Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member

Myostatin Inhibitor Dog...Pic inside!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myostatin Dog.jpg 
Views:	13674 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	86363

That's what a dog looks like...Mass and no fat! SOLID!

sorel_C is offline Member
    that pics looks weird,, i have a serious doubt it is not photoshop'd

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    repost

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    repost and that dog needs to do calves more

Atomini is offline Banned
    old.

This dog was on the news like half a year ago.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by number twelve View Post
    repost and that dog needs to do calves more
    i agree.....lol sucks to be a dog that big...i'd be afraid my legs were gonna break when i walked around.....

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    That picture is just as real as this one:

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    That head on that dogs body looks retarded. Looks like a puppy lab's head on a bulldogs body.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    That dog is actually real... It's a Whippet, it's about twice the size of an average one due to mytostatin blockage.

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018 View Post
    That dog is actually real... It's a Whippet, it's about twice the size of an average one due to mytostatin blockage.
    THANK YOU!!! Everyone thinks everything is photoshop!!

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myostatin Dog.jpg 
Views:	13674 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	86363

That's what a dog looks like...Mass and no fat! SOLID!
    I'll bet that he gets alot of *****...........

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    That's not real. His legs would break if he tried to run.

It's not a whippet - their skeletal structure is much finer.

Quote Originally Posted by WelshWarrior View Post
    That's not real. His legs would break if he tried to run.

It's not a whippet - their skeletal structure is much finer.
    OH she's real alright, and she is a whippet. Her Name is wendy. I've never actually seen her in real life but she is from my Area and has been in all our local papers.

A couple more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Myostatin Inhibitor Dog...Pic inside!-2192-640.jpg   Myostatin Inhibitor Dog...Pic inside!-whippetdm1207_468x288.jpg  

Oh...and she wasn't a test subject with myostatin inhibitor she was born with a mutation in the myostatin gene

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont see the big deal in all this stuff. Once every month for about the past 3 years someone posts up pics of an animal with a myostatin mutation and then everyone wacks off about it and wonders when we will get a drug to do the same for us.

And everytime I tell them its NOT gonna happen. Our bodies dont react like animals its that simple. We would never build muscle like that, we just arent meant to. And like I have said countless times if this whole myostatin thing is so great and we are gonna have people walking around like monsters than why hasnt it happened yet?

HGH inhibits myostatin by up to 40% already, and we have these same people usings tons of GH, tons of steroids , the best diets in the world and training with the best trainers in the world spending tens of thousands of dollars a year on this and dont get any bigger than Ronnie. Yet people think anyone could take a myostatin blocker and be just the biggest freak ever seen. Like I said...not gonna happen.

But anyways, see you guys again next month when we get another repeat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    I dont see the big deal in all this stuff. Once every month for about the past 3 years someone posts up pics of an animal with a myostatin mutation and then everyone wacks off about it and wonders when we will get a drug to do the same for us.

And everytime I tell them its NOT gonna happen. Our bodies dont react like animals its that simple. We would never build muscle like that, we just arent meant to. .
    Not true.
    In 2004, a German boy was diagnosed with a mutation in both copies of the myostatin-producing gene, making him considerably stronger than his peers. His mother, a former sprinter, has a mutation in one copy of the gene. More recently, an American boy born 2005 was diagnosed with the same condition.
    (wikipedia)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5278028/

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMachine2000 View Post
    Not true.
    In 2004, a German boy was diagnosed with a mutation in both copies of the myostatin-producing gene, making him considerably stronger than his peers. His mother, a former sprinter, has a mutation in one copy of the gene. More recently, an American boy born 2005 was diagnosed with the same condition.
    (wikipedia)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5278028/
    Sorry I missed the part where I said it has never happened to humans?

I said that a myostatin blocking DRUG WONT have the same effect on humans that people think it will.

And everytime I tell them its NOT gonna happen. Our bodies dont react like animals its that simple. We would never build muscle like that, we just arent meant to.
    Well just went through my quote again to see where I said that humans are never effected with a myostatin mutation. Sorry MeanMachine if I wasnt clear in what I said, but I went over it again, like I said, and cant find anything that would lead to you thinking I was speaking of a natural myostatin mutation in humans.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    The x-men are coming, hurrah!

uao85 is offline New Member
    Well just went through my quote again to see where I said that humans are never effected with a myostatin mutation. Sorry MeanMachine if I wasnt clear in what I said, but I went over it again, like I said, and cant find anything that would lead to you thinking I was speaking of a natural myostatin mutation in humans.
    well seeing as its a genetic mutation, I can see it being offered in gene therapy to help reduce the wasting associated with cerebral paulsy or aids wasting syndrome, but I doubt it will come in pill form.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis

And everytime I tell them its NOT gonna happen. Our bodies dont react like animals its that simple. We would never build muscle like that, we just arent meant to. And like I have said countless times if this whole myostatin thing is so great and we are gonna have people walking around like monsters than why hasnt it happened yet?
    HGH inhibits myostatin by up to 40% already, and we have these same people usings tons of GH, tons of steroids , the best diets in the world and training with the best trainers in the world spending tens of thousands of dollars a year on this and dont get any bigger than Ronnie. Yet people think anyone could take a myostatin blocker and be just the biggest freak ever seen. Like I said...not gonna happen.

