Thread: question

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

question

I left my old job and they owed me over 3 weeks in paid time off. I have pay checks stubs that show 120+ hours. Well i got the check today and they only paid me for 40 hours. Don't hey have to legally pay me all of it. Does anyone know for a fact? They HR dept told me i would get the check for my owed time. They never said anything about only 40 hours

importeater91 is offline Member
    hmm i always thought that if you left a job, you lost your PTO. when i left my previous job they didnt give me mine but i only had about 10 days worth

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    She said for your owed time not all your time. You have to check with HR and see what PTO they pay you for. A company doesn't have to pay you any PTO when you leave.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    These people know for a fact:
    http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/

The Federal Department of Labor, Wage & Hour division. Call 'em up, or snail mail 'em with a copy of what you've got with your question, and they'll not only answer your question, but if there's anything wrong, they are the ones who have the authority to shut your old boss down if they're doing anything wrong. Ya, employers take great pains to keep these people happy . . .

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Thanks Tock. i just emailed them. They said i would get a response in 3 business days.

Thread Information