Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    I work at a major medical complex in icu, i would say that after several years i have somewhat of a love hate relationship with my job, that being due to mostly management,its just so much bs now that in another 5 years i will have so much charting and paper work to do i will just be a secretary because i will have minimal time for the patient.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i had the best job for 24 years 3 months and i loved doing it. the pay sucked, and it was shift work. birthday parties, holidays and special occasions i missed are inumerable. i wish i had 1 more call, 1 more rescue...one more moment wearing my badge.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by wascaptain5214
    i had the best job for 24 years 3 months and i loved doing it. the pay sucked, and it was shift work. birthday parties, holidays and special occasions i missed are inumerable. i wish i had 1 more call, 1 more rescue...one more moment wearing my badge.
    I feel for you brother, it would be tough to give up the action and sirens But think of it this way, when your grandkids look back at the time you spent with them you will be a hero to them

billybambam is offline Banned
    I love the work that I do,... if you can call it that, (Work). I used to play and write music just because it was fun and something I liked to do. Yeah, when your young you always thing about signing that record deal and getting paid millions to perform, but that is more just the dream. It has been good to me and my family though, and I love it more and more each day. I don't like the time that I am away from my family when on tour, but my wife is very understanding about it, and my kids get to talk to daddy every night. I have some great sponsors and that has lead to another form of employment as well, and I consider that playing as well.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    If they stopped paying me, I would stop going

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    if i won the lottery i would keep my job for at least a year till i could train someone to replace me and i would give them my personal number so if they needed help i was available anytime....

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    when I'm finished school i'm sure i'll be happy where i end up.

i am in school to be an electrician, dont know if its what i really want to do with my life but at but hey i'll give it hell see what happens.

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    i am a fiberglass tech, i work for my dad...we make fiberglass/carbon fiber parts for the 67 elenor mustang...69 camaro parts...corvette and camaro parts, airplane parts...pretty much a custom fiberglass company...its fun bc im making parts that go on sum expensive ass cars and airplanes...and since i work for the pops i can get off ne day ne time...go into work at any hour...its all good!!

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    this is for now until i finish school n we'll see what im doin then..but for know i love it!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I like my job i have now. But unfortunitly i'm kinda topped out in the pay range. With the lifestyle i like i def want more $$$.

I'm deciding on taking a new job that i dont think i would like as much. Don't think i would hate it. But i also think being able to afford all the things i would like would make up for not loving my job. i can still love my paycheck

jmax is offline Associate Member
    phukn prison guard. hate it and anyone that says they like it.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Love my job and the rewarding end result that it produces, but to be honest I am wiped out with it and tend to get a little bored seeing the same cases day in and day out.

The lifestyle and money are great, but the hours can be long and arduous. Of course another benefit is the cute little 22 year old nurses that are constantly sniffing around. It never hurts the ego when they are ready to drag you into a closet and undo your scrub bottoms. I know, that sounds horrible as hell and of course because I am a saint, I would never think about doing that...hahah

Overall, its good and all of the years I spent in school, I'm never gonna do a change in career.

Doc M

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Im an architect and own my own business. I draw something, build it, then sell it. I deal with the upper class, they can be real pricks when they have to part with their money. I like what I do, however, I am not defined by my work. I am an artist, and I love anything I make...to bad I have to depend on people to buy it. My wife is a lawyer, and when we decide to have kids, Im quitting everything to be a stay-at-home-dad. Thats the life Im looking forward to.
    Come build me my house for cheap!

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    I love my job! Fun as hell, but a lot of work

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by rana173
    Come build me my house for cheap!
    He's on "vacation" right now

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    How could I not like my Job? If you are wondering, see my screen name.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    as ive said in another thread, i dont hate hate my job, just dont like it lol.. i clean shit and change diapers for a living

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information