Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by massattack
    Do you know that mosquitoes kill more people and especially children, in one year than more than your post. Have yor ever heard of Malaria?
    i didnt know they made guns small enough for mosquitos,well you live and learn.....

were talking about the right to arm yourself,not pest repelent.....idiot

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    I was reading a few months ago I cant find it now but it said they think all the gun laws in the US will be overturned in the next couple of years. They were saying with the people that are in the supreme court now they think it is a violation of the constitution so maybe anyone will be able to have anything you want in a couple years.

goaheadandhitme is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingweb50
    I was reading a few months ago I cant find it now but it said they think all the gun laws in the US will be overturned in the next couple of years. They were saying with the people that are in the supreme court now they think it is a violation of the constitution so maybe anyone will be able to have anything you want in a couple years.
    now that's just teasing!!

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    I'm amazed on a board filled with people who have the mindset, that the government should not be telling us what to do with our bodies, or generally interfering in our lives, as long as we are harming no one. That some members on here actually believe THEY should have the right to tell YOU/ME that we should not be able to conceal and let alone OWN a handgun. We should all surrender any defense we have, and let the police protect us, because they are everywhere at everytime... Rightttttt...
    That's what I was about to post too. Like the guys from England that think it's so fuking great that they can not legally own guns, wtf??????????

It doesn't matter if you like something or not, it's about being able to do something that you want, *cough, steriods ring a bell *

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    here is a stat for ya..

3 years after Minnesota passed a different more available ccp for us, there has been 0 inccidents where the licensed person used a weapon that had been concealed in a crime or self defense..

there was one case where the guy was licensed, but he went into his home

got a shotgun and shot a guy's car with it while he was fleeing from his home after a fight..

has violent crime gone down in the city?? yes.. don't have the stats sorry..

OK then .... how do the licensed guns get into the hands of felons? It is the availability of rogue guns (probably previously licensed) that brings the "I need a gun" mentality.

The pro gun lobby is too strong so nothing will change.

GUNS = $$BIG$$

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Well the Washington DC gun ban got overturned, its scheduled to go in front of the Supreme Court here shortly. That would be awesome if that were declared "unconstitutional" because Chicago and other cities would have to follow suit.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by goaheadandhitme
    Because cupcake, you chose to attack the syntax of my post, without addressing any of my points.
    I did address your points, I questioned what kind of statistic "the biggest killers on the planet have always been *Ignorance*, *Lazyness*, and **FEAR**... " was - please explain....

Also even if my post was ignorant (which I am not conceding) how does it illustrate your point?- i.e. has anyones life been endangered as a result of my post?!?!?!

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I did address your points, I questioned what kind of statistic "the biggest killers on the planet have always been *Ignorance*, *Lazyness*, and **FEAR**... " was - please explain....

Also even if my post was ignorant (which I am not conceding) how does it illustrate your point?- i.e. has anyones life been endangered as a result of my post?!?!?!
    Yes .... I nearly choked on my supper lau***ng

I don't know, but you make me want to bang my head against the wall

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Steroids *CAUSE* people to go nuts, have roid rage , and kill other people.... We all know how false that statement is. So saying that GUNS KILL PEOPLE, is just as uneducated and absurd. People will kill people with ANYTHING, a number 2 pencil can be a deadly weapon.

There is a DEMAND for guns. Just like there is a demand for Steroids. Do you think if you outlawed ALL citizens from owning guns, that suddenly the gun market in this country would dry up? NO, they would probably start having gun SOURCES in CHINA. And, therefore, the criminals would STILL get guns without people with liceneses buying them and then selling them to criminals.

Its the same way with steroids. We all KNOW that them shutting down China is not going to stop steroids from being imported into the United States, one way or another. The same with blow, they have been fighting that for 27 years, and thousands of pounds of it still make its way into the country every month.

So, the argument that banning guns only takes them out of the hands of law abiding citizens is correct. There is no way to stop the criminals from getting guns. Those laws only serve to make the general public easier prey for the criminals who are able to get guns.

The chinese (norinco) actually make some of the best guns in the world

Here in America we only have a handfull of rights left, we don't have the right to drive a car, thats a privilege, and can be suspended, revoked, or denied. We can't own property, unless we pay the government yearly for it's use, if we can't pay, guess what? they take it away and sell it to someone who can.

