ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member

Business Owners?

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am in the process of starting a new company and i am having trouble finding any information related to competitors or average amount spent on similar products or the overall market analysis. So if anyone has any info on how to find it would be great. This is pretty simple for a lot of business but i am going into the lawn care (commercial level) and it doesn't seem like it has been kept track of.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i know a few bros who have lawn businesses(fireman on the side jobs) the problem comes in is where you have to hire out for labor. insurance, workers comp and break downs are just a few problems. not to mention collecting your money. one bro has 3 full time crews working for him, about 100 accounts. he told me he made as much money(in his pocket)and no headaches, when he was cutting alone and had 12 accounts. good luck.

importeater91 is offline Member
    i have my own construction business with a buddie of mine. you gotta be organized, save all your receipts and keep track of everything going in and out. get quick books, its an awsome program

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    call the other companies and pretend you want yard work done and get a quote

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    me and my boy own a sneaker shop in south jamacia in queens... no experience in the lawncare or landscaping business except cuttin my own lawn...lol

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Lawn care sucks, I had a few crews when I was a teen and it's hard to get money out of these pricks and it's too seasonal and you have tons of others doing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330 View Post
    call the other companies and pretend you want yard work done and get a quote

Thanks Ajc i might do that

Thanks for all the info guys but i am looking for more statistics so i can have some info to set my cash flow chart up so i can go to the banker to get a loan i finally came accross the national info but i still can't local info

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm with Captian on this one and always have been.

Owning a business and doing somthing you love stops being somthing you love when you have employee's.

YOu haver to find what you can handle, a lot of people assume the bigger the company...the bigger the profit. Get as many jobs as you can...if you can't do them all just hire someone right?

I have a construction company and it is not like that. I would rather work with small figures and turn a good profit rather than deal with all the shit that comes with a "company".

Some times growing fast is not a good thing.

Yeah forget about going to a bank to get an unsecured loan never happen, banks are hard asses. If I was you I would forget lawn work and get into other things, you will never be rich fuking with dirt don't make the same mistakes I made as a young guy. You are not going to suddenly revelutionize lawn care and strike it rich. Not flaming you but this is just common sense when you run a business to just call up your competitors and you did not have enough experience to even do that so get into something else and talk to other business owners and never believe you know more than them. ps, not being an ass, but if you get offended by what I just said then that proves to me that you will go under, pride comes before the fall

Good luck, I wish I could undo all of my learning experiences.
    Tanning salon and body jewelry store owner............

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
    Yeah forget about going to a bank to get an unsecured loan never happen, banks are hard asses. If I was you I would forget lawn work and get into other things, you will never be rich fuking with dirt don't make the same mistakes I made as a young guy. You are not going to suddenly revelutionize lawn care and strike it rich. Not flaming you but this is just common sense when you run a business to just call up your competitors and you did not have enough experience to even do that so get into something else and talk to other business owners and never believe you know more than them. ps, not being an ass, but if you get offended by what I just said then that proves to me that you will go under, pride comes before the fall

Good luck, I wish I could undo all of my learning experiences.
    Tanning salon and body jewelry store owner............

i'm actual whipping the tears out of my eyes but thatnks for the info. i don't plan on jumping in i have been into it for 5 years now and i am about to graduate college and i have a job lined up were i will be working for a large company so i can get the hangs of things. i was just looking for some stats to see if this is what i want to do in the next five years this isn't a thing i am going to jump into 3 days from now. glad to hear the tanning thing worked out for ya

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy View Post
    i'm actual whipping the tears out of my eyes but thatnks for the info. i don't plan on jumping in i have been into it for 5 years now and i am about to graduate college and i have a job lined up were i will be working for a large company so i can get the hangs of things. i was just looking for some stats to see if this is what i want to do in the next five years this isn't a thing i am going to jump into 3 days from now. glad to hear the tanning thing worked out for ya
    ok

Thread Information