Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    darkseed is offline Associate Member
    Amen to that Green!!!

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    The reccession is mostly happening because the housing market has cooled off and is in the process to do a price reduction.

Paying more in taxes to support people who can't afford a home in the first place, does nothing to help that situation.

What you want is tax cuts... so that a person can have more income to buy a home... those people who actually can afford one, the more tax-cuts the more people will fall into that zone.

Government bailouts, tariffs, subsidizing does nothing except make the country poorer overall.. Companies that can't stay afloat naturally, need to re-evaluate their situation, get educated, and get into a field that they can prosper in..

Using my and your tax money to support companies that otherwise will go out of business is stupid,.. cause it makes their product more expensive..

so in the end we are getting taxed more.. and on the other hand we are going to be paying more for a product, we could have had cheaper if the failing business goes out of business.

importing cheap goods from other countries, actually make our country richer, because it gives foreigners U,S dollars.... and they have to do something with those dollars, and they usually end up investing it into our markets, supporting our economy..

IMPORTS always have to equal EXPORT.
    if our EXPORTS are not in Maufactured goods/ or service FORM, than they have to come in some other form.. in our case its usually INVESTMENTS.

(these foreign countries do not want to horde U.S dollars we give them for their goods... because the U.S dollar loses value over time.. therefore they are forced to invest that money into our economy)

so its kind of like highway robbery, we get cheap products from these other nations, and in the end we end up getting our money back too. ... they call it borrowed money.. but at any time if we wanted to.. we can tell them F U u aint getting it back and we got the guns to support that, of course if we did that than our cheap imports would cease too... since we're their number 1 customer, they wouldn't like that very much, would destroy their economies.
    Last edited by Pooks; 02-13-2008 at 11:14 AM.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
    He's in saudi arabia in some family members estate, he's not in no caveHe just does photo opsDo you know how cold a cave is?
    no I dont really know howcold a cave in Afghanastan is because i have never been inside one. Also I appologize because I didnt realize we actually knew where he was, duh that estate over there, lets just let him be. How un-informed I am, I had no idea we knew where he was.

most intel points still to the afghan/paki border but favors Pakistan.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    We were not involved in the middle east before, and it let to the crisis of 1979 ( i think, wasn't born yet hehe?)
    Did you ever hear of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi?

We've had Europe occupied since "liberation" in 1945, and they are not complaining... we can do the same with Iraq, now after "liberating" it, it is starting to come together.
    Who are we to "liberate" Iraq?

Right now we control the Seas, the Air, and vital spots all around the world, we've been doing this since 1945, virtually taking over after the collapse of the British Empire after ww2.. thats why we are who we are, and we are doing so good as a country,even now during a 'reccession'.
    I agree with most things you say about the economy, but your view on foreign policy is that of an Empire or an Imperialistic nation, which, need I remind you, we are NOT supposed to be. This is not the nation our founding fathers laid out for us.

bigt10 is offline Member
    Why should we be controlling the seas, air, and policing the rest of the world with the peoples money???

Our dollar is falling to shit, economy is crap, and we keep ecumlating more debt.

The problem seems to be everyone wants to just keep spending. Somewhere you have to cut the spending. its all fine and dandy but where is this money going to come from?

printing it certainly has made things worse and borrowing is no good.

our only business with other nations should be trade.

i am not saying you guys are wrong. but other problems in the world dont have anything to do with america, we need to defend our own country and our own borders.
    -------------------------------

Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
    Thomas Jefferson

Money, not morality, is the principle commerce of civilized nations.
    Thomas Jefferson

Never spend your money before you have earned it.
    Thomas Jefferson

Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it.
    Thomas Jefferson

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.
    Thomas Jefferson

-------------------

One more thing, Barack Obama will be president if he beats Hillary, which I think he might do. There is no way that a pro-war republican who can't even bring his party together will beat a very well-spoken young democrat with the type of name recognition that Obama has. I will not be voting for him though or Mccain or any candidate for that matter.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    One more thing, Barack Obama will be president if he beats Hillary, which I think he might do. There is no way that a pro-war republican who can't even bring his party together will beat a very well-spoken young democrat with the type of name recognition that Obama has. I will not be voting for him though or Mccain or any candidate for that matter.
    So you will sit out in protest? Stay home?
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    So you will sit out in protest? Stay home?
    Sitting out in protest is a little ridiculous. The reason, I'm not going to vote is because there is no one for me to vote FOR.

bigt10 is offline Member
    He wont win, its sad this country was sold a long time ago. It makes some upset that care so much to see how great of a nation this could be just keep going lower.