Have you ever seen one of those cop shows where the officer reads the suspect the miranda rights? Ever listen closely?: You have the right to remain silent, if you give up that right, anything you say *CAN* and *WILL* be used against you in a court of law. No maby there. I wonder why they would feel like it's so important to remind us that we should shut the fvck up.

We have the right to keep and bear arms, people die, kids shoot each other, babys accidently shot to death. Little amish kids that would probably never have lived to touch a gun, bleed to death on a classroom floor, but our right to keep and bear arms is still there, why??? Because, it *is* that important.

You want statistics, how about this one.

Anybody who has ever wrongly died in this country at the end of a weapon that was perfectly legal to possess, paved the road of freedom that I stand on.... Why not? They paid the dearest price for our right to have that choice. In my mind that puts them up there with any soldier who gave their life for my freedom, my rights.

Your argument is simply lacking information, our gun rights are the only thread of honesty we have left. When the constitution was concieved the authors knew how important it was for the *people* to keep the government in check. By force if nessassary. Why? because if governments are left unchecked long enouf they become tyrannical, masochistic, and start telling "free" people that they have the right to shut the fvck up.

Here in America we only have a handfull of rights left, we don't have the right to drive a car, thats a privilege, and can be suspended, revoked, or denied. We can't own property, unless we pay the government yearly for it's use, if we can't pay, guess what? they take it away and sell it to someone who can.

Have you ever seen one of those cop shows where the officer reads the suspect the miranda rights? Ever listen closely?: You have the right to remain silent, if you give up that right, anything you say *CAN* and *WILL* be used against you in a court of law. No maby there. I wonder why they would feel like it's so important to remind us that we should shut the fvck up.

We have the right to keep and bear arms, people die, kids shoot each other, babys accidently shot to death. Little amish kids that would probably never have lived to touch a gun, bleed to death on a classroom floor, but our right to keep and bear arms is still there, why??? Because, it *is* that important.

You want statistics, how about this one.

Anybody who has ever wrongly died in this country at the end of a weapon that was perfectly legal to possess, paved the road of freedom that I stand on.... Why not? They paid the dearest price for our right to have that choice. In my mind that puts them up there with any soldier who gave their life for my freedom, my rights.

Your argument is simply lacking information, our gun rights are the only thread of honesty we have left. When the constitution was concieved the authors knew how important it was for the *people* to keep the government in check. By force if nessassary. Why? because if governments are left unchecked long enouf they become tyrannical, masochistic, and start telling "free" people that they have the right to shut the fvck up.
    OK, now you're just babbling...

(Shrug)

New saying for the english "we shoot loads, not people"(mixing it up)

Heres a great idea....You keep supporting anti-gun laws in YOUR COUNTRY....and we'll keep supporting gun laws in OUR COUNTRY... Did I start making posts, saying that I think England should legalize handguns and give everyone the right to carry? NO....so why are YOU trying to impose YOUR beliefs onto us?

It actually seems almost typical that England would outlaw weapons. They have a long, longg, longgggggggg history of oppressing their citizens. I'm sure they love the fact that their citizens dont have weapons, keeps them right in check right where they want them. So if England decided tomorrow to declare itself Totalitarian and the Prime Minister decided he was God, Buddah, The Dali ****in Lama, King Shit, Be-All-End All... What recourse would the English people have? They gonna attack the army with baseball bats and broomsticks?

Heres a great idea....You keep supporting anti-gun laws in YOUR COUNTRY....and we'll keep supporting gun laws in OUR COUNTRY... Did I start making posts, saying that I think England should legalize handguns and give everyone the right to carry? NO....so why are YOU trying to impose YOUR beliefs onto us?

It actually seems almost typical that England would outlaw weapons. They have a long, longg, longgggggggg history of oppressing their citizens. I'm sure they love the fact that their citizens dont have weapons, keeps them right in check right where they want them. So if England decided tomorrow to declare itself Totalitarian and the Prime Minister decided he was God, Buddah, The Dali ****in Lama, King Shit, Be-All-End All... What recourse would the English people have? They gonna attack the army with baseball bats and broomsticks?
    They trust their government. They would never lie If you really knew the history of the country you would really want a gun *cough, Boer war *Please don't mention usa, we already know it's fuked up

ps, we are just debating, everyone still loves each other

What recourse would the English people have? They gonna attack the army with baseball bats and broomsticks?

