Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Do you guys notice people respect you a lot more when you're bigger/more cut?

I definitely notice this phenomenon. Not only attention from ladies, but generally people respect you more if you're more muscular/cut. A lot more respect these days then when I was 140 lbs, thats for sure. Why do you guys think that is?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Because they better or us big guys will beat them up. LOL

Sepsis is offline Member
    because the fact that you are bigger than them means that you do steroids and you will 'roid rage ' on them. or so the media says.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    and there more scared

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    we are superior to them, so they bow down.

I also noticed this, went I went from 160 to around 200. I suddenly become ev1s friend and get my ass kissed

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    i noticed this once i started getting close to 200.

i get alot more stares at the gym.

everyone wants to know where i workout like its a secret or something.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    It is true... Back in middle school and most of highschool I was the scrawny guy being picked on... And when I wasn't being picked on no one even noticed me, unless it was my friends. Then I worked out hardcore and senior year I came back one of the most muscular kids in the school. Everyone wanted to be my friend, etc. etc. Nowadays in college I'm 170 but people all the time guess at or very close to 185... I look great and I feel great but I'm determined to reach my goal of 190 by the time I'm 23-25... I'm 19 atm so got some time, lol...

Atomini is offline Banned
    I notice i've been getting eyeballed alot more when walking through stores and malls, etc.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    They assume because you look good, you are cool. Kinda lika pack leader mentality. Instead of trying to assume the position of dominance, they reliquish it. Everything you say becomes smarter and funnier. Laughter is just a exibition of intimidation and desire to please.

RBIZZY is offline Member
    yeah, back when i was 140 i got no respect....then i hit my first cycle and gained a solid 40lbs and everyone all of a sudden wanted to hang out. even some guy that wanted to kick my butt cause his girl liked me. he all of a sudden became like king brown noser...

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I think some of it has to do with the fact that if shit goes down, they want you on their side for sure.

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    bingo^^

Atomini is offline Banned
    Alpha males.

ThisBigBastard is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969 View Post
    I think some of it has to do with the fact that if shit goes down, they want you on their side for sure.
    hahaha sounds about right

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    I mean honestly, how many guys do you see walking around the street that are 250lbs at a low bodyfat %....almost none!...at least where I live. Almost everyone is overweight now-a-days.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Its pride, power your size potentially represents, its just an aura that you're powerful, people gravitate towards it.

i love it.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Just ask Tia how much respect females give her. You will be flabbergasted.

I was actually thinkin bout this the other day.

I was havin a convo with 4-5 of my friends, saying how I never get mad and it takes a lot to actually get me mad.

They said, you dont get mad bcuz no one wants to make you mad.

Kinna made me think a little. It seems when I was younger/smaller ppl were more willing to argue with me and say things that piss me off...the bigger I get...the less it seems to happen.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    I notice i've been getting eyeballed alot more when walking through stores and malls, etc.

That is because you look like your avatar

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    intimidation factor... im a scapper, and damn goood at it.... it's not that i look for trouble, it's just that when other kids girls hit on me theres a problem.. and i might have alittle problem backing down from confrontation... hehe

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    I also think a good Hair cut (Flat top )
    Its always yes sir and no sir when talked to..

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I wear a flat top. Have for many years. Whene I travel people ask me if I'm a cop or military. getin through customs is a breezze. I belive that I don,t get much crap from to many people cuz I got bigger. The only crap I get now a days is from you guys but It's what I need to hear most of the time.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    yes i do....

luckylou is offline Banned
    Bottom line is no one want's to fight us big guys/girls .

Who in there right mind would take a chance on cutting us from a punch, and then become soaking wet, and ruining there clothes from all the water retention from our bodies!
    LOL
    Peace Out.

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4 View Post
    I mean honestly, how many guys do you see walking around the street that are 250lbs at a low bodyfat %....almost none!...at least where I live. Almost everyone is overweight now-a-days.
    you see them at the olympia!! that's some olympia stats right there

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I get positive and negative. People give looks and compliments or are more friendly. Then I get the opposite where they see you're in better shape and automatically act like assholes. Like they feel threaten or something.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    I get positive and negative. People give looks and compliments or are more friendly. Then I get the opposite where they see you're in better shape and automatically act like assholes. Like they feel threaten or something.
    Get same exact thing.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's amazing where we live in a world where we're praised for improving our minds but branded vain arseholes for improving our bodies.

It's always the people that are in need of some good exercise the most that criticise.

