Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr Tick is offline Associate Member

High Risk High Pay Jobs

Does anyone know how or where to find thies kinds of jobs. Im looking for something like ice road trucking or Alaska crab fishing. Something along thies lines. Something where the work is a few months to a year for high pay.

Thanks

I have searched through google and other search engines so please dont respond with google it.

High-roller is offline Member
    Well google should bring you to a job search, I never use google I use Yahoo, Job Connect

monster.com has never failed me.

i think u gotta know people or have connections to get into that sort of thing though.

sure does sound like an adventure! you've been watching too much discovery channel.

i dont think its possible to get 6 meals a day and have even somewhat of a lifting routine while pursueing any of those jobs

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRob2001 View Post
    Does anyone know how or where to find thies kinds of jobs. Im looking for something like ice road trucking or Alaska crab fishing. Something along thies lines. Something where the work is a few months to a year for high pay.

Thanks

I have searched through google and other search engines so please dont respond with google it.
    deep water welder.. check Texas
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Party store owner downtown Detroit

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    monster.com has never failed me.

i think u gotta know people or have connections to get into that sort of thing though.

sure does sound like an adventure! you've been watching too much discovery channel.
    i dont think its possible to get 6 meals a day and have even somewhat of a lifting routine while pursueing any of those jobs

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    they dont make that much money

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    My buddy does that for the army. Its one of the most dangerous jobs n the world. He got a $100,000 sign on bonus4it though.

lotaquestions is offline Banned
    i researched alaskan jobs when i was coming out of high school. the money is definatly there but you work for it. u have to have 5 yrs experience to get on a crab boat, but you can make good money working on a salmon boat $20000 in about 3-4 months. however you live on the boat and you work 20 hours a day (no exagerating) and you get paid on commision. give it a shot, i wish i would have.

TheArtist is offline Member
    would love to do that someday.... gotta get certified to weld first.

but my old man has been wanting to do the alaska ice trucking thing... you can potentially, make 30-50k in 3 months... thats is, provided you own your own truck, and it doesn't break down. or you don't fall through the ice. and Yes, you have to know someone to get in.

Blog Entries
    Highest-Paying Jobs in the US

Do what you love and the money will follow is great in theory, but the truth of the matter is, certain jobs and fields simply pay more. The Bureau of Labor Statistics National Compensation Survey showed, for example, that white-collar earnings, which averaged $21.85 per hour, were the highest among occupational groups. Blue-collar pay averaged $15.03 per hour, while the hourly pay of service occupations averaged just $10.40.

The jobs that pay the most require at least a four-year college degree. According to the most recent data from the Employment Policy Foundation, the nation’s 12 top-paying jobs -- and the mean annual income reported in 2003 for each -- were:

Top Paying Jobs Overall

# Physicians and surgeons -- $147,000
    # Aircraft pilots -- $133,500
    # Chief executives -- $116,000
    # Electrical and electronic engineers -- $112,000
    # Lawyers and judges -- $99,800
    # Dentists -- $90,000
    # Pharmacists -- $85,500
    # Management analysts -- $84,700
    # Computer and information system managers -- $83,000
    # Financial analysts, managers and advisors -- $84,000
    # Marketing and sales managers -- $80,000
    # Education administrators -- $80,000

Though many of these occupations require an advanced degree, there are jobs at every education level that pay more than other jobs for workers with similar levels of schooling. Here, courtesy of the Employment Policy Foundation, is a look at the best-paying occupations at varying education levels:

Top Paying Jobs That Do Not Require a High School Degree
    These jobs tend to require substantial on-the-job training and work experience rather than formal education and schooling:

# Industrial production managers -- $36,000
    # Bailiffs, correctional officers and jailers -- $36,400
    # Drafters -- $36,000
    # Construction manager -- $33,600
    # Electricians -- $31,900

Top Paying Jobs for High School Graduates
    These occupations emphasize work experience and on-the-job training rather than formal education:

# Computer software engineers -- $58,900
    # Computer/information systems managers -- $56,400
    # Computer programmers -- $55,000
    # Network systems and data communications analysts -- $49,000
    # General and operations managers -- $48,000
    # Database, network and computer systems administrators -- $48,000

Top Paying Jobs for a Two-Year College Degree
    The following jobs tend to be technical in nature, emphasizing skills developed on the job as well as job-specific training and certifications:

# Healthcare practitioners -- $66,000
    # Business analysts -- $58,000
    # Electrical and electronic engineers -- $57,000
    # Mechanical engineers -- $56,800
    # General and operations managers -- $54,000
    # Computer and information systems managers -- $50,400

ref http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseek...stpay0505.aspx

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I’ll tell you the most dangerous job in the world.

