Thread: Zicam

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished

Zicam

The makes of zicam claim it shortens the duration and severity of the cold.

Don’t let another annoying cold slow you down when you can least afford it – take Zicam Cold Remedy at the first sign and you'll be over your cold faster.

What is in this crap and does it work? It's kinda expensive, how do you know it does anything?

Ncogneato is offline Associate Member
    Zinc

Well I read their website and they claim zinc produces more t-cells, but I'm curious by what mechanism. They cite a girl with lukemia given zinc administered to correct a deficiency and stimulate T-cell lymphocyte responsiveness. But she had a deficency so to me that doesn't prove anything. The other clinical studies they have up realate to the durration of symtoms. If zinc promotes t-cells in healthy people why can't they show a study of t-cell production through blood draws. I'm leaning toward B.S.. It's hella expensive for zinc.

Ncogneato is offline Associate Member
    Yes, it is expensive. So much so that I have never bought it. I usually just hit up the vitamin C, Echinacea and pure zinc tabs when I start feeling cold symtoms. Airborn is pretty much the same thing, I have used it and would probably use it again. As far as the mechanism by which they work....., I have no idea.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post

Don’t let another annoying cold slow you down when you can least afford it – take Zicam Cold Remedy at the first sign and you'll be over your cold faster.

What is in this crap and does it work? It's kinda expensive, how do you know it does anything?
    it does work. my parents use it and really like it.

KJSolid is offline Associate Member
    I have used it once and it seemed to work. I did add alot of vit c and zinc also so I do not know if zicam was the only thing but I got healthy relatively quick.

3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member
    how do you know it has made your cold shorter or not?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post

Stop talking about your cold, you already got me another warning !

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Stop talking about your cold, you already got me another warning !
    lol, I got a spanking from admin on that one too, sorry dsm. I'm a baby when it comes to being sick, and whatever this is it's nasty, 103 fever.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    placebo effect i would imagine, and if it does work i doubt its worth the price or lives up to the hype.

applies to pretty much everything and anything, 'too good to be true, probably is' otherwise we would see zero obesity rates from all these lazy obese people taking magic weight loss pills

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    lol yeh great goin on that thread kratos....i got popped with my first warning =( ...lol and i've used Zicam and it has seemed to work for me, but like everyone else i've popped some vitamin c with it...i used the spray for the nostril and also those new dissolve tabs....seem both did the trick, but i'm no scientist maybe jsut a fool for a placebo?

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by qualityclrk1
    lol yeh great goin on that thread kratos....i got popped with my first warning =( ...lol and i've used Zicam and it has seemed to work for me, but like everyone else i've popped some vitamin c with it...i used the spray for the nostril and also those new dissolve tabs....seem both did the trick, but i'm no scientist maybe jsut a fool for a placebo?
    i think we're all a little susceptible to the placebo effect, maybe not a totally bad thing?

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    i think we're all a little susceptible to the placebo effect, maybe not a totally bad thing?
    all i know is that i didn't get sick like i thought i was....if it was mental or physical or the cold was non-existant to start with- it was worth every cent...i can't afford to be sick, i'm too busy this time of year....

Thread Information