Thread: Joe Torre

skr0w is offline Associate Member

Joe Torre

Weither you love the yankees like I do or hate them you have to admit a great era has ended in Yankee baseball. No other manager has earned the respect of others as Joe has done. The Yankees will not be the same and lets hope Andy, Mariono, Alex, and Jorge won't leave. Maybe they'll reconsider and make Joe another offer.

Joe tribute:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh00XfQPqVw

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    gotta say though, i'm glad he turned down the 1 year offer. kind of a slap in the face after leading team to many world series... i guess the yanks (and new york as a fan base) have shorter term (e.g. series win more regularly) goals.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Im not Yanks fan but its pretty clear thats a huge mistake.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?

maybe all the dumbass yankee fans i know will hop off the bandwagon.
    don't care.

I don't understand the Torre lovefest. Yeah he is a good guy, but he inhereted a good team when he took that job. He was never succesful as a manager before, I doubt he finally figured out how to be a good manager at age 55. This is like saying Terry Francona is a good manager because of Boston's success

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp

maybe all the dumbass yankee fans i know will hop off the bandwagon.
    don't care.
    Lol exactly.

I find myself arguing with yankee fans a lot. I got in a big argument with a few at my home stadium....it seemed like 1/2 the fans were Yankee fans. I am sure they all traveled 1,000 miles to see them play

Why do you like the Yankees? Oh you must be from New York...Oh wait, you're not? So you like them just because they're good? ..Ba..ndwa..gon fan???

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    im not huge into baseball, but when i think new york yankees, i think joe torre. it will be very interesting to see what develops now that hes gone

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i love the calming influence torre had, the players obviously loved him. i felt like it was time to move on however, i am afraid of player backlash, as was mentioned already there are a few vital FAs that need to be retained...i almost hope they go with mattingly just cause he is an accepted entity already, he is loved in NY, and he has all the respect of the players. even tho i think girardi would do well also...

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottythebody
    I don't understand the Torre lovefest. Yeah he is a good guy, but he inhereted a good team when he took that job. He was never succesful as a manager before, I doubt he finally figured out how to be a good manager at age 55. This is like saying Terry Francona is a good manager because of Boston's success
    100% right. He is a great guy, but has failed to come through in a long time. I think he was great for N.Y. and the Yanks but when you have talent like that and don't win a world series in god knows how long, its time to move on..

Quote Originally Posted by number twelve
    i love the calming influence torre had, the players obviously loved him. i felt like it was time to move on however, i am afraid of player backlash, as was mentioned already there are a few vital FAs that need to be retained...i almost hope they go with mattingly just cause he is an accepted entity already, he is loved in NY, and he has all the respect of the players. even tho i think girardi would do well also...
    A-rod will opt out if Girardi gets the job. He said Girardi is similar to Buck Showalter, who was one of the reasons he wanted out of Texas so bad

Thread Information