Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator
    Terry and I worship an unconventional deity. The power of another dimension. Now you are not going to read about this dimension in a book or a magazine because it exists nowhere... but in my own mind. Through our ceremonies and rituals we have witnessed the awesome and vibratory power... of color. This is not an occult science. This is not one of those crazy systems of divination and astrology. That stuff's hooey, and you've got to have a screw loose to go in for that sort of thing. Our beliefs are fairly commonplace and simple to understand. Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration. You would make that conclusion walking down the street or going to the store. -Terry Bohner A Mighty Wind
    They believe in this, but can it be PROVED??? Question everything!!!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    1. Under the whole "magic" theory, speaking of musicians who use the arts to decieve and manipulate and get a desired affect out of the audience. Then also going on to the fact of coming into reality... It has been proven I don't know how many of you have looked up the facts behind such things as "the exorcist", etc. I forgot the number but it is in fact that we use a minute amount of the brain, therefore I believe it possible to further unlock such things. Does it suck that the majority of the people that seem to find out are "crazy", etc, I don't believe you have to be a crazy mofo to learn for yourself... Then you ask about the supernatural being, etc, well that supernatural being would be myself, I worship myself.

MUSCICIANS HAVE AN AUDIENCE........SATANSISTS DO NOT.....THERE FOR, YOUR ARGUMENT THAT MUCICIANS USE THE SAME MECHANISM IS NOT PLAUSIBLE.........

SUPERNATURAL=UNEARTHLY.......CALLING YOURSELF SUPERNATURAL DOES NOT ARGUE ANYTHING

SPEAKING OF THE EXORCIST- DO YOU YOURSELF HAVE ANY THEORIES ON THE FACTS THAT THE POSSESSED HAVE BEEN RECORDED, SPEAKING LANGUAGES THEY HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING, SPEAKING PERFECTLY-BACKWARDS, AND SPEAKING 2 DIFFERENT VOICES SIMULTANIUOSLY?

2. About the string theory... I don't totally understand this, and as a matter of fact I've never had quiet an interest on the subject other than the pure fact to disprove the afterlife and ghosts. So no I can't put it into my own words, however what it is for me is just that added measure showing that we are out here to question everything. For if you look back among time when people didn't have as much scientific knowledge, they blamed the "hurricanes" "tornadoes" "thunder storms", etc on god. god is simply a term for the unknown to me in that aspect.

I DO UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM HERE, BUT YOU CANT USE A THEORY THAT YOU HAVE NO COMPREHENSION OF IN AN ARGUMENT......I DID SOME LOOKING INTO IT, AND THEIR ARE SOME VERY PLAUSIBLE THEORIES ON WHY IT IS INCONSISTANT AND DOES NOT HOLD MUCH MERIT

CAPS
    Last edited by IronReload04; 09-24-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    MUSCICIANS HAVE AN AUDIENCE........SATANSISTS DO NOT.....THERE FOR, YOUR ARGUMENT THAT MUCICIANS USE THE SAME MECHANISM IS NOT PLAUSIBLE.........

SUPERNATURAL=UNEARTHLY.......CALLING YOURSELF SUPERNATURAL DOES NOT ARGUE ANYTHING
    Our audience is the ignorant. though they might not be in terms of technicality an "audience" they are easy to manipulate to achieve our goals.

SPEAKING OF THE EXORCIST- DO YOU YOURSELF HAVE ANY THEORIES ON THE FACTS THAT THE POSSESSED HAVE BEEN RECORDED, SPEAKING LANGUAGES THEY HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING, AND SPEAKING 2 DIFFERENT VOICES SIMULTANIUOSLY?
    This has striked my interest and thirst for knowledge in this subject. Statements and facts I've already heard from the mouths of others however it's time I find out for myself However I will stick to the whole deal behind the mind and how we only using a small % (I will post up the what I believe to be scientifically proven number but it is in fact less than 20% I believe, however my memory doesn't serve to well I have to go back for a refresher). I believe it would be easier to dismiss such a thing as a "posession" vs. looking for the scientific facts behind why such a thing happened. However I too am ignorant on the subject which is why I'm going to go read more starting right now

I DO UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM HERE, BUT YOU CANT USE A THEORY THAT YOU HAVE NO COMPREHENSION OF IN AN ARGUMENT......I DID SOME LOOKING INTO IT, AND THEIR ARE SOME VERY PLAUSIBLE THEORIES ON WHY IT IS INCONSISTANT AND DOES NOT HOLD MUCH MERIT
    I'm just using it to prove my fact that I believe all things can be proven scientifically. It takes trial and error, but all things I believe to be proveable and I believe it's just a matter of time before we unearth more.