Being your own boss, depending on yourself to generate income to pay your bills, feed your family and not fail.

I don’t have a family, but I am under HUGE amounts of stress that will probably kill me by the time I’m 40.

I make good money doing it for the most part, but let me be the first to tell you, if you make it….you’ll spend it. I often wonder if I would be happier working a 9-5 making 30k a year.

I own a roofing company and rental properties though, dealing with people, competing for work is very hard, it’s a cut throat business.

I’ll be the first person to speak up about “non degree” jobs. You can make WAY more money with out college than any teacher is going to tell you, if you are the right person. You have to have drive, you have to desire things and you have to have the right mind set. You have to have the confidence, that no matter what happens…you’ll find a way.

I have a 4 year degree in Accounting that I’ve never used. I could get an accounting job and make 40k a year but I can make double that biding construction work and busting my ass.

And Electricians make 30k a year now according that that survey? My step dad made 80k a year in the electrical union. Electricians bidding their own work can make over 100k.
    Hell you can make 50k a year being a prison guard in most states.

College IMO is for some people….but not for most. Colleges want too much money to teach the youth anymore. If you want money, you will make it, you will be under stress but you have it or you don’t, you cannot teach yourself ambition.

TheArtist is offline Member
    sound advice, HOWEVER, without that piece of paper that says you're "educated" it's hard to get your foot in the door anywhere... and if you do... you'll more than likely start at the bottom and have to work your way up... which will take several years... years you coulda been at school... thereafter, you can start "near" the top.... but not at the bottom... lol i hope that makes sense...

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post

Being your own boss, depending on yourself to generate income to pay your bills, feed your family and not fail.

I don’t have a family, but I am under HUGE amounts of stress that will probably kill me by the time I’m 40.

I make good money doing it for the most part, but let me be the first to tell you, if you make it….you’ll spend it. I often wonder if I would be happier working a 9-5 making 30k a year.

I own a roofing company and rental properties though, dealing with people, competing for work is very hard, it’s a cut throat business.

I’ll be the first person to speak up about “non degree” jobs. You can make WAY more money with out college than any teacher is going to tell you, if you are the right person. You have to have drive, you have to desire things and you have to have the right mind set. You have to have the confidence, that no matter what happens…you’ll find a way.

I have a 4 year degree in Accounting that I’ve never used. I could get an accounting job and make 40k a year but I can make double that biding construction work and busting my ass.

And Electricians make 30k a year now according that that survey? My step dad made 80k a year in the electrical union. Electricians bidding their own work can make over 100k.

College IMO is for some people….but not for most. Colleges want too much money to teach the youth anymore. If you want money, you will make it, you will be under stress but you have it or you don’t, you cannot teach yourself ambition.
    so true...
    or try juggling both..
    thats what I'm doing..
    got a blue collar 60k a year job..than I do my trading business, always studying analyzing,, n trading.. it can be stressful

but it gets to a point, where it is not even about money, it is more about performance.. I do not even look at my account anymore, I just make sure I am performing up to par, and adapting to changes. You usually have an idea if u're up on a day or down.. than at the end of the month if u want u can count your chicken, but not even necessary, just keep performing.

hopefully one day get to the point, where i can quit my day job.. but not there yet.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Drug Dealer

breacherup is offline Associate Member

Questions?

Thanks

Have you ever driven a truck or worked on a fishing boat? I don't know of many jobs that are high risk/high pay that are open to people who haven't proven themselves in their fields.Usually by starting at the bottom and working hard for considerable time for not a lot of money.
    Someone posted a list of the highest paying jobs in the US with doctor/surgeon at the top, but the money comes after years of education and training ,not to mention student loans.
    I have been working in Iraq and Afghanistan since leaving the army, but it is the 20 plus years of experience that qualify me for these jobs.
    Good luck.

become a world class bodybuilder hahahahaha it is that easy

Nope no experience on either of those occupations. I to own my own business. I do decorative concrete curbing. For residential and commercial flower gardens.
    That is the reason im looking for a job thats high risk thats short work. I make 45k a year but with paying for the buisness and house note and stuff leaves very little money left for the rest of the bills. I need to be able to save up some money so i can quit my job and be okay for at least 6 months. The buisness is almost payed off so that will be off my back in about 10 months. But heres the kicker i need at least 1 month off to go to flordia and train and get better at doing the curbing before i can go out there and really promote it. No one even knows what it is here where i live. So i dont want to put it out there and get a bad rep on it before i really even get started. With my current job its very hard to get anytime to really practice it. So im stuck. I cant quit to get the time because i need the money. I cant get the practice i need because i dont have the time off work. Vacation is out of the question. I cant take more then about a week off at the most so. Thats why im looking into the high risk high pay jobs. I have dont work here and there for family and friends but quality is not up to my standerds of where it should be at.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post

Almost like I have written itthen the government or locals are always making new laws or wanting more fees while I make less each year

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
    Almost like I have written itthen the government or locals are always making new laws or wanting more fees while I make less each year
    I feel the same way about locals and government taxes and I think most business owners do. The fact is, we are pillars in the community and also a minority when it comes to voting.

