Titleist is offline Senior Member

iPhone Ringtones

I just got my iPhone. I'm trying to figure out about ringtones...

Is there a program I can use to make my own or download 'em?

I didn't really feel like searching around the 'net, so if anyone has anything, let me know.

I don't have an iphone, but i use www.mixxer.com to make my own ringtones. It's free and it lets you choose a 30 second clip from any song you upload. The only thing you pay is whatever AT&T charges you for transferring data to your phone

3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member
    if you figure it out let me know... there are pros and CONS to the iPhone... and i think this is one of them... cons that is

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist
    I just got my iPhone. I'm trying to figure out about ringtones...

Is there a program I can use to make my own or download 'em?

I didn't really feel like searching around the 'net, so if anyone has anything, let me know.
    I have an iPhone. You can use iToner.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/itoner/
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I have an iPhone. You can use iToner.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/itoner/
    First off, you're the man. I was hoping you'd see this.

I've been searching since I got home an hour and a half ago. Like I've said previously, I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to electronics/technology.

Thanks.

By the way, I've had the phone for not even 12 hours. Every person I saw tonight wanted to play with it. I was getting sick just thinking about everyone putting their greasy fingers on it.

I'm just gonna keep it in my pocket...

Buy the windex wipes. I keep a pack in my desk at work. It gets all of the greasy paw prints off.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/devices/iphone/

Griffin makes nice cases. I like using my iphone naked so I bought a leather clip holster to carry it in.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elanholster

Damn, that's for Mac only, isn't it?

I have Windows XP. I guess that's why it's so hard to find a program.

If you come across something, Carlos, let me know.

Buy the windex wipes. I keep a pack in my desk at work. It gets all of the greasy paw prints off.
    Good deal. I've been cleaning it off with a cloth I got when I bought my Oakleys. I'll pick some of those up.

I need to get a case as well. I like the look of the phone, but I always drop mine, so I do need something. I'll probably order a Griffin tomorrow.

Damn, that's for Mac only, isn't it?

I have Windows XP. I guess that's why it's so hard to find a program.

If you come across something, Carlos, let me know.
    Try this site.

http://www.modmyiphone.com/cmps_index.php

Lots of iPhone / Windows info there.

Good deal. I've been cleaning it off with a cloth I got when I bought my Oakleys. I'll pick some of those up.

I need to get a case as well. I like the look of the phone, but I always drop mine, so I do need something. I'll probably order a Griffin tomorrow.
    My coworkers have the rubber cases that protect the entire phone. It's made of the rubber that's easy to grip. I've had my iPhone since June and have not dropped it. I'm still using it naked and no scratches.

Try this site.

http://www.modmyiphone.com/cmps_index.php

Lots of iPhone / Windows info there.
    Will do.

Thanks.

My coworkers have the rubber cases that protect the entire phone. It's made of the rubber that's easy to grip. I've had my iPhone since June and have not dropped it. I'm still using it naked and no scratches.
    I may have to get a rubber case. Apparently any phone I have is attracted to the ground... Hell, I'll just buy one of each and see which one I like more.

I may have to get a rubber case. Apparently any phone I have is attracted to the ground... Hell, I'll just buy one of each and see which one I like more.
    This is the one my coworker has.

http://www.goincase.com/products/det...-cover-cl59019
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TN563LL/A

importeater91 is offline Member
    ive been thinking about getting one once my plans up. do you get a deal on the phone when getting a plan at the same time or do you still have to pay 400 for the phone? those phones have sim cards right? so i can get the iphone and have a crapy phone for when im at work? hows the service with at&t?

Quote Originally Posted by importeater91
    ive been thinking about getting one once my plans up. do you get a deal on the phone when getting a plan at the same time or do you still have to pay 400 for the phone? those phones have sim cards right? so i can get the iphone and have a crapy phone for when im at work? hows the service with at&t?
    No, you still have to pay the $400. I was waiting until I was eligible for an upgrade, then I found it you still had to pay full price, so I went ahead and got it.

The sim card is already in the iPhone. AT&T/Apple don't suggest trying to remove the card on your own. It needs to be professionally done. Basically, you get your iPhone and activate it (using iTunes), then your phone number gets transferred to your iPhone and you can't make calls on the old one anymore. It will still turn on, but you won't be able to make calls.

The service is pretty good where I live, and the surrounding area. They also have good service, overall, nationwide. There may be a 'better' network, but I wouldn't know. I've been using Cingular/AT&T forever.

No, you still have to pay the $400. I was waiting until I was eligible for an upgrade, then I found it you still had to pay full price, so I went ahead and got it.

The sim card is already in the iPhone. AT&T/Apple don't suggest trying to remove the card on your own. It needs to be professionally done. Basically, you get your iPhone and activate it (using iTunes), then your phone number gets transferred to your iPhone and you can't make calls on the old one anymore. It will still turn on, but you won't be able to make calls.

The service is pretty good where I live, and the surrounding area. They also have good service, overall, nationwide. There may be a 'better' network, but I wouldn't know. I've been using Cingular/AT&T forever.
    Not 100% accurate. You can remove the SIM card. Slide a paper clip into the hole at the top. You can take the activated SIM card from your iPhone and use it in another phone. You just can't use a different SIM in the iPhone unless you hack/unlock the iPhone.

Not 100% accurate. You can remove the SIM card. Slide a paper clip into the hole at the top. You can take the activated SIM card from your iPhone and use it in another phone. You just can't use a different SIM in the iPhone unless you hack/unlock the iPhone.
    Ah, I never knew that.

yeah my friend has it and he switches them out for work but dont know how he does it...is there anything you guys dont like about it besides the ringtones?

Quote Originally Posted by importeater91
    yeah my friend has it and he switches them out for work but dont know how he does it...is there anything you guys dont like about it besides the ringtones?
    Out of every phone I was considering (iPhone, LG Prada, AT&T 8525, AT&T Tilt, etc..), I don't think that I would have been as happy with any one other than the iPhone.

Texting using the touch screen keyboard is one of the things I was worried about. I've had the phone for about a day and I've already gotten pretty used to it. In a week, it will feel normal.

The user interface is just, badass, for lack of a better word.

I tried all of the other phones and none of them compare in the slightest.

Browsing is awesome and easy.

Also, you can buy ringtones through iTunes. I just recently found a program that will let you download ringtones to your iPhone, from your media library. I tried it and it's easy as hell. I'm about to buy it for $15.

sweet im deff gonna buy it when my plans up but i have to wait 4-5 months

Out of every phone I was considering (iPhone, LG Prada, AT&T 8525, AT&T Tilt, etc..), I don't think that I would have been as happy with any one other than the iPhone.

Texting using the touch screen keyboard is one of the things I was worried about. I've had the phone for about a day and I've already gotten pretty used to it. In a week, it will feel normal.

The user interface is just, badass, for lack of a better word.

I tried all of the other phones and none of them compare in the slightest.

Browsing is awesome and easy.

Also, you can buy ringtones through iTunes. I just recently found a program that will let you download ringtones to your iPhone, from your media library. I tried it and it's easy as hell. I'm about to buy it for $15.
    Was the software on the modmyiphone site?

Was the software on the modmyiphone site?
    Kinda. There was a program in the downloads section, and the guy was explaining it and he said that if you didn't want to go through all of that, you could buy this certain program.

Link: http://www.efksoft.com/products/ipho...aker/index.htm

It's $15 for unlimited ringtones that you can create from your songs- Easy as hell. I used the trial program and I'm gonna buy the real thing today or tomorrow.

Thread Information