This has striked my interest and thirst for knowledge in this subject. Statements and facts I've already heard from the mouths of others however it's time I find out for myself However I will stick to the whole deal behind the mind and how we only using a small % (I will post up the what I believe to be scientifically proven number but it is in fact less than 20% I believe, however my memory doesn't serve to well I have to go back for a refresher).
    Directly quoted from wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Popular misconceptions
    The following are some commonly held misconceptions of the mind and brain perpetuated through urban legends, mass media, and the promotion of dubious products to consumers (Sala, 1999). A number of practitioners of pseudoscience, New Age philosophies, and mystical or occult practices are known to use some of these ideas as a part of their belief systems (also see popular psychology).
    • The human brain is firm and grey: The fresh/living brain is actually very soft, jelly-like, and deep red. It does not become firm and grey until it has been preserved with various chemicals/resins.
    • Humans use only 10% or less of their brain: Even though many mysteries of brain function persist, every part of the brain has a known function.[7][8][9]
      • This misconception most likely arose from a misunderstanding (or misrepresentation in an advertisement) of neurological research in the late 1800s or early 1900s when researchers either discovered that only about 10% of the neurons in the brain are firing at any given time or announced that they had only mapped the functions of 10% of the brain up to that time (accounts differ on this point).
      • Another possible origin of the misconception is that only 10% of the cells in the brain are neurons; the rest are glial cells that, despite being involved in learning, do not function in the same way that neurons do.
      • If all of a person's neurons began firing at once, that person would not become smarter, but would instead suffer a seizure. In fact, studies have shown that the brains of more intelligent people are less active than the brains of less intelligent people when working on the same problems.
      • Some New Age proponents propagate this belief by asserting that the "unused" ninety percent of the human brain is capable of exhibiting psychic powers and can be trained to perform psychokinesis and extra-sensory perception.
    Also here is some more useful info from another site

Quote Originally Posted by infoplease.com
    The Question:
    What percentage of our brain do we use?

The Answer:

We use 100% of our brain.
    The idea that we only use a small percentage of our brain is a myth.
    The popular media and some very influential thinkers have contributed to this misconception. Statements that humans only use a small portion of their brains have been attributed to physicist Albert Einstein and anthropologist Margaret Mead. And the advertising industry is guilty of using the idea to sell their products.
    Regardless of its origin, experts in the field of neurology seem quite certain that although certain pathways in the brain may be working at different activity levels, all parts of the brain are always being used—even during sleep.
    Here is a link to a page called Do We Only Use 10% of our Brain? which has more information about the topic and additional links to further research.
    So there you have, I have disproved myself. However I do believe we can technically unlock more secrets in the mind, I love the old saying "mind over matter".

I copied part of a conversation going on in another thread about "zeitgeist" the movie, figured I'd post it in here to stir up intellctual conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by B.E.N.
    So you want me to do your 'homework' because you are foolish enough to take every thing in the movie at face value???? While we are at it I have some ocean front land in Iowa I would like to sell you and some protein powder that will help you put on 20 pounds in a month. You buying? HA HA HA

There are so many things you can literally watch the first part of the movie, pick anything, and it is likely false or manipulated facts.

- About being born on Dec 25th for most deities?! They didn’t even use a GREGORIAN CALENDER back then.

- http://singinginthereign.blogspot.co...istianity.html

Let's go over just some of the data:

1. Horus was not born of a Virgin--that's a lie.
    2. Horus was not baptized. That's a complete fabrication. "Anup the Baptizer"?--show me where you find that! That's a lie.
    3. Horus never walked on water. He performed miracles, but raising the dead and walking on water were not among them. Nor did he cast out demons.
    4. Horus had disciples--but you can't show me a single reference to his having twelve. That's a lie.
    5. Horus never taught in the temple at age 12. That's a lie. Read the accounts above--it's not there.
    6. Where was ever said that was Horus crucified? That's a lie! He died in a later version of the story and was brought back to life--but Jesus' "resurrection" was more than a mere coming back to life. His body was transformed and changed. Anyways, it was only later added to the Horus legend.

- http://www.tektonics.org/copycat/copycathub.html

Let me know when you are done reading and I will have more for you...
    Before I submerge myself in such of the modern day religions. Tell me what was there before christianity??? Is every1 b4 the time of Christ in hell???? Or is it ok to sacrifice animals and put their blood up above your door so the "angel of death" would "passover". Whoa, look at the hyprocrisy there, kill in order not to be killed.

This is among one of many facts that I have picked out myself, I will post this in my other thread as to stir up some of the readers in there as to there outlooks and how this was "justifiable". Apparently killing in the name of "god" is justifiable, thus a lot of the "crusades" and such. You can't tell me it wasn't people of power who thought up ways to manipulate and control there people. Even if all those facts in the zeitgeist movie were wrong like you claim, how can you deny the fact of "corruption of power".