Sitting out in protest is a little ridiculous. The reason, I'm not going to vote is because there is no one for me to vote FOR.
    In other words. You're sitting out in protest.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    Like I said before Id vote for Ron Paul but I would feel like Im wasteing my vote. Its a shame that he as not gotten the media coverage that the others are getting. If people would get to hear his message, he would have a much better chance. Obama will get my vote, I just feel he can actually bring americans closer with each other and through out the world. Id like to see him oppoint Ron Pauls to a kick ass position though. If he wins thats is....

bigt10 is offline Member
    whos closest to ron paul?????????????

(who is actually going to fix our national debt, stop wasting money, stop policing the world, fix our falling dollar, reduce spending, and get back to our constitution)

Quote Originally Posted by bigt10 View Post
    whos closest to ron paul?????????????

(who is actually going to fix our national debt, stop wasting money, stop policing the world, fix our falling dollar, reduce spending, and get back to our constitution)
    NOT! McCain.

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    NOT! McCain.
    true that.....and my thread got hijacked damn it lol.....i was wanting to know more about OBAMA....not Osama, or McCain, or the bush regime and how we fuked up...i know thats a mess...did anyone here vote for bush in either election? and don't be a chicken sh*t- what fooled you last time? or do u not regret the vote?

Quote Originally Posted by qualityclrk1 View Post
    true that.....and my thread got hijacked damn it lol.....i was wanting to know more about OBAMA....not Osama, or McCain, or the bush regime and how we fuked up...i know thats a mess...did anyone here vote for bush in either election? and don't be a chicken sh*t- what fooled you last time? or do u not regret the vote?
    That is what I don't get about McCain supporters. McCain has backed all of Bush's policies. McCain is more of the same.

In other words. You're sitting out in protest.
    No, like I said, I'm not voting because I have no one to vote FOR. If I see a viable candidate for America than I'll vote, but I won't for someone whose policies I do not agree with. I won't vote for someone because they give nice speeches and stir emotions, and I won't vote for someone cause they'll "kick ass" in Iraq either. In other words I'm not voting because I have no option, but it's not because I'm protesting anything.

No, like I said, I'm not voting because I have no one to vote FOR. If I see a viable candidate for America than I'll vote, but I won't for someone whose policies I do not agree with. I won't vote for someone because they give nice speeches and stir emotions, and I won't vote for someone cause they'll "kick ass" in Iraq either. In other words I'm not voting because I have no option, but it's not because I'm protesting anything.
    It's the same thing. Either way, you're staying home.

If I did not like both candidates I would vote for the one I'd think would fuck up the least. That's why I voted for Gore in the last election. Yeah, I didn't like either but I felt Bush would screw things up more and I was right.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If people don't want to vote, that's fine, but they don't have the right to complain about policy in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    If people don't want to vote, that's fine, but they don't have the right to complain about policy in the future.
    That makes no sense. What your saying is even if you don't like any of the candidates you have to vote for one of them or else you can't dissaprove of their policies that you already dissaproved of in the first place. That's a really wise choice.

How about this instead. Voting is a right, not an obligation. You have as much of a right to not vote as you do have a right to vote. If you don't support either candidate in the general election you do not have to vote for any of them. The kicker is, you can still dissaprove of their policies AND be happy that you didn't vote for them. Oh, and please don't let me hear anymore garbage about voting "for the lesser of two evils" or strategic voting.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoXracer View Post
    You can't blame Obama because this guy didn't take the time to learn his accomplishments. It does not mean he doesn't have any. It means this guy is not very bright.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    McCain is bout to die in a few months anyways. Hell, man looks like hes dead already.