I thought they could throw their (empty) bottles of gear at um

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Agreed...at least we all love weights and juice... =)

Yeah guns are great for self defense but the reason the writers of the constitution thought it was so important to have as a basic right was because they just got out of an oppressive government... and had to use their guns to do it.

Guns are freedom's last defense. It's a lot easier to control and oppress a population that is unarmed. Japan actually considered attacking the west coast of the US in WWII but decided against it due to the large numbers of guns in the country.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you guys think about concealed carry?-untitled.jpg  

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    It really is a simple equation: less guns = better, everything else is just bullshit.
    less guns = better is a complex equation that you are failing to see the complexity in.

I do not agree with the premise of less guns=better; however, either if you decide differently it is far from a simple equation.

It is not as easy as equating better with less violence or the like. You must understand that other influences such as rights which involve a discussions of there own which rival among those ideas of the greatest complexity

Dude, we haven't formed a picket line outside your local gunshop, we are just debating, i honestly do find it a little disturbing just how passionate some of you guys are about owning a firearm.
    I have got to admit that if I lived over there I would probably want a gun too as there are soooooo many in circulation there really is no point in being the one guy without one but given the choice between a society with guns or one without - well to me that is a no brainer...
    And then this excuse that it is so you can stage some sort of bloody coup if the government gets out of hand - please! no one person in our country has the power to declare themselves any kind of dictator and besides - we are just too civilised for that but I wouldn't expect an american to understand that!

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Yeah guns are great for self defense but the reason the writers of the constitution thought it was so important to have as a basic right was because they just got out of an oppressive government... and had to use their guns to do it.

Guns are freedom's last defense. It's a lot easier to control and oppress a population that is unarmed. Japan actually considered attacking the west coast of the US in WWII but decided against it due to the large numbers of guns in the country.

So are you saying that the US is on a level with the countries listed above? - Wow, no wonder you're all paranoid...

So are you saying that the US is on a level with the countries listed above? - Wow, no wonder you're all paranoid...
    I'm saying it's possible in any country. As soon as everyone says "oh, it can't happen here" and gives up all of their freedoms for safety, the government has become too powerful. Governments will always want more power... and people have to decide whether to give up their freedoms for (possible) safety (Patriot act, firearms, etc. )

I do recall, we used firearms to get away from an oppressive government a couple of hundred years ago.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 10-16-2007 at 01:35 AM.

I'm saying it's possible in any country. As soon as everyone says "oh, it can't happen here" and gives up all of their freedoms for safety, the government has become too powerful. Governments will always want more power... and people have to decide whether to give up their freedoms for (possible) safety (Patriot act, firearms, etc. ) .
    We recently banned all handguns over here (one school massacre was enough for us!) and strangely there was no resultant cull of christians, gays or anyone else - weird huh?

I do recall, we used firearms to get away from an oppressive government a couple of hundred years ago.
    *YAWN*

In favour of what? - The retarded head of state you have now? - Congrats!

We recently banned all handguns over here (one school massacre was enough for us!) and strangely there was no resultant cull of christians, gays or anyone else - weird huh?
    Sure, it didn't happen right away. But if your government were to become overpowering, it could overpower its citizens a hell of a lot easier. Wouldn't you agree?

The handgun ban seems like its not working so well, either...

In favour of what? - The retarded head of state you have now? - Congrats!
    In favor of the most power military force in the world... and a country people are literally dying to get into. A country that (sometimes) lets its citizens have a means to defend themselves.

And I agree, Bush is a retard.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    In Japan, last week a teenage girl murdered her policeman father with an axe while he was asleep. A few days later, a different girl committed the same crime. Should we pass anti-axe legislation? Oh, and let's not forget all the knife wielding weirdos over here who think it'd be kakkoii (cool) to stab a few housewives at the local supermarket. Better throw in the anti-knife legislation too.

Last year, an R-tard was getting his thrills throwing little kids off pedestrian overpasses. Add anti-pedestrian overpass legistlation to the list.