Look I'm not gulliable to believe everything I say, I question EVERYTHING and I will read and educate myself further till I come upon my own conclusion based off of facts for I take other peoples word as mere grains of sand.

I love how the facts show of what your "old testament" speaks of, of killing/sacrificing animals for god. And it's been so long since I've studied the bible, can't remember names here perhaps someone can fill me in... But who was it that was a father and was willing to sacrifice there OWN SON because god said so however once they got to the top of the moutain "god" changed his mind therefore he didn't do it.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! If I ever one day have a son I don't care what kinda ****ing religion I have, who my gods are or arn't, I'm not going to listen to any1 that would tell me to kill my own son in honor of HIS NAME!!! That's crazy!!!

I love how the facts show of what your "old testament" speaks of, of killing/sacrificing animals for god. And it's been so long since I've studied the bible, can't remember names here perhaps someone can fill me in... But who was it that was a father and was willing to sacrifice there OWN SON because god said so however once they got to the top of the moutain "god" changed his mind therefore he didn't do it.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! If I ever one day have a son I don't care what kinda ****ing religion I have, who my gods are or arn't, I'm not going to listen to any1 that would tell me to kill my own son in honor of HIS NAME!!! That's crazy!!!
    This is portrayed in the modern religious institutions and churches as to attribute to the testament of true "faith" and is praised.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    hell, anything that advocates greed is ok by me.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    hell, anything that advocates greed is ok by me.
    Exactly, being in things for your self, your own personal gain, greed, whatever you want to call it. It's what drives & motivates!

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Alright it's very obvious the pass you guys choose... And I respect this. I will refrain from further posting untill something of intellectual value is posted rather than just trying to accuse me that I don't know my ways.
    I am still waiting for that as well...if we all waited for that then this wouldnt have made it passed the first page.....i am not saying you dont know your ways, but you dont know them well enough to answer some questions so you just ramble on about things that arent relevant to the question and try to baffle people with B.S....

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    lol what's this thread?

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY
    I wasnt trying to be offensive. My statement is true. If there is no God, where do morals and standards come from?
    "One of the things that convinces me of my need for a savior is a long hard look at myself. In particular my absolute inability to hold to what I want to do and not do certain things that I have designated as bad… I think anyone who honestly tries will also discover their eventual inability."

This person was convinced by his religious beliefs that all humans are sinners, that consistently ethical behavior is impossible, and that there's no point in even trying to be good because failure is the inevitable result. This is an extremely pessimistic view of human nature, to say the least. Many other religious traditions hold similar beliefs, asserting that the possibility of sin lurks behind all human behavior, and the only way to be safe is through a complex and tightly prescribed set of daily rituals and rules for virtually every activity a person might engage in. (The arbitrary identification of so many ordinary actions as sinful is probably part of the reason why many religions say that human beings are inherent evildoers.)

But humanist morality is different. In place of arcane rituals and gloomy creeds, humanist morality offers a simple, rational set of moral guidelines, derived from reason and based on evidence. These guidelines are flexible enough to handle the vast number of different situations a person may encounter, while avoiding moral relativism by maintaining a steadfast hold on a few foundational principles of universal applicability. Rather than appeasing the gods or following arbitrary commands, the basis of a humanist's morality lies in our interactions with our fellow people, whom we can help or harm by our actions.

This is not to say that being moral is always easy or that it takes no effort. Ethical behavior is a skill, and like any other skill, it needs to be learned and practiced. Becoming an ethical person is like gardening - like, perhaps, planting a tree. The endeavor starts out slowly, and requires patience and care to achieve good results. But in the end, with diligence, the effort bears fruit, and one can obtain a result as strong and steadfast as the mountains.

The point of moral training is not to become perfect or to never again make mistakes. Obviously, that is impossible. We are human beings, and we do make mistakes. Any moral system that expects anything different is an irrational and unrealistic system crafted without regard to human nature or the limits of human perception. Instead, moral perfection - insofar as it can be attained - lies in our ability to recognize our mistakes, to atone for them, and to alter our behavior in whatever way is needful so that they do not happen again. If a person displays a persistent unwillingness to learn from their mistakes and correct their behavior, then that person could be rightfully described as immoral. A true humanist, by contrast, makes self-improvement one of the guiding principles of their life, and knows that when we stumble, the right response is to right ourselves and continue along wiser. We may never attain some hypothetical ideal of moral perfection, but it is more than possible for a compassionate, dedicated person to lead a life of consistent virtue.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member