Why not try Obama? Hes new, brings change, very smart, great speaker.....sounds good

then again, so was Hitler....oh shiz

SaSqUaDgE is offline Senior Member
    im going obama because hillary wants to make our main language spanish? wtf?!?!

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaSqUaDgE View Post
    im going obama because hillary wants to make our main language spanish? wtf?!?!
    where is the source of that information?

Synyster is offline Associate Member
    just do a process of elimination...... its gotta be OBAMA!!! he's the only logical choice. Hillary seems so freakin indecisive at times....and McCain is too damn old!!!

That is what I don't get about McCain supporters. McCain has backed all of Bush's policies. McCain is more of the same.

Which is fine...

Just need to get more aggressive with spending cuts.

The democrats always try to associate the middle class of america with poor people and people on welfare.. The middle class of America need to start associating themselves more with people who are wealthy and well off. They have more in common with people who build businesss's and build America, than heroin addicts in some alley somewhere..

so YES to bush TAX cuts.. like the other BUSH. v CLINTON tax post mentioned.. with the bush tax cuts.. a person making 30 grand saves 5k!!!!

thats a lot of money.. thats the difference between a cheap ass used car.. and a decent brand new sedan for that person.
    Last edited by Pooks; 02-21-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Which is fine...
    More of the same might be fine for you but not for the rest of us.

More of the same might be fine for you but not for the rest of us.
    after the second round of Tax Cuts in 03...

resulting.. in an economic boom of 2003-2007

There was absolutely Nothing wrong with this Nation.

----Houses being built everywhere like never before..
    --- Pretty much everyone with a job driving Brand new SUV's
    --- Business booming everywhere, Service sector expanding like never before in history.
    --- Full employment pretty much.

Yes we had the Iraqi war, and now thinking back it was extremely sensationalized by the Media back than, with stupid SHeehan protests and all that stuff..

In the end as it turns out we're gonna win the war, and secure ourselves valuable resources and maintain or strengthen our standing as the top dog in the world.

Those are good things.. now we got an economic recession looming, but they are taking the right steps to ensure recovery.. more tax cuts etc.. and are trying to ratchet down some spending..

those are the proper steps, and we'll get out of it.. and enjoy even lower taxes, and even more prosperity..

but if the DEMS get in the office, and get rid of Bush's Tax Cuts and start taking the country in another direction, with Unversal Health Care, and bunch of taxing things.. its all gonna start going down fast.

1. Economy will get stiffled.. leading to more unemployment, and less income.
    1. our standing in the world will suffer, meaning resources might become more rare and expensive..

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    "Now theres one thing you might have noticed I DON'T complain about... politicians. Everybody complains about politicians, everyone says they suck. Well where do you think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through some membrane from another reality. They come from American parents, American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businessess, American colleges, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer, it's what our system produces. Garbage in. Garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, your gonna get selfish ignorant leaders... and term limits aint gonna do you any good, you're just gonna wind up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So maybe, maybe its not the politicians who suck, maybe somthin' else sucks around here... like... the public. Yeah, the public sucks! There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody! 'The public sucks, FVCK HOPE. FVCK HOPE'.

Because if its really just the fault of these politicians, then where are all the other bright people of conscience? Where are all the bright honest intelligent Americans ready to step in and save the nation and lead the way? We dont have people like that in this country! Everybody's at the MALL scratching his ass, picking his nose, taking his credit card out of his fanny pack and buying a pair of SNEAKERS WITH LIGHTS IN THEM! So I have solved this little political dilemma for myself in a very simple way: I stay home! I dont vote, FVCK 'EM! FVCK 'EM! I don't vote! 2 reasons. 2 reasons I don't vote: first of all, it's MEANINGLESS! This country was bought, sold, and paid for a LONG time ago. The shit they shuffle around every four years, pfft pfft pfft, DOESN'T MEAN A FVCKIN' THING! And secondly, I don't vote because I believe if you vote, you have no right to complain! People like to twist that around, I know, they say: well, if you don't vote you have no right to complain. Well, wheres the logic in that? If you vote and you elect dishonest incompetent people and they get into office and screw everything up, well YOU are responsible for what they have done, YOU caused the problem, YOU voted them in, YOU have no right to complain. I... on the other hand... WHO DID NOT VOTE, WHO DID NOT VOTE, WHO INFACT DID NOT EVEN LEAVE THE HOUSE ON ELECTION DAY, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain as loud as I want about the mess YOU created that I had nothing to do with.