But anyways, see you guys again next month when we get another repeat lol.
    It hasn't happened yet because it is a relatively new discovery. Actually, in order for you to "inhibit" your Myostatin gene, it would require gene therapy. This would have to be administered via a retrovirus using rDNA. You would have to essentially infect yourself with a virus that would "turn off" the myostatin gene in all of your cells. Remember, each cell (that undergoes Mitosis) has an exact genetic copy of every other cell in your body. So, in order to turn off the gene, you would have to infect every cell, or a large majority of the cells with the retrovirus that would 'turn off' that gene. Then, after a few months if those cells underwent Mitosis enough times all of your cells would now be "Myostatin blocked."

In regards to the second comment about being the biggest freak anyones ever seen. Well, this is also very different. GH, Steroids, Diet, Training, and etc, are all limited within the parameters of your genetics. Yes, you can use any steroidal or peptide compound available, have the best diet, and the best training, and chances are the majority of people will never attain the kind of physiques we see on stage at Olympia. However, Myostatin will level the playing field so to speak. You are essentially, changing your genetic makeup. Now, god given ability and capability will no longer be a limit. Anyone who has enough money, and so desires to change their genetic makeup will be able to do so (eventually, this is all very new technology and some is only theory at this time). So yes, if the technology advances to a point that an effective Myostatin gene therapy is developed, it will allow people who would have otherwise average or sub-par physiques to attain the kind of physiques we see on stage. The Myostatin gene is what LIMITS the amount of muscle a person is able to put on their frame. Chances are, that the "genetic freaks" we see on stage are not as heavily affected by this limiting mechanism which is written into our genes. Now, although this gene will have no effect on the shape or symmetry of muscles, it will allow more 'average' people to attain the MASS results of those with much more 'above average' genetics.

I am going to guess that a lot of people who are genetically gifted, are going to view advances such as these very negatively. They most likely want people to be "below" them and dont want people to be able to achieve the kind of physiques that they have, even if the other person diets&trains just as hard as them, they like the fact they are seperated by god given or genetic ability. This is not unusual, most people are afraid of change, and even more want to feel "better" than others, based on a number of parameters, but genetics is just as good as any.

The whole point of what I was saying is that if this supposed drug is gonna be so great why dont we see anything amazing with HGH which ALREADY inhibits myostatin by up to 40%.

I know exactly how gene inhibition works and about DNA, rDNA, tRNA, mitosis, apoptosis etc etc and have written several papers on DNA sequencing. This isnt something new to me or something I need explained. My entire post was the fact that I just think people overestimate the power of a potential myostatin blocker; as I explained through extrapolation of hGH results.

Same as someone new to AAS thinks its gonna make them super huge, then...wow I dont look anything like a pro. Then people who mildly use AAS thinking ok its GH time im gonna be pro material, then...wow I dont look anything like a pro. Its a personal opinion and I just think if this technology is ever introduced people will be disappointed.

The whole point of what I was saying is that if this supposed drug is gonna be so great why dont we see anything amazing with HGH which ALREADY inhibits myostatin by up to 40%.

I know exactly how gene inhibition works and about DNA, rDNA, tRNA, mitosis, apoptosis etc etc and have written several papers on DNA sequencing. This isnt something new to me or something I need explained. My entire post was the fact that I just think people overestimate the power of a potential myostatin blocker; as I explained through extrapolation of hGH results.

Same as someone new to AAS thinks its gonna make them super huge, then...wow I dont look anything like a pro. Then people who mildly use AAS thinking ok its GH time im gonna be pro material, then...wow I dont look anything like a pro. Its a personal opinion and I just think if this technology is ever introduced people will be disappointed.
    I wasn't making any assumptions about your knowledge on the subject. Sorry if I somehow offended you bro. I was really writing a general post on the subject directed to all members, not just yourself. Some of it is my opinion as well. It's good for us to speculate and have these debates, they are very enlightening. Time will tell with this I guess, we'll see what happens with the technology.

hauss man is offline Member
    i am a chem major and this was a topic in one of my classes one day, upon seeing this dog i did a little research of my own about the "bully" whippet.

these dogs are often put down after they are born and usually don't have quite the size and muscular appearance as wendy. simply wendy is the extreme of what any "bully" whippet can look like

i agree 100%

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. I wonder what the condition is of the German toddler who had the genetic disorder. The article is a few years old, so I would think there would be more profound development. I would think this type of disorder would cause organs, particularly the heart to grow to large. Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac View Post
    Interesting. I wonder what the condition is of the German toddler who had the genetic disorder. The article is a few years old, so I would think there would be more profound development. I would think this type of disorder would cause organs, particularly the heart to grow to large. Anybody know?
    i cant remember but i believe it does make certain organs grow larger than normal
    the life expectancy of the "bully" whippets are much shorter than an average whippet

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    ------------question already answered---------------------
    Last edited by qualityclrk1; 12-04-2007 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    I wasn't making any assumptions about your knowledge on the subject. Sorry if I somehow offended you bro. I was really writing a general post on the subject directed to all members, not just yourself. Some of it is my opinion as well. It's good for us to speculate and have these debates, they are very enlightening. Time will tell with this I guess, we'll see what happens with the technology.
    Why do you have STOP SNITCHIN for an avatar? Shouldn't it be Stop Killin? Not flamin, just wondering...

Castradomus is offline Junior Member
    that is freaking awesome, i mean its a whippet, yet it looks like something straight out of the depths of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO View Post
    Why do you have STOP SNITCHIN for an avatar? Shouldn't it be Stop Killin? Not flamin, just wondering...
    its in reference to all the rolling over that people did during raw deal...so hence, people need to stop snitching, or "ratting" as others would call it...

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    its in reference to all the rolling over that people did during raw deal...so hence, people need to stop snitching, or "ratting" as others would call it...
    I'm lost...lol. Leaving avatar alone...lol.

Thread Information