i really wanted to stay out of this cause ive seen the other posts. u really arent posing a very good argument in my eyes and u continue to banter on without reason or structure. this statement shows how little u understand the bible and the way it was written.u talk of symbolism and such and that ur religion uses it and embrases it.well yours isnt the first to do so. the bible is full of symbolic teaching and everything is not intended to be taken at face value.you referenced abraham's test with his son isaac.you odviously dont understand the story or the message it conveyed. this is one of those that is symbolic at its core and the meaning of the story will not be found if solely taken at face value. please dont go on about the bible, something some of us understand quite well. i know u thought u were making a valid point with your statement but it just showed how little u understand the bible if at all. so when u keep going on about christianity and how flawed it is u really are speaking without any understanding of what we have based our beliefs on and therefore are doing so in ignorance.i have not meant to be degrading or beligerant in this post so please dont take it as such

Er... I can understand his discontent with that story, as I don't agree with the message it conveys at all either. I consider myself a Christian, or I would have. I am well versed in many of the aspects, there are a lot more problems with messages in the Bible then just the story of Isaac, but perhaps I can clear up what maybe uncle money was trying to get at.

Genesis 22:1-10
    One of the most famous episodes in the Old Testament is the patriarch Abraham's near-sacrifice of his son Isaac, and God's blessing him with a great covenant in return for his obedience. However, the true message of this story is not inspiring, but appalling.

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.... And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son."

That the sacrifice was not actually carried out does not change the moral revulsion we should feel at this episode. What kind of god would demand a man prove his obedience by murdering his only son? And more so, what kind of man would obey such a command? Abraham has been held up as an archetype by Judaism, Christianity and Islam alike, but is this really the sort of behavior we should strive to emulate - the willingness to kill in God's name? Had I been in Abraham's place, I would have thrown away that knife and let Jehovah know, in no uncertain terms, that I would never serve any deity who demanded such a price. And had I been in God's place, that is exactly the response I would have rewarded.

But no. The God of the Bible rewarded - blessed, actually - a man who would have slit the throat of his son on command. Evidently, this is the quality Jehovah values - not humanistic morality, not an unshakable respect for human life, but a willingness to lay one's conscience aside and blindly obey. Regrettably, Abraham's spiritual heirs have carried on his legacy of killing in obedience to what they believe to be a divine decree, and the tragic results are the bloodshed and terrorism that still rages in places like the Middle East today.
    I still fail to see how the book of Job is not seen as God truely being tempted by Satan...

Job 2:3
    The book of Job exemplifies, perhaps better than any other, the cruelty of the God of the Bible. As the book's story goes, God and Satan are sitting around in Heaven and chatting one day when the subject of conversation turns to Job. Job is a wealthy and God-fearing man, "perfect and upright" as the Bible describes him, so pious that he offers sacrifices on his sons' behalf each day just in case they have committed a sin (1:5). Satan says, however, that Job only obeys God because of his prosperity and good fortune, and that if he loses these things "he will curse thee to thy face" (1:11). God denies this, and Satan offers a bet - ruin Job's life and see if he stays faithful. And God accepts!

While this perfectly good and merciful deity stands by and does nothing, Satan causes Job's livestock to be stolen, his servants to be murdered, and all his children to die, and Job himself to be covered with painful sores from head to toe. Grief-stricken, suffering and miserable, Job demands to know why he has been afflicted so, and God appears in a whirlwind - not to apologize, not to explain, but to intimidate Job into submission, sternly telling him that he has no right to an answer.

While apologists try to excuse many other atrocities committed in the Bible as God's just and deserved punishment of wrongdoers, that explanation cannot be used here. In chapter 2, God admits that Job's miseries were not deserved, but that he destroyed an innocent man for no reason at all!

"And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause."

The story of Job is revealing of the character of the Biblical deity. An omniscient being would have known full well in advance that Job's faith would not falter, so what was the point of inflicting all this suffering on him - did God feel he had something to prove? What motivated him to agree to the bet with Satan? Pride? Did he value being proven right over the suffering of an innocent human being and the deaths of others?

