wrong doesn't make you right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    I live in America. I have freedom of speech. I WILL exercise that freedom whenver the hell I want.
    If you dont like it, move to another country, if not already there. Thats a CHOICE you have in life.
    Yeah, I live in Canada, and we're a much more tolerant set of people. I'm not bashing the whole freedom of choice, i have my piercings, and i get nothing but positives from it, from nearly EVERYONE. Tastefulness is in the eye of the beholder. I think i look pretty fvcking good and Im happy with the response i get from my mods.

Hate it or not, hell, do whatever you want, judge how you want, it doesnt bother me. I just think people need to be a little more tolerant of things nowadays. Just because you want to spew out slander doesnt mean you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    What right do we not have to judge people? It is like saying you can't kill people. Sure I can kill people I just shouldn't. Sure I can judge people I just shouldn't. I will judge anyone when I see fit however I see fit. The fact that you are calling others amusing and calling them arrogant is judging them as well. Who are you to call others arrogant? Just because you don't like the way someone acts because you feel it wrong doesn't make you right.
    OMFG someone give this guy the nobel prize, I'm serious.

That was the note I initially was gonna hit on but 4got. He's openly judging all of us but saying WE can't judge anyone?

umm... okkkk, sure thing bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    I didnt say im right about anything, im just suprised how negative everyone can be over something as simple as body piercings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    That was the note I initially was gonna hit on but 4got. He's openly judging all of us but saying WE can't judge anyone?
    And when did i judge you? I didnt, so dont bother pulling that card. I dont mean to stir up the hate pot with everyone, im just suprised by the reaction this thread has gotten

Yeah, I live in Canada, and we're a much more tolerant set of people. I'm not bashing the whole freedom of choice, i have my piercings, and i get nothing but positives from it, from nearly EVERYONE. Tastefulness is in the eye of the beholder. I think i look pretty fvcking good and Im happy with the response i get from my mods.

Hate it or not, hell, do whatever you want, judge how you want, it doesnt bother me. I just think people need to be a little more tolerant of things nowadays. Just because you want to spew out slander doesnt mean you should.
    Thank you for not being bothered now. I'm not saying Canada's right or US is wrong. I dont judge people on things they have no control over. And you CAN have a few peircings and be completely accepted into society.
    Just like you can do a lot of things in moderation.

But when you take things to a certain extent call me evil or w/e but you deserve to be slandered.
    How tolerant should we really be before everyone decides they can tie 50 metal hulahoops in thier face? I just draw the line where *I* see fit.

I don't hate these people, but I will draw a line for them because I fear for thier own safety. I mean what if they decided it was cool to put screws through thier skulls and hand hats from it?
    I couldn't help think that if only I made fun of them they would'nt have brain damage now. So I do what I feels neccassary.

Well im glad we agree about moderation then. I'll leave it at that. Obviously i agree with the fact that people choose to bring something like this down on themselves, i like my moderation, i have it, and im well accepted anywhere i go. I wouldnt take things to the extreme, but i can still understand why someone might want to express themselves in a certain way.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    its simple...don't judge a book by its cover.

my bro is all pierced and tatted out.....he is popular, well liked, and down to earth,,,oh yeah,,and he has a job.

then again i know some pretty freakish people that look like that lol

And when did i judge you? I didnt, so dont bother pulling that card. I dont mean to stir up the hate pot with everyone, im just suprised by the reaction this thread has gotten
    When you posted directly after me saying how amused you were about people being arrogant and judgemental and throwing slander.

You don't have to quote me for me to know who you're directing your responses to, my judgemental post obviously surfaced your own judgments in me (or other people it still all judging at the end).

And its cool I have nothing against you at all. I can respect most stances people take but sometimes other people need a mirror put in front of them. And sometimes I do, I'm human & I'll admit. I just had to say some things and have. No harm no foul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information