Diary of a Mad-man is offline Associate Member

Random question, studding my dog

Whats up people? I dont post much, but I have lurked on here for EVER. But I have this random idea and I figured that the people on this board would know. Lots of talk about dogs in here.

I wanted to stud out my American Eskimo. I bred my dogs twice in the past and had mom fixed, as that was the craziest pain in the ass I have ever experienced. The dad is registered, and still randy. He is a beautiful specimen. I keep seeing more and more of them around my city. 2 of my freinds have them. Keith Ledger had one LOL (seriously). Anywho........

Any body know of any good websites I could check out? I couldnt find anything when I searched the search engines.

Any body have any general knowledge of how this works, if its profitable, worth my time, etc.? I know people are usually more into breeding pit bulls.

It would be nice to find a website where I just find people around my area who want my dog obviously, if there is one out there.
    Last edited by Diary of a Mad-man; 03-06-2008 at 09:45 PM.

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    lol hey man my grandma has an american eskimo...not the miniature, and not the biggest, but the size in between and that mother f*cker sheds like crazy....white dog hair everywhere if u don't keep them trimmed and brushed....lol cute as hell, but a pain in the ass...look on the American Kennel Club website (akc.com), and if u don't find it there, u could contact them via e-mail or phone, and i'm sure they could hook u up with what you need to know...

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    My friend had an American Eskimo and it was a great dog!! You are looking to stud him out right?? Sorry I don't have any input or advice on breeding, but I must put my 2 cents in. Nothing against you, and I am not directing this directly at you, but I am not a fan of backyard breeders. For those who don't know what a BYB here is a little info I pulled up

WHAT THEY ARE
    The average pet owner that breeds their dog(s).

Most of the general public thinks that just because they have *papers* on their dog, that means their dog is breed material. All papers mean is that the dog(s) parents were registered, and nothing more. It does NOT mean QUALITY! It does NOT mean the dog is CORRECT for the Standards for that breed. Most of the dogs that are registered are NOT breed material, but make fine pets.

WHAT THEY DO (and what they DON’T DO)

1) They breed dogs that are not correct for the Standards for health, temperament, and how they *suppose* to look. This is why many of the back-yard breedings that take place produce puppies which grows into adults that are incorrect.

2) They breed dogs that have the same faults, which in turn, compounds faults into the puppies.

3) They do not know the breed standards for the breed they are breeding.

4) They do not know what genetic (health) issues are for the breed they are breeding, they say that there are NO problems associated with the breed, or ask, “what problems?”

5) They are not there for you IF you have problems or questions through-out the lifetime of your dog.

6) They do not require spay/neuter contracts, nor do they supply you with a written contract/guarantee, nor do they require the dog be returned to them if you can no longer keep the animal.

7) They think they can make just a little money breeding.

8) Some will screen potential buyers and some won’t. Most really don’t care what happens to the puppy after it leaves their house.

WHY THEY CREATE DAMAGE

1) With them not requiring spay/neuters, when those dogs are eventually bred (as most will do), then it compounds the problems... more and more dogs are being produced in an overly populated world already. Just go to your local shelter and look at all those dogs. They were someone’s pet at some point in their life. Most of them would come from someone just wanting to breed their pets just once or twice.

2) By continued irresponsible breeding(s), more and more dogs end up in rescue, shelters, dumped, research labs, used as bait dogs for dog fighting (YES IT STILL HAPPENS!!!!!) or at the hands of commerical dog breeders (Puppy Mill Breeders) or commerical brokers (Puppy Mill Brokers).
    Note: Brokers buy from the commercial dog breeders and sell directly to the PetStores or directly to the Public

Diary of a Mad-man is offline Associate Member
    qualityclrk1, thank you

hmmmmm, thanks I think kman. I'm no michael vick.

I basicly have a Big one thats a male, and bought a small female 2 years later. They were both born on Valentine's day! (that works as a sales bitch to girls). So my dogs locked up when she went into heat one day. A dog will eat through a diaper to get the goods.

HEY LOOK AT MY FREUDIAN SLIP ABOVE^^^^ I MEANT *PITCH* LOL WHOOPS

Had 6 medium sized puppies, gave one to friend, sold others to people in my area. It was hectic. Puppies will wear you out. The people are white trash sometimes and you have to screen them. You get calls from wasted sounding people saying they will trade you DVDs.

I thought I would try it a second time and had 4 puppies. This didnt go so well, because they didnt sell fast. Matter of fact, we got kind of attached to 2 of them. So now I have 4 of these dogs. Now momma is fixed.

Since there are cult followings so to speak for this breed of dog, and they have small litters, I dont see anything wrong with people breeding them. Do you prefer some pet store or puppy mill do it with zero compasion? or someone like me who decides not even to give away the last 2 $600 dogs, because they are so attached to them?
    -----------------------------------------
    In regards to the manifesto....
    The pet store lied to me about my small ass dog. Said it would be big. She has "papers". No different from a private breeder.

I dont have time to respond to the endless lines, but it sounds like a bunch of things that pet stores or whoever are capable of. I know my dogs have sensative skin and have to be washed with oatmeal shampoo, from experience. Pet stores never told me this.

This kinda sounds a little Hitlery/euginicish.....when you get into not breeding undesirables and genes. My dogs are supposed to be known for hip problems. Mom and Dad were fine, but 1 out of all my puppys (I keep in touch with 2 others for a total of 4 puppies I keep tabs on) has hip problems. Should I put the puppy in front of a firing squad, or gas mom and dad for having a recesive genes? Most of the people on this site arent happy with their genes. You're saying I should have never bred them b/c of the possibility of hip problems?

I agree, people are evil and not everyone should do this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Random question, studding my dog-p1010028.jpg   Random question, studding my dog-p1010180.jpg  
    Last edited by Diary of a Mad-man; 03-07-2008 at 10:56 AM.

scottish is offline Associate Member
    Kman, couldnt of said it better about having the papers.. You need to do a background check and see if the dog is good for breeding. You dont want to adversely affect the offspring with bad genes. You need to have the hips checked so you can guarantee them in the pups. You have to have eyes checked, and just about everything else you could think of.. Unless you just want to be a BYB...

Every ancestor on my Rotties pedigree, are either american, canadian, or international champions. Every one of them.. You have to decide if your in it for the money, or to better the breed?

Thread Information