A truly morally good deity would not have acceded to the bet in the first place, but would have told Satan, "I don't need to prove anything to you. Job is a good man who doesn't deserve to suffer. I know he would remain faithful to me anyway, so I'm going to continue to bless him and I don't care what you think about it." Only a cruel god would have used an innocent man like a token in a game, and callously stood by and done nothing while his life was ruined - or worse yet, ruined that man's life himself just to prove a point!
    Just things I deal with in my struggle to accept things written in the Bible. I won't even go into the concept that it is an act of malice that God lets Satan even exist freely.
    Last edited by Psychotron; 09-25-2007 at 11:37 AM.

you r missing the point as well

Quote Originally Posted by bpm1
    you r missing the point as well
    No, I quite understand the point perfectly, but the point is not a good one. I see that obedience is being required, and that Abraham must not look to flesh in these matters, but must trust God, but I simply don't agree that such a trial is neccessary. God knows someones heart, so why make someone go throughthis? I also realize that this story is a look ahead to the final sacrifice that must be made to God, that is Christ being the lamb that is sacrificed.
    Last edited by Psychotron; 09-25-2007 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    No, I quite understand the point perfectly, but the point is not a good one.
    actually i diagree that u do.the test wasnt for God to see if job would falter, the test was for job's benefit, although God knows the outcome, we dont! job is the one who benefited from the trial and was blessed accordingly. the point is that we are here to prove ourselves, yes God knows the outcome but we must still experience it to get the benefit of it. ive heard this argument before, i dont see why its so confusing.BTW we werent meant to understand every little detail, its called a trial of faith, if we understood it all where would the faith come in?

No, I quite understand the point perfectly, but the point is not a good one. I see that obedience is being required, and that Abraham must not look to flesh in these matters, but must trust God, but I simply don't agree that such a trial is neccessary. God knows someones heart, so why make someone go throughthis? I also realize that this story is a look ahead to the final sacrifice that must be made to God, that is Christ being the lamb that is sacrificed.
    how on earth can u presume to know what abraham needed to test or prove his faith? that is the silliest thing ive ever heard! life is HARD it was meant to be so!

actually i diagree that u do.the test wasnt for God to see if job would falter, the test was for job's benefit, although God knows the outcome, we dont! job is the one who benefited from the trial and was blessed accordingly. the point is that we are here to prove ourselves, yes God knows the outcome but we must still experience it to get the benefit of it. ive heard this argument before, i dont see why its so confusing.BTW we werent meant to understand every little detail, its called a trial of faith, if we understood it all where would the faith come in?
    Ask Thomas, or any of the apostles, where is their faith? What did they have to have faith in, they witnessed the miracles personally. They had seen with their eyes, is it really fair some got better insight? Give me just one road to Damascus event and I wouldn't ever doubt again, but it has never happened to me. I should say I never had these feelings before, but it came to me while away for the summer where it began to feel like I was being distanced from God, and it got to the point where I did not feel his prescense in prayer anymore, and now I feel like I am talking to the floor. As James says I can not expect to receive that which I pray for anymore, I am two doubting of my faith to even help myself. Anyways, I will end this here, I am not out to move people from their faith, I just struggle with mine, but at some point my mind is going to split on the issue, let's hope it is the right way.

how on earth can u presume to know what abraham needed to test or prove his faith? that is the silliest thing ive ever heard! life is HARD it was meant to be so!
    I am not disagreeing that life is not hard. How is having a man suffer the agony of walking his son to death helping him, or God for that matter.
    Last edited by Psychotron; 09-25-2007 at 12:00 PM.

Ask Thomas, or any of the apostles, where is their faith? What did they have to have faith in, they witnessed the miracles personally. They had seen with their eyes, is it really fair some got better insight? Give me just one road to Damascus event and I wouldn't ever doubt again, but it has never happened to me. I should say I never had these feelings before, but it came to me while away for the summer where it began to feel like I was being distanced from God, and it got to the point where I did not feel his prescense in prayer anymore, and now I feel like I am talking to the floor. As James says I can not expect to receive that which I pray for anymore, I am two doubting of my faith to even help myself. Anyways, I will end this here, I am not out to move people from their faith, I just struggle with mine, but at some point my mind is going to split on the issue, let's hope it is the right way.
    my friend, all people struggle with their faith, it is part of this lifes challenges.i hope u are able to find peace soon. on a side note when im struggling i try to get myself back to the basics of my faith and focus on those things that gave me the faith and beliefs i have. i empathise with where you are because ive been there, peace brotha

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    I've never seen a group of individuals that have had to fight so hard in what they believe in. It's not the job of an individual to prove to anyone in regards to what they believe in. We formulate our beliefs based upon our individual opinions. It's disrespectful to bash other peoples beliefs, regardless of what they are. You obviously believe in what you choose to believe in for a reason.

Having faith in what you believe in is what matters most at the end of the day. Because believe it or not, you won't be forced to prove anything to any of these board members when your life on this side of the grave comes to a close.