Earlier this year, the mayor of Nagasaki was gunned down by yakuza. In Tokyo, the Sumiyoshi-kai and Yamaguchi-gumi are in an all-out yakuza war in which members of both gangs have been shot and killed. We should also pass anti-gun....oops, I forgot - guns are already illegal in Japan.

Liberals would have you believe that the trigger pulls the finger.

Is it a coincidence that the 3 states with the strictest gun control laws also have the highest incidence of violent crime, while the 3 states with the least oppressive gun laws have the lowest?
    Last edited by CSAR; 10-16-2007 at 07:43 AM.

Don't you guys in england remember ww2? The germans wanted to wipe you guys out. You notice the Israels don't run up up, dig their own graves and wait to be shot anymore they have armed teachers in their schools and you can actually go to the local police and check out a sub machine gun if you feel you need it. I guess they trust their people Imagine virginia tech if it happened in israel (which they have actually had fools try that, they killed a few but in the end they were blasted)

1819 is offline Senior Member
    to use the school shootings as an anti gun arguement is insane. in both cases the shooters planned to kill. not shoot, kill. poison, fire, any way they pleased. gun was just a tool. i hope we dont try to shut down the louisville slugger factory everytime someone uses a bat in a crime. and to those who think banning guns would do any good please remember that pot, cocaine, and steroids are all illegal yet they are just as easy to come by as anything else. a gun ban will not work!! nor should it.

Even if we all lived in peace and war and violence stopped happening, who gives a shlt, I still like target shooting, reloading, bullet casting and hunting. Guns are not just for killing people! I have a hard time knocking a deer down with a rock and I can't run fast enough to whomp him over the head with a stick (besides he might fuk me up) Don't bother mentioning bows because after guns they will show pics of evil broadheads and show dumbass kids killed because they played "lets catch the arrows as they fall they will ban them too.

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    BAGGED MY FIRST DEER OF THE SEASON!!!! just thought this was an appropriate place for that 180 lbs 10 point 24" spread nothing to brag about just excited shot it with a .270 i did have the ol 44 on hand damn cougars are everywhere this year

Got my first deer in 2001 with a savage 170 pump action .35" rem with 200 gr. core-lokt handloads w/ w748 powder Had to sell that r***e though

wish we could use i f l ......................................

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by paulzane
    OK then .... how do the licensed guns get into the hands of felons? It is the availability of rogue guns (probably previously licensed) that brings the "I need a gun" mentality.

The pro gun lobby is too strong so nothing will change.

GUNS = $$BIG$$
    true enough.. the legal guns are stolen from law abiding citizens.. that's how it gets into their hands.. not like in the 1940's when sears and robuck sold thompson machine guns via the catalog..

I think we should stop the development of drugs to keep people with illnesses alive..it's just big money right???

i mean with your line of thinking they don't deserve to live because science can help them live right?? what right do they have to live as long as they can..

as for guns, the use of weapons to protect your person and those you love and your private property is the law of the land..

don't believe me??

look what is happening in England, lose of land and property rights..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Fordfan01
    BAGGED MY FIRST DEER OF THE SEASON!!!! just thought this was an appropriate place for that 180 lbs 10 point 24" spread nothing to brag about just excited shot it with a .270 i did have the ol 44 on hand damn cougars are everywhere this year
    you guys are so lucky a 270 for deer,,, and I'd love to kill a cougar

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Yeah, we are so uncivilized we are the richest, most powerful country on the planet. Good one small.

Dude, we haven't formed a picket line outside your local gunshop, we are just debating, i honestly do find it a little disturbing just how passionate some of you guys are about owning a firearm.
    I have got to admit that if I lived over there I would probably want a gun too as there are soooooo many in circulation there really is no point in being the one guy without one but given the choice between a society with guns or one without - well to me that is a no brainer...
    And then this excuse that it is so you can stage some sort of bloody coup if the government gets out of hand - please! no one person in our country has the power to declare themselves any kind of dictator and besides - we are just too civilised for that but I wouldn't expect an american to understand that!

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    See, thats what I dont like. You going to eat that cougar? If not why shoot it?

you guys are so lucky a 270 for deer,,, and I'd love to kill a cougar

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information