3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member

Cell phone number question

I'm going to be moving soon to another area of the country. I've had this cell number for over 4 years now and everyone has it and I don't want to change it. What is the prevailing trend with this issue given the massive proliferation of the communication industry, especially with regards to cell phones? Is it becoming more and more standard to stay with one number regardless with where you are because of how entrenched one's number becomes attached to identity? I'm asking specifically about area codes and just how important it is to change it with your current location - of course it's easy to keep the same seven base numbers. Personally I'd like to keep this number for the rest of my life if possible. What is everyone's experience with this?

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    my best friend was in the air force and now he's out and he has a # from another state and has had it that way for yrs now, it deff can be done.the only prob is u cant call him from a landline cause then its long distance

3bd
    yes, this is really the core issue isn't it - having a call become long distance because of the area code difference. this is what i'm really trying to figure out. what do we think the near future will yeild with regards to this? because i think most would agree that "long distance" within one's home country has become pointless. I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight with how soon this will change, if it hasn't already.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Not a big deal. Nobody pays for long distance anymore so area codes are irrelevant.

3bd
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post
    Not a big deal. Nobody pays for long distance anymore so area codes are irrelevant.
    I agree, but I'm looking for evidence of this trend if anyone has any. I have to be available 24/7 because of the nauture of my profession and I would hate for my company to pay "long distance" for people under my employment calling me from two miles away. Know what I mean?

3bd
    *** bump ***

The only reason I brought this question up was because it will be experienced by each of us sooner or later.

What will you do?

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bd View Post
    *** bump ***

The only reason I brought this question up was because it will be experienced by each of us sooner or later.

What will you do?
    why not ask your provider?

3bd
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13 View Post
    why not ask your provider?
    Good point Logan... and I will. I'm kinda curious however if anyone on the boards has already gone through this scenario, what they did, and how it worked out overall for them.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    my friend has been living in vegas for 7 years now and still has a chicago phone number..its not a problem..nobody pays for long distance anymore..

3bd
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814 View Post
    my friend has been living in vegas for 7 years now and still has a chicago phone number..its not a problem..nobody pays for long distance anymore..
    Agreed. Thanks to all of you who gave input on my question.

Thread Information