Thread: Job advice

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

Job advice

I'm looking for another job. I'm pretty much maxed out pay wise were I'm at. Its not bad at all but i want more. And there is really no more advancement. I'm in sales

I was offered another sales job. Complete different industry and clientele. My concern is its commission only. The first few months could be very ruff. First year i probably would make the same as I'm making now. But there is a lot of room for advancement and the this type of sales you def make more the following years. I'm looking at possible double my income in 2-3 years. But I'm scared about the commission only and not having some kind of salary. Its also with a fortune 500 company.

I kind of think the risk is worth it to give myself a better future. But then again what do i do if i cant pay my bills?

billybambam is offline Banned
    Where you at GSXXR?

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I'm looking for another job. I'm pretty much maxed out pay wise were I'm at. Its not bad at all but i want more. And there is really no more advancement. I'm in sales

I was offered another sales job. Complete different industry and clientele. My concern is its commission only. The first few months could be very ruff. First year i probably would make the same as I'm making now. But there is a lot of room for advancement and the this type of sales you def make more the following years. I'm looking at possible double my income in 2-3 years. But I'm scared about the commission only and not having some kind of salary. Its also with a fortune 500 company.

I kind of think the risk is worth it to give myself a better future. But then again what do i do if i cant pay my bills?
    Mooch off your family? =P LOL I'm in sales myself and with the realestate market the way it is its killing me... According to my boss though I'm in the top 5% right now so he keeps tellin me to hang in there its commission only and I freakin regularly max out MY CC's and borrow to pay my bills all gets payed back within a month but its like a freakin revolving door 0 CC balance one week maxed out a couple weeks later.... YAY MONEY Poor again with a 0 cc balance =P

Oh ya Go4 it =P

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I'd have had a stroke already if i was in real estate.

I/m pretty sure I'm going to take it. I figure i can always get a job back in my old industry. But i think i owe it to myself to take a chance to be rich

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    u only live once bro, take a shot, like u said u can prob always go back...

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Do it now bro. So you don't have the ole damm I should haves.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    Do you have enough in savings to make it a year with no income? This is real important because the stress of not making money can start to effect your sales abilities.

I was kind of in a situation like your in and basically you have to look at your risk vs reward and then decide if it's worth it for you. There is one quote by Joseph Campbell that helped me make my decision to go for it and it was "...that if you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be."

Basically, I found out that almost every thing that I was worried about before I made the jump, simply was not true.

sorel_C is offline Member
    go for it,, worse come to worse you can always fall back on construction dude,, easy to get in and pays big money quick,,,

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Start a russian dating service (hell I will go into it with you, you already have people that speak the language. First it was a joke but I'm really starting to like the idea Start a website, send some girls over to russia to get it started and take a cut of everything, yeah I like it
    I already have:
    tanning
    body jewelry
    "toxin" cleaning drinks
    next international trade in women

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Maybe Kale will start our asian branch

Thread Information