The local city officials should love me, I’m young, very ambitious I’ve taken 5 of the ugliest homes in the city and remodeled them, increasing the value of not only my homes, but the value of the neighborhood they are in….allowing the state and city to collect more taxes from the higher value homes. Instead, they give me consistant grief, I often have to setup a meeting with the city manager to resolve issues.

On top of that, in 1993 a clever state official decided to make a bill called “Proposal A” to lower the property tax of homes in Michigan. 1 of 10 people in Michigan own more than one home. You know how they lowered it? They lowered the the mills the state uses for school funds on the homes that are claimed “Homestead” Or a “Primary residence” and simply increased the milliage on “non-homestead” homes by 3 times to make up for it. Pretty clever, and 90% of voters get lower taxes and the 10% who do, get stuck with the bill.

Nope no experience on either of those occupations. I to own my own business. I do decorative concrete curbing. For residential and commercial flower gardens.
    That is the reason im looking for a job thats high risk thats short work. I make 45k a year but with paying for the buisness and house note and stuff leaves very little money left for the rest of the bills. I need to be able to save up some money so i can quit my job and be okay for at least 6 months. The buisness is almost payed off so that will be off my back in about 10 months. But heres the kicker i need at least 1 month off to go to flordia and train and get better at doing the curbing before i can go out there and really promote it. No one even knows what it is here where i live. So i dont want to put it out there and get a bad rep on it before i really even get started. With my current job its very hard to get anytime to really practice it. So im stuck. I cant quit to get the time because i need the money. I cant get the practice i need because i dont have the time off work. Vacation is out of the question. I cant take more then about a week off at the most so. Thats why im looking into the high risk high pay jobs. I have dont work here and there for family and friends but quality is not up to my standerds of where it should be at.
    So you are looking for a high risk/high paying job that will allow you to keep your decorative curbing business?

BabyGravy is offline Junior Member
    become a Stripper or a P.I.M.P

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Get a job at blackwater as a defense person they get payed 200K+ for 6 months

Help Wanted: Defense Person

Quote Originally Posted by Lexed View Post
    Get a job at blackwater as a defense person they get payed 200K+ for 6 months
    200k for six months as a "defense person"?
    Are you basing this on experience or on something your best friend's uncle read on the internet? The money in Iraq is good but there are very few people making a thousand a day, and those jobs go to people who have worked many years in elite military and law enforcement units-people with language and weapons training and high level security clearances.

Blog Entries
    Black water dosnt work for the military its a defense contarcter helping protect rich and powerful people in iraq and other dangerous places. The people that do this job are basically private mercenaries

Blog Entries
    and these "private mercenaries" are not obligated by Iraqi law

Blog Entries
    How much does a private soldier with Blackwater make? Private Security Workers Living On Edge in Iraq

Freeman, of Portsmouth, Va., said he joined Blackwater after seeing some Marines on television during the invasion of Iraq in 2003. “I’d been missing it for a while,” he recalled. “I said ‘Man, I really need to get back into this.’ ” But with average pay of $500 to $600 a day, he said, the money was also a big draw for him and his buddies. He said he planned to work for Blackwater for three years to save up cash for retirement — and a sailboat.

http://tangledwing.wordpress.com/200...urity-program/

How much does a private soldier with Blackwater make? Private Security Workers Living On Edge in Iraq

Freeman, of Portsmouth, Va., said he joined Blackwater after seeing some Marines on television during the invasion of Iraq in 2003. “I’d been missing it for a while,” he recalled. “I said ‘Man, I really need to get back into this.’ ” But with average pay of $500 to $600 a day, he said, the money was also a big draw for him and his buddies. He said he planned to work for Blackwater for three years to save up cash for retirement — and a sailboat.

http://tangledwing.wordpress.com/200...urity-program/
    600 dollars a day for six months would be a little over 100k-not the "200k plus" you stated earlier.
    Blackwater gets most of it's contracts from the State Department, they provide security for US diplomats, and officials of the Iraqi and Afghani government.
    This is why I asked you if you had any experience, or if your post was based on something you heard or read.
    Last edited by breacherup; 03-09-2008 at 04:13 PM.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Start a hedge fund. Thats a pretty huge risk/reward. Although for 99% of people would be alot more risky.

brewerpi is offline Associate Member

I is a defense contarcter...

