Nathan is offline Retired Moderator

The Origin of Species

Has anyone read it? Well, don't if you haven't wasted your time already. It is the most God damn BORING book ever written. I tells ya. Damn school, making me read it. Just thought I'd give you all a heads up.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I bought it at an airport bookstore...started reading it, got to about page 86 and said "Why in the F*** am I reading this? I'm not in school anymore". I bought it because I susbscribe to Darwins theory of Natural Selection and evolution, and I wanted some ammo for when my friend (who happens to be a devote catholic) and I engage in theological discusions over drinks.

P

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    It's pretty rough, eh? For such a smart guy, he has no sense of entertainment. He didn't even through in any pictures or diagrams. That would at least given me something to look at.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I know...he kept yammering on and on about the Galapagos Islands and about his trip on the Beagle....what he needed was a few bottles of Rye and a woman.

Speaking of Galapagos, read the book by Kurt Vonnegut if you get a chance...great read.

P

CYCLEON Guest
    Pete235 - awfull hard to argue what you dont know about so if you have never read origins, how do you know evolution happened??????

Hey, if you really want some good amo for your catholic friend go read "Finding Darwin's God: A Scientist's Search for Common Ground Between God and Evolution" - that will cripple anyone that thinks that the earth is 8,000 years old (Usher Theory) but the book is pretty interesting reading.

BTW - I believe in Creation and Evolutionary theory (they are not mutually exclusive, as is often thought)

Thread Information