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    ok i am not that well versed in any of this but isnt satanism basically the same a s being an atheist ............. i mean what if the founding fathers wrote the bible to try to get civilization to live the way they thought it should...... and several hundred years later when that wasnt enuff someone came up with goverment laws ........... dont bash me cause i dont know im pretty sure if we knew the exact right way to live 99% would live thta way prob is no one knows for 100%

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    I've never seen a group of individuals that have had to fight so hard in what they believe in. It's not the job of an individual to prove to anyone in regards to what they believe in. We formulate our beliefs based upon our individual opinions. It's disrespectful to bash other peoples beliefs, regardless of what they are. You obviously believe in what you choose to believe in for a reason.

Having faith in what you believe in is what matters most at the end of the day. Because believe it or not, you won't be forced to prove anything to any of these board members when your life on this side of the grave comes to a close.
    to whom were u referencing with this post?

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    can someone ask allah, or god , or satan or l ron hubbard , why my peins is 3 inches long but weighs 5lbs lol thats funny

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Hahahaha to prove how "satanic" I think without even knowing it.

I was asked what would be my 3 wishes to come true and that for me was... To be the most powerful God ever to exist (physically, mentally, and emotionally) Then went on to say, I've already obtained the latter 2, the only one I'm working on now is the physical part which is still why I workout.
    Then I happened the see #8 of the 9 Satanic statements.

anyways, it truely is great, for Satan is the flesh, flesh is human, human is man, and man is god. Thus earning the title of self-proclaimed god. It's easy to see how great life is once this is achieved, all other religious/philosophical views out there won't allow for this.
    You are just a immature young man looking for a purpose in life and right now you are trying to get attention by shocking people. "Oh my God, he's a satanist, how crazy and interesting". Look how many pages have sprung from your first pathetic post.

Aside from all that, I am amazed at your inflated and unjustifiable sense of self-worth. You believe you have attained the status of "Most mentally and emotionally powerful god"???? You are dillusional, guy. Emotionally IS mentally, just as a square IS a rectangle. I, on the other hand, am on a quest to acheive perfection. I want to grow Mentally, Physically, and Spiritually. I have not attained god-like status in any of the three and I never will. I will, however, challenge you in all three areas and I would be willing to gurantee my victory. You are a confused little man starving for attention and a real sense of belonging... you fear being average so you cling to this "satanism" to set you apart from everyone else, just as kids dye their hair crazy colors and go skateboarding because they feel "indepedent" and "unique" EVEN THOUGH millions of other punks do the same shit, thus they are just conforming to a large group of non-comformists, doing exactly what they set out not to do!

I truly hope you find a better way to live your life and become enlightened before you infect more weak-minded people with you blasphemous thoughts.

to whom were u referencing with this post?
    Not to any one member specifically. It's just the back and forth stuff is getting old and honestly, there's no need for it.

The fact of the matter is, some people like vanilla ice cream and some people like chocolate ice cream. Never do we ask those to prove to the chocolate lovers why they like vanilla over chocolate. It's just their preference. You may or may not agree with the reasons why they like (or believe) a certain something over another, but it's not the other persons responsibility to prove it on the flip side.

In summary, keep the faith!

Not to any one member specifically. It's just the back and forth stuff is getting old and honestly, there's no need for it.

The fact of the matter is, some people like vanilla ice cream and some people like chocolate ice cream. Never do we ask those to prove to the chocolate lovers why they like vanilla over chocolate. It's just their preference. You may or may not agree with the reasons why they like (or believe) a certain something over another, but it's not the other persons responsibility to prove it on the flip side.

In summary, keep the faith!
    i agree, i wasnt trying to be argumentative or belittling in any way.i did respond though, voicing my opinion at what i felt was a complete lack of understanding of something i hold dear.i did respond but i am done as i said in my first post its a waste of time hashing this thing out, i heard once,"a man convinced against his will, will be of the opinion still", true words methinks, monkey never responded to my post anyway, which is who it was directed at in the first place, i dont think he has an answer to it, it seems

i agree, i wasnt trying to be argumentative or belittling in any way.i did respond though, voicing my opinion at what i felt was a complete lack of understanding of something i hold dear.i did respond but i am done as i said in my first post its a waste of time hashing this thing out, i heard once,"a man convinced against his will, will be of the opinion still", true words methinks, monkey never responded to my post anyway, which is who it was directed at in the first place, i dont think he has an answer to it, it seems
    Very understandable as no one likes to feel as if their beliefs are being challenged. As I always say, as long as you're correctly representing what you believe in and are being truthful in regards to what you bring to the table, then you have nothing to sweat about.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    You are just a immature young man looking for a purpose in life and right now you are trying to get attention by shocking people. "Oh my God, he's a satanist, how crazy and interesting". Look how many pages have sprung from your first pathetic post.

