midnight777 is offline Associate Member

Maybe bodybuilding is not for me.....

I am 32 yrs old ..... I had a hernia since I was 27 in college by the way and I never had health insurance so I never got it fixed and never lifted weights.. Well I got it worked on when I was 31.. Then I started lifting weights and guess what I got a belly button hernia.. surgery again... Now I have messed up my forearm.... had to stop lifting weights,, Had 2 personal trainers in between,, I am just so mad all the money I spent on food, trainers, supplements... and keep getting hurt.. sorry for the rant.. I am staying @ my buddies house watching his dogs,, He left an open bar.... This stinks

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    sorry to hear it bro. hopefully you can take some time off, recover and get healthy and maybe start a light routine.

best of luck

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight777 View Post
    I am 32 yrs old ..... I had a hernia since I was 27 in college by the way and I never had health insurance so I never got it fixed and never lifted weights.. Well I got it worked on when I was 31.. Then I started lifting weights and guess what I got a belly button hernia.. surgery again... Now I have messed up my forearm.... had to stop lifting weights,, Had 2 personal trainers in between,, I am just so mad all the money I spent on food, trainers, supplements... and keep getting hurt.. sorry for the rant.. I am staying @ my buddies house watching his dogs,, He left an open bar.... This stinks
    Very nice fella

Some poeple's body's are built a little weaker than others. As long as your body has normal metabolism and hormone levels, it's nothing that exercise can't fix. You just have to take it a little slower and make sure you form is correct. Did the hernia occur in the same place? They say that one the tissue splits, it can never be fully repaired back to normal.

When I started lifting my forearms got stress fractures in them. They heal stronger but I can still feel bumps on the bone. Your body will slowly adjust. i just don't think a running in the Mr. Olympia is in your future, or mine for that matter

midnight777 is offline Associate Member
    no sir I had both groin then belly button, now my forearm... but I will not quit...... just a little depressed, who turned to the bottle......

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    just dont keep turning to the bottle, thats for sure

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    just dont keep turning to the bottle, thats for sure
    Yup, that certainly won't help your problems

Did the doctor ever rcommend A**ominal exercises to maybe strengthen them so maybe they won't be as susceptable to seperation?

Get on some growth hormones. At least go through the motions in the weight room. Make a goal.. Work with doing pushups and dips. Build yourself up to averaging a thousand every other day. That would be pretty cool. I'm pretty sure if I was in your situation I would make THE MOST out of I'm blessed with. Unfortunately I'm a m e s o morph. I'm not prone to injury but injury isn't far off for me. The human body can take a beating but some of the things I put myself isn't exactly natural. Because it's in repetition and overexertion.

Good luck to you and all your endeavors.

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Did you ever consider just doing alot of cardio and sticking to your diet,then throw some light resistance training in there.The lower your bf%the more of your progress you'll see.Just a suggestion

Thread Information