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Yeah i know what you mean guys, ive noticed people give you lots more respect.
    BUT...
    once last summer (06) mid way through my last 6 monther, i was about 215-220 and was shopping with my missus on oxford st, some guy stood out side a shop in Combats n striped to the waist stood in the middle of the pavement (sidewalk).
    so yeah naturally you think eh? WTF,? for those who dont know Oxford st in London is like 5th ave in NYC (middle of the afternoon of fvckin jam packed with shoppers)

he was cut to fuk, some black guy so i trun to the missus n start talking to her, as i was walkin past an must have thought something of it , so he shouts after me n starts following me,
    i think shit he is trying to sell me something like weed or time shares,
    so i ignore him.
    the girls walk in to a shop n i follow, mindfull this guy is still following,
    now im thinkin WTF? so i go inside n he stands at the doorway shouting in congo language or something ,
    then he comes in and goes hey man whats all that about? and i (playing with my ipod) say what?
    so he swings his shoulders n says "whats all this about man? you trying to intimidate me or something cos im telling you i will fight anyone!"
    so i giggle n say "very good" and carry on playing with my ipod in 80% ready to smack the mother mode.
    so he says "you weren't trying to intimidate me then?", so i say, "why would i try to intimidate you?" (with a confused look on my face) coz i genuinly was.
    anyway he says "that's ok then but im telling you man i will fight with anyone!" and walks out talking on his phone muttering somethign like its ok now or something.

In all honesty he caught me looking at him, yeah i did glance, but only in admiration of how cut he was. probably weighed about 175-180 but probably 8%bf. Dont think anyof it was through actually workign out, probably from smoking meth or something.

ANYWAY the **** is probably dead now, you cant go talking to strangers like that and get away with it forever
    Last edited by Odpierdol_sie!; 11-22-2007 at 05:03 PM.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've noticed the bigger I am, the less people talk to me, I was told once that I come off intimidating. Which I guess I could see, I would be intimidated too if I saw someone really big. I think that is something you have to prepare for, having people avoid you.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by king6 View Post
    I've noticed the bigger I am, the less people talk to me, I was told once that I come off intimidating. Which I guess I could see, I would be intimidated too if I saw someone really big. I think that is something you have to prepare for, having people avoid you.
    I second that at 6'2" 270+ people walk around me.... and avoid making eye contact and shit..... or it could be the fact I walk around with an angry face on all day(cant help it)... LOL =P I'm a smiley happy guy when people talk to me but otherwise people have told me I look like I'm ready to kill someone...

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    That happens to me to.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Travesty is offline New Member
    Unfortunately this is especially true with some girls.

But people tend to feel (and act) more confident when they are in better shape, be it bigger, cutter or a mix of both, which compensates to some degree.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    its cos they watch too many movies,professional/amatuer competetive fighters aside all good fighters ive known (i mean personaly,not known of or heard of) have shit definition most dont even lift seriously they just got a lot of nerve and absolute confidence in their ability to perform moves under real world pressure,i agree with the reasons mentioned behind being sucked up to cos ur big but if only they knew how misplaced thier sucking up is,for example the biggest guy i know is a shit fighter by his own admission

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    i think just the fact that YOU know your bigger and healthier gives your more confidence. and people respect confidence. they also respect nice bodies. this society is so deeply rooted on how people look that the better you do look, the better people treat you. i have noticed the same. coming from a drug addiction backround wei***ng in at 160 lbs at 6ft3. now im 205, clean and healthy. i get way more respect.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    Alpha males.
    That's pretty much it.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I have also noticed this too. At the same time though, when you're in a relaxed evironment I notice people will gravitate towards you, I will get random people asking me questions, and if they're a girl it's easy conversations from there out lol

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    They assume because you look good, you are cool. Kinda lika pack leader mentality. Instead of trying to assume the position of dominance, they reliquish it. Everything you say becomes smarter and funnier. Laughter is just a exibition of intimidation and desire to please.
    lol that rings true,is this an observation or did u learn it somewhere

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    i noticed when i use to work at the bar .... people would try you just to prove them selves ..... and if you raised you voice you got the roid rage comment .... so its ok for some scrawny kid to try and fight and yell but if I do it ... im going into roid rage .... what a joke.... Im not one of those abercrombie kids that wear extremely tight shirts ... i wear faily loose close in order for these events not to occur .... but now that i am not in the bar scene anymore it is totally different .... you just get little pecker heads in the gym asking to score some juice ....

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    I'll let you know when I get big

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information