So, I know that a little later on this year you're gonna have another one of those swell presidentail elections that you like so much. You'll enjoy yourselves, it'll be alot of fun. I'm sure as soon as the election is over, your country will improve immediately. As for me, i'll be home that day doing essentially the same thing as you, the only difference is:

When I get finished masturbating, i'm gonna have a little something to show for it, folks."
    - George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u6lCBnRoHQ

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    "Now theres one thing you might have noticed I DON'T complain about... politicians. Everybody complains about politicians, everyone says they suck. Well where do you think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through some membrane from another reality. They come from American parents, American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businessess, American colleges, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer, it's what our system produces. Garbage in. Garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, your gonna get selfish ignorant leaders... and term limits aint gonna do you any good, you're just gonna wind up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So maybe, maybe its not the politicians who suck, maybe somthin' else sucks around here... like... the public. Yeah, the public sucks! There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody! 'The public sucks, FVCK HOPE. FVCK HOPE'.

Because if its really just the fault of these politicians, then where are all the other bright people of conscience? Where are all the bright honest intelligent Americans ready to step in and save the nation and lead the way? We dont have people like that in this country! Everybody's at the MALL scratching his ass, picking his nose, taking his credit card out of his fanny pack and buying a pair of SNEAKERS WITH LIGHTS IN THEM! So I have solved this little political dilemma for myself in a very simple way: I stay home! I dont vote, FVCK 'EM! FVCK 'EM! I don't vote! 2 reasons. 2 reasons I don't vote: first of all, it's MEANINGLESS! This country was bought, sold, and paid for a LONG time ago. The shit they shuffle around every four years, pfft pfft pfft, DOESN'T MEAN A FVCKIN' THING! And secondly, I don't vote because I believe if you vote, you have no right to complain! People like to twist that around, I know, they say: well, if you don't vote you have no right to complain. Well, wheres the logic in that? If you vote and you elect dishonest incompetent people and they get into office and screw everything up, well YOU are responsible for what they have done, YOU caused the problem, YOU voted them in, YOU have no right to complain. I... on the other hand... WHO DID NOT VOTE, WHO DID NOT VOTE, WHO INFACT DID NOT EVEN LEAVE THE HOUSE ON ELECTION DAY, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain as loud as I want about the mess YOU created that I had nothing to do with.

So, I know that a little later on this year you're gonna have another one of those swell presidentail elections that you like so much. You'll enjoy yourselves, it'll be alot of fun. I'm sure as soon as the election is over, your country will improve immediately. As for me, i'll be home that day doing essentially the same thing as you, the only difference is:

When I get finished masturbating, i'm gonna have a little something to show for it, folks."
    - George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u6lCBnRoHQ
    Cool sounds like u're an anarchist.

Thats' what I am too..

I was always confused though bout the anarchist movement..
    cause they tend to wear Che Guevera shirts n stuff like that..
    which is really just communists... which did not align properly at all with my believes.. cause thats again government control over everyone else..

than tnx to Ron Paul.. i see there are different branches of anarchy..

socialist-anarchism.. which is the popular culture, che gueverra shit.. which is basically just about legalizing drugs I think.. and some anti-establishment protests.. and its basically a bunch of crock of shit... these people support Democrats overall usually, do to their promises of allowing criminals of the hook easy and in exchange for democrat votes..

thankfully tnx to Ron Paul.. I found anarcho-capitalism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism

Which is more about Individual Freedoms and property rights.. which also is eventually about legalizing drugs, cause gov't stay out of your business... which is perfect. Because it truely is the NO-GOVT intervention anarchism. This is the real deal.

and oddly enough it should push people more towards support Republicans over democrats.

Rotary is offline Associate Member
    You went from Ron Paul to Barack ? That should tell you something.

