Big Roy is offline Associate Member

Why are athletes confessing to HGH when it can't be detected?

Correct me if I'm wrong but in a p*is test. It can't be detected.

Juicy J is offline Associate Member
    i dont think it can

Atomini is offline Banned
    Popularity?

stacked566 is offline Associate Member
    Its hard to test for in blood tests, however if we look at the physiology of GH we can find out how it is tested for and why its difficult to pinpoint exogenous GH use. Growth hormone release natrurally starts at the hypothalamus. It releases the tropic factor for GH known as (GNRH) in response to excercise, sleep, hypoglycemia epsisodes, etc etc. Then the GNRH stimulates the anterior pituitary gland to release growth hormone which then goes to effect its specific tissues. If a blood test is taken and relatively high levels of GH are found, then the doctor has to look at tropic hormone levels (GNRH) and growth hormone metabolite levels. If GNRH levels are high, as they are in most athletes who excercise vigorously and follow a good diet, then we can expect GH levels to be rather high. If the growth hormone metabolites are low, then we can assume the hepatorenal pathway of destruction of growth hormone has been blunted. If GNRH levels are low, GH levels are high, and the metabolites are high, we can expect either an ectopic tumor on the pituitary gland producing GH, or exogenous GH use. So in reality, unless that happens, it would be hard to nail down a GH user unless there is proof of possession, purchase, or use of GH.

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    The chinese claim to have an accurate HGH test ready for the games.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Ive read that there is a test for gh that will be implemented by the IOC soon

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    I always thought there was a test and thats how people were getting busted for it. I guess people were only getting busted from them admitting it or someone telling on them.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Andy Pettite admitted to using it a couple of times in 2002, 3 years before baseball banned it. Now they are talking about punishing him for it. That makes no sense, its like if in a couple of years they ban all protein powders. Then retroactively begin punishing everyone that took non dietary protein as cheaters because increase protein intake has performance enhancing properties. Were does it end?

feanixco is offline Banned
    No clue...deny, deny, deny. "Protein drinks and oatmeal over here but thanks for the compliment."

feanixco is offline Banned
    He used it for 2 days? WTF is that all about.....

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stacked566 View Post
    Its hard to test for in blood tests, however if we look at the physiology of GH we can find out how it is tested for and why its difficult to pinpoint exogenous GH use. Growth hormone release natrurally starts at the hypothalamus. It releases the tropic factor for GH known as (GNRH) in response to excercise, sleep, hypoglycemia epsisodes, etc etc. Then the GNRH stimulates the anterior pituitary gland to release growth hormone which then goes to effect its specific tissues. If a blood test is taken and relatively high levels of GH are found, then the doctor has to look at tropic hormone levels (GNRH) and growth hormone metabolite levels. If GNRH levels are high, as they are in most athletes who excercise vigorously and follow a good diet, then we can expect GH levels to be rather high. If the growth hormone metabolites are low, then we can assume the hepatorenal pathway of destruction of growth hormone has been blunted. If GNRH levels are low, GH levels are high, and the metabolites are high, we can expect either an ectopic tumor on the pituitary gland producing GH, or exogenous GH use. So in reality, unless that happens, it would be hard to nail down a GH user unless there is proof of possession, purchase, or use of GH.

Are you sure you meant GnRH, or did you mean GhRH-(growth hormone releasing hormone). GnRH from what I remember in endo classes was that it directly stimulates FSH and LH. Where GhRH directly stimulates HGH. I could be wrong about GnRH its been a few years since my last endo class.

Stock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by feanixco View Post
    He used it for 2 days? WTF is that all about.....
    It's the same as "but I didnt inhale..."

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i assume they are admitting it because they must have SUCH overwhelming evidence that if he does deny it in front of a federal jury, he can get some serious trouble maybe even jail. why do you think marion jones admitted to steroids ? they put you in a compromising position, but tell you it will be less severe if you tell the truth. (which is usually bullshit) him saying he used it for only 2 days is a cop out. that is just damage control to make the situation look better.

Thread Information