Aside from all that, I am amazed at your inflated and unjustifiable sense of self-worth. You believe you have attained the status of "Most mentally and emotionally powerful god"???? You are dillusional, guy. Emotionally IS mentally, just as a square IS a rectangle. I, on the other hand, am on a quest to acheive perfection. I want to grow Mentally, Physically, and Spiritually. I have not attained god-like status in any of the three and I never will. I will, however, challenge you in all three areas and I would be willing to gurantee my victory. You are a confused little man starving for attention and a real sense of belonging... you fear being average so you cling to this "satanism" to set you apart from everyone else, just as kids dye their hair crazy colors and go skateboarding because they feel "indepedent" and "unique" EVEN THOUGH millions of other punks do the same shit, thus they are just conforming to a large group of non-comformists, doing exactly what they set out not to do!

I truly hope you find a better way to live your life and become enlightened before you infect more weak-minded people with you blasphemous thoughts.
    I think this might be my favourite post in the thread so far, you have hit the nail RIGHT on the head!

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    im amazed this hasnt been locked!

You are a christian right Mavs? - I thought christianity required evangelism, no?

My father told me that when he did his theological training he used to relish a knock at the door from the Jehovah's Witnesses so he could invite them in and debate with them, never in a nasty or offensive way but he felt it sharpened up his faith and in looking for the answers to the points they threw at him it actually strengthened his own beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic
    im amazed this hasnt been locked!
    There is no need to lock this thread, opposing opinions are being posed, strong opinions at times emphatically expressed, but no one is getting nasty or breaking the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    You are a christian right Mavs? - I thought christianity required evangelism, no?

My father told me that when he did his theological training he used to relish a knock at the door from the Jehovah's Witnesses so he could invite them in and debate with them, never in a nasty or offensive way but he felt it sharpened up his faith and in looking for the answers to the points they threw at him it actually strengthened his own beliefs.
    Absolutely I am a Christian and indeed I am called to preach about my beliefs. I'm always willing to preach about my faith to those that are interested in hearing it. But never will I force my beliefs upon anyone, nor will I criticize the beliefs of others. I will lead by a Christian example at all times, and I'm more than willing to talk about the example that I lead by for those who are not overly guarded.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Lmao, Satanism. As a Hindu, I have respect for all other religions. The eastern religions that are based on the ancient vedic scriptures, teach that the different world religions are just different paths to the same goal, and if you truly want to find the truth, it does not matter what religion you follow, you will find your answer. However, whilst I have respect for the majority of other religions and would never attempt to convert people to my way of thinking, or try to convince them they will go to hell if they don't follow my religion (which many Jehovahs Witnesses have tried to do to me), I despise the fundamental ideologies and principles of both Satanism and Scientology. Scientology is quite clearly a business, not a religion and the people at the top become rich, while the people at the bottom become poor as they work their way up, unless they are extremely wealthy already.

Satanism is named after Satan, and whether you believe in Satan or not (I don't), I think everyone can agree that the name is associated with everything bad in the world and when one thinks of Satan, they think of pure unadulterated evil. Therefore, I cannot see why any organisation that claims to be positive would name their organisation after a figure of evil and hatred, clearly the majority of people would not be inclined to even want to find out about such an organisation. It is like a dodgey car salesman naming his company "Con Man's Cars." How many of you would buy a car from a company called that? So basically what I am trying to say is that Satanism is clearly not a good thing to follow, because its very name is the epitome of most peoples perception of evil and therefore is not going to gain much support because of that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MastaAce
    Lmao, Satanism. As a Hindu, I have respect for all other religions. The eastern religions that are based on the ancient vedic scriptures, teach that the different world religions are just different paths to the same goal, and if you truly want to find the truth, it does not matter what religion you follow, you will find your answer. However, whilst I have respect for the majority of other religions and would never attempt to convert people to my way of thinking, or try to convince them they will go to hell if they don't follow my religion (which many Jehovahs Witnesses have tried to do to me), I despise the fundamental ideologies and principles of both Satanism and Scientology. Scientology is quite clearly a business, not a religion and the people at the top become rich, while the people at the bottom become poor as they work their way up, unless they are extremely wealthy already.

Satanism is named after Satan, and whether you believe in Satan or not (I don't), I think everyone can agree that the name is associated with everything bad in the world and when one thinks of Satan, they think of pure unadulterated evil. Therefore, I cannot see why any organisation that claims to be positive would name their organisation after a figure of evil and hatred, clearly the majority of people would not be inclined to even want to find out about such an organisation. It is like a dodgey car salesman naming his company "Con Man's Cars." How many of you would buy a car from a company called that? So basically what I am trying to say is that Satanism is clearly not a good thing to follow, because its very name is the epitome of most peoples perception of evil and therefore is not going to gain much support because of that alone.
    nice post,good points made

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman

Quote Originally Posted by MastaAce

Care to bash my belief system some more??? As mav's was stating earlier in a previous post about evangelism and how his dad would go around to jehova's witness's and debate with them would only strengthen his own faith... What do you think this entire thread has been doing for me???