**has someone fainted? can we get an EMT? right here. oh, and here's a water bottle.**

"i am for hope, and change, is that not honorable? " :

"path to legalization whoo!!!"

i have a sneak peak of Obamas notepad

CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE

SaSqUaDgE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qualityclrk1 View Post
    where is the source of that information?
    it was brought up on news awhile ago when the gov was doing a vote for united states main language my teacher also talked bout it in my Goverment class

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    In Portugal we have the same problem as you guys. Ingnorant, dishonest public, turning into dishonest, ignorant politicians. But unlike George Gatlin I go vote everytime. It was a hard earned civil right accomplished by my grandfather and others like him. But I still have the right to complaint as I never made a "X" in any piece of paper. I go there, receive the paper, fold the paper and deliver it just like that. That is my way to protest.

As for your elections. I would honestly go for Hillary. I could never trust someone who could never show me what were his accomplishments in the past.

When you go buy a car. Would you spend your money on a never tested model or on a proven one for the same price? I know what I would do.

Like we say in Portugal: "To speak is easy!"
    Last edited by hugovsilva; 02-22-2008 at 01:05 AM.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    if obama wins he'll be sworn in with the koran instead of bible.HELLO!the koran!i'll vote for hillary...the lesser of two evils!
    Last edited by inky-e; 02-22-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    if obama wins he'll be sworn in with the koran instead of bible.HELLO!the koran!i'll vote for hillary...the lesser of two evils!
    Who told you this lie? He's Christian and attends a Christian church.

Hello!!!!!!!!you are wrong Pal!!!! He goes to a church of christ in s. chicago.

youngerlion is offline Banned
    im goin for obama, hillarys universal health care solution betters obamas solution but he is the stronger candidate. I like the point he makes when he says "need for religious people to translate their concerns into universal, rather than religion-specific, values during public debate." Im so frustrated with the ignorant comments about his name or "maybe he is a muslim"? wtf Honestly, "christianity" or "faith" has obviously not been a persuasive factor in good policy for our presidents. Vote smart people .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zkEUda92a1c&feature=related

I like the video,, cause the radio host looks like he completely can't hang with guy in discussing politics

youngerlion is offline Banned

"idiocracy" it may exist

After you actually read some type of informative material and figure out that he claims the same faith you preach to care about. ask yourself...what does him putting a hand on a bible have to do with anything besides your own ideological personal comfort.

after the second round of Tax Cuts in 03...

resulting.. in an economic boom of 2003-2007

There was absolutely Nothing wrong with this Nation.

----Houses being built everywhere like never before..
    --- Pretty much everyone with a job driving Brand new SUV's
    --- Business booming everywhere, Service sector expanding like never before in history.
    --- Full employment pretty much.

Yes we had the Iraqi war, and now thinking back it was extremely sensationalized by the Media back than, with stupid SHeehan protests and all that stuff..

In the end as it turns out we're gonna win the war, and secure ourselves valuable resources and maintain or strengthen our standing as the top dog in the world.

Those are good things.. now we got an economic recession looming, but they are taking the right steps to ensure recovery.. more tax cuts etc.. and are trying to ratchet down some spending..

those are the proper steps, and we'll get out of it.. and enjoy even lower taxes, and even more prosperity..

but if the DEMS get in the office, and get rid of Bush's Tax Cuts and start taking the country in another direction, with Unversal Health Care, and bunch of taxing things.. its all gonna start going down fast.

1. Economy will get stiffled.. leading to more unemployment, and less income.
    1. our standing in the world will suffer, meaning resources might become more rare and expensive..

Brother come to the south and see if things are good. Come look at all the factories that closed in NC. Manfacturing jobs are going to China, India. And all the cotton mills are going to Mexico. Not to mention Bank of America(which is based in Charlotte) just sent 2500 jobs to India 2 months ago. Its affecting people from all walks of life. At the rate we are going the rich are getting richer and the poor get poorer and the middle class hasnt got a raise in years while everything continues rise in cost.
    You are in denial bro. Watch the news, look at the polls, the #1 concern among americas working class is the economy. But maybe you in a well to do area and cant see it for yourself, must not affect you...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information