Long&Strong is offline Associate Member

My ego is in my way...

What's up guys (and gals)... It's been a while since I have posted a new thread, but I figured with what's bothering me, who else should I ask for advice from. Here it is: I have been working in my sales industry for about 10 years now and have been very successful. I actually own and operate my own business. Recently, my business has slowed to the point that I began entertaining a new job. As luck would have it, one of my best friends companies is just taking off. He knows of my talent and skills and asked me to join him to help it grow faster. I agreed because at the time, I really needed to make sure my family didn't suffer. The dilemma, with my buddies company, I am basically doing what I did 10 years ago when I started; also my business has actually picked up since I started with him. I am an EXTREMELY loyal person, I gave my word that I would help him (I think in the long run I can make a great living with him) but I can't bring myself to accept the fact that I am working for someone else. Plus, who knows how long my business is going to stay up... what would you do in my situation??????????

goaheadandhitme is offline Associate Member
    you can have a friend or a partner, not both (imho)

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    I would say do whatever you feel is best. You'll always wonder what would of happened if you would have done things differently, but just say "fvck it" and move on.

As for the above, I would have to disagree, it's easy to have both. (that is if you guys are pretty good friends)

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    You've been in business for ten years now and undoubtedly weathered many storms, as well as become aware of the peaks and valleys of the industry. Based on this knowledge and the fact that your company is still growing WELL, you shouldn't dump it.

If you feel his company has great potential and you won't be bored in the capacity he's offering (remember you've grown since you last performed these tasks), why don't you delegate some authority (and maybe even hire a couple of extra P-Time hands if necessary), to free up enough time to aid him in a P-Time or consultant basis.

This permits you to enjoy the benefits of both worlds. If the above, for whatever reason, is not an option as the old-timers say "Leave with the one that brung ya."...and stick with your own company. In the post you questioned your company's potential longevity, but 10yrs is substantial, remember his company isn't even off the ground and the failure rate of upstarts is quite high.

Hope that helped.

Best to you.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    You've been in business for ten years now and undoubtedly weathered many storms, as well as become aware of the peaks and valleys of the industry. Based on this knowledge and the fact that your company is still growing WELL, you shouldn't dump it.

If you feel his company has great potential and you won't be bored in the capacity he's offering (remember you've grown since you last performed these tasks), why don't you delegate some authority (and maybe even hire a couple of extra P-Time hands if necessary), to free up enough time to aid him in a P-Time or consultant basis.

This permits you to enjoy the benefits of both worlds. If the above, for whatever reason, is not an option as the old-timers say "Leave with the one that brung ya."...and stick with your own company. In the post you questioned your company's potential longevity, but 10yrs is substantial, remember his company isn't even off the ground and the failure rate of upstarts is quite high.

Hope that helped.

Best to you.

was gonna say the exact same thing....make a real attempt to see if your own company can come back to where u want it especially since you prefer to be your own boss. but at the same time put some time into helping your friend even if its not a part time or full time basis, just as a consulting thing so that you always have that possibility.

sphincter is offline Member
    +1.. hire some help in your company to free up your time to help his and keep your word. I suggest starting talking to him now so hw knows how you're thinking/feeling about things and if he's a good friend then that should open the pathway to greater communication on the subject and ultimately lead to the right choice..

Long&Strong is offline Associate Member
    This is why I asked you guys what to do. I was thinking the same things, but maybe I needed to hear them from you guys. I am going to keep my company open and work on it as hard as I can, but at the same time, I will continue to help out my friend and support him the best I can. Thanks again for all of your insights and advice.

Thread Information