Black water dosnt work for the military its a defense contarcter helping protect rich and powerful people in iraq and other dangerous places. The people that do this job are basically private mercenaries
    Defense CONTRACTORS by definition work for and/or provide services, materials and equipment for the Dept. of Defense or defense departments of a given country.
    Blackwater is best categorized as a PMC (Private Military Company) by and large they are hired by the US State Dept. and other private companies doing business in war zones.
    As it relates to this thread, I doubt seriously that Blackwater will hire a curb maker/decorator for high pay/high risk ops in Iraq or Afghanistan.
    Last edited by brewerpi; 03-09-2008 at 10:48 PM.

bigt10 is offline Member
    Ya dude why dont you work for blackwater.

hell the state pays for it to. theyre freinds at the fed are printing the money they dont pay for it so a good choice.

if you wanna make some money go work on oil rig, find some inland rigs down in texas. you can make a killing working on the rigs.

get a welding license you can weld the pipes for the oil.

most people as the other guy said are self driven hustlers. a degree or cllege wont get u there.

its all supply and demand now bro. do some skilled labour.

if everyone is trying to go college and shit then they become worthless and all the jobs that pay well for going to college you are going to have to finish or go back and get a masters or something. face it if everyone gets a degree then you have to get a masters degree or a honours w/e.

as J-dogg said its cut throat. connections help. look at pro bodybuilders they only got their form working harder then the rest and being self drive. look at a guy like ronnie.

survival of the fittest not the most educated.

there is plenty of people who sweat their asses off trying to make them selves academics and dotn get what what they want after like crazy salary and get dis heartened. some roughneck can go work on a oil rig and make a killing. its all market and supply and demand.

and if you cant afford college i would stay away from it. debt is a bad thing.

Reprisal 6 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Drug Dealer
    Great post
    Solid advise.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    There's better ways to make money in welding than underwater welding. You're only allowed to do it for 7 years I think, if you live that long. From what I've heard not alot of people do...

You have to be in shape like a marine to do it too. I'm a journeyman welder and I would personally never pursue it. If you don't die on the job from getting electrocuted (its electric welding under water remember) or from getting eaten from some deep sea/lake creature (They're attracted to the light. I've known underwater welders who have given it up after seeing some scary shit at deep depths), it's suppose to take around 10 years off your life also.

If someone wanted to make big bucks in welding I say get your certifications, buy a truck and weld pipe in the oil patch. Welders with their own trucks doing pressure welding can make anywhere from 200k-350k a year depending on where you work. The only downside to that is you're running your own business and you're on the road most of the year (better hope you have a faithful girlfriend/wife). I just might pursue that yet. I just got a job working in a shop at the uranium mines making around 90k-100k/year. I'll do that for a bit and see if I still want to hit the oil fields in a couple years.
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 03-10-2008 at 12:36 AM.

sphincter is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotaquestions View Post
    i researched alaskan jobs when i was coming out of high school. the money is definatly there but you work for it. u have to have 5 yrs experience to get on a crab boat, but you can make good money working on a salmon boat $20000 in about 3-4 months. however you live on the boat and you work 20 hours a day (no exagerating) and you get paid on commision. give it a shot, i wish i would have.
    I make over $20k in 4 months sitting comfortably at my desk in my office in SoCal.. I couldn't imagine working a salmon or crab boat 20+ hours a day for the same money...

Yeah but in cal the houses are like 250k and up for anything. Hell can i move in with you for a few months with no rent and make some money.

breacherup thats exactly what i need. Im not doing the curbing right now because i dont have the time and thats why i need something that i can do to make some bank to keep me a float paying bills while my curbing buisness takes off.

serapis is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breacherup View Post
    600 dollars a day for six months would be a little over 100k-not the "200k plus" you stated earlier.
    Blackwater gets most of it's contracts from the State Department, they provide security for US diplomats, and officials of the Iraqi and Afghani government.
    This is why I asked you if you had any experience, or if your post was based on something you heard or read.
    +1 on that.....maybe a former detachment guy can make 1K per day.

Blog Entries
    What up with all these noobs replying to old posts ?

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    What's wrong sweet pea? stressed out? I'm bringing the rubbing oil over after work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information