Satanist arn't conforming and how can you even compare us to some skateboarders or some emo faggots??? We question everything, I myself even question the satanic bible and half the stuff in there and do agree at the fact of the matter that there is an underling cause to it... I've found out what this cause is. However that I won't reveal

But to continue to sit here and completely bash my views and say how I am or what I am is "wrong"... WTF?!?! I mean cmon you guys have me lau***ng hard, however it's different when you post your views as thus "your views" vs. posting them in terms of "right" and "wrong"

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    There are plenty of cases where being self-centered or hedonistic can not only hurt others but can be self-defeating. If you continuously give into hedonism you can become imprisoned by it and you lose sight of more noble mode of a principle-based existence. In being self-oriented you lose connection with the sense of inter-being (or the oneness) with your surroundings (e.g., people, nature). Also those who are self-oriented are usually self-estranged as he or she tend to see the problems outside of themselves - this is associated with a lack of self-accountability. In short, any emphasis on hedonism and selfishness promotes imature personality development.

I see nothing wrong with it. Where's the wrong done in doing for yourself as long as it doesn't hurt others (excluding if you "offend" others, if that's the case, well then... tough luck) (ie; a lot of people are offended by my tattoo's, who gives a fvck)

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    Nice. I'm most inspired by existential-humanists myself. I also like Buddhism although I question the idea that drive is a pratfall.

"One of the things that convinces me of my need for a savior is a long hard look at myself. In particular my absolute inability to hold to what I want to do and not do certain things that I have designated as bad… I think anyone who honestly tries will also discover their eventual inability."

This person was convinced by his religious beliefs that all humans are sinners, that consistently ethical behavior is impossible, and that there's no point in even trying to be good because failure is the inevitable result. This is an extremely pessimistic view of human nature, to say the least. Many other religious traditions hold similar beliefs, asserting that the possibility of sin lurks behind all human behavior, and the only way to be safe is through a complex and tightly prescribed set of daily rituals and rules for virtually every activity a person might engage in. (The arbitrary identification of so many ordinary actions as sinful is probably part of the reason why many religions say that human beings are inherent evildoers.)

But humanist morality is different. In place of arcane rituals and gloomy creeds, humanist morality offers a simple, rational set of moral guidelines, derived from reason and based on evidence. These guidelines are flexible enough to handle the vast number of different situations a person may encounter, while avoiding moral relativism by maintaining a steadfast hold on a few foundational principles of universal applicability. Rather than appeasing the gods or following arbitrary commands, the basis of a humanist's morality lies in our interactions with our fellow people, whom we can help or harm by our actions.

This is not to say that being moral is always easy or that it takes no effort. Ethical behavior is a skill, and like any other skill, it needs to be learned and practiced. Becoming an ethical person is like gardening - like, perhaps, planting a tree. The endeavor starts out slowly, and requires patience and care to achieve good results. But in the end, with diligence, the effort bears fruit, and one can obtain a result as strong and steadfast as the mountains.

The point of moral training is not to become perfect or to never again make mistakes. Obviously, that is impossible. We are human beings, and we do make mistakes. Any moral system that expects anything different is an irrational and unrealistic system crafted without regard to human nature or the limits of human perception. Instead, moral perfection - insofar as it can be attained - lies in our ability to recognize our mistakes, to atone for them, and to alter our behavior in whatever way is needful so that they do not happen again. If a person displays a persistent unwillingness to learn from their mistakes and correct their behavior, then that person could be rightfully described as immoral. A true humanist, by contrast, makes self-improvement one of the guiding principles of their life, and knows that when we stumble, the right response is to right ourselves and continue along wiser. We may never attain some hypothetical ideal of moral perfection, but it is more than possible for a compassionate, dedicated person to lead a life of consistent virtue.

As mav's was stating earlier in a previous post about evangelism and how his dad would go around to jehova's witness's and debate with them would only strengthen his own faith...
    Who posted that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    There are plenty of cases where being self-centered or hedonistic can not only hurt others but can be self-defeating. If you continuously give into hedonism you can become imprisoned by it and you lose sight of more noble mode of a principle-based existence. In being self-oriented you lose connection with the sense of inter-being (or the oneness) with your surroundings (e.g., people, nature). Also those who are self-oriented are usually self-estranged as he or she tend to see the problems outside of themselves - this is associated with a lack of self-accountability. In short, any emphasis on hedonism and selfishness promotes imature personality development.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information