rimz is offline Junior Member

LASIK surgery while on cycle.

I am scheduled to have LASIK eye surgery next Thursday, but was just wondering if there would be any problems doing this while on cycle. I'm on a test/dbol cycle right now. Didn't know if anybody else has had it done on cycle and if it affected your healing time or any other factors.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Rimz,... I did a bunch of research on this last year and could not make out for sure what affect it would have on mine...last year I did a cycle right after I got the surgery and all I can say from my experience was that i don't know if it affected it or not???lol... I had read that steroids may retard the healing process, but i still did it... one thing I can say is that i don't regret it. also, i probably wouldn't be on a cycle while they are assessing my vision prior to getting it.. think about it, you want the best reading possible so they correct it without any flaw.

sorry I couldn't help more. that was the best I gathered and my experience last year.

Well I had my vision checked back in January before I started my cycle. I just week back today for my pre-op consultation and I have been on cycle for about 6 weeks. My vision was exactly the same as in January, so I don't think it will affect that in anyway. I did figure that the healing process may be slowed a little, which isn't that big of a deal to me. I can deal with discomfort and eye drops for a bit longer. I was just curious about it having any very bad effects on my vision.

Just be very carefull, it's more than your vision on/off cycle... some drugs (like being on ECA) can and do affect small but horribly important things like pupil constriction and dilation %...

Pupil size will directly affect the width of the lasik beam and can cause halos FOR LIFE if they zap too small a width because your pupils were not 100% normal.

You only got 2 eyes, and any surgery on them is a heck of a lot more sensitive than having a freakin mole removed on your ass or an appendix removed.

Take it from someone who has lived thru over a year of nightmares caused by a botched lasik surgery... TAKE YOUR TIME, choose your surgeon well, and make sure you've been clean for a while before you allow anyone to zap your eyes. Why take a chance?

Red

Ok well I may just look at putting mine off til a later date. I do have another question though. I have a friend who is wanting it done as well but he is on a tbol only cycle. Would he be ok if he stopped taking them like a week before to let his body adjust and his pupils be normal when he gets there for the measurements?

I don't know rimz, I don't know how every compound affects pupil dilation. I know about ECA 'cause I asked an ophtalmologist (he said it constricted the pupil slightly and increased IOP (Intra occular pressure) a bit. He also said many meds can have occular side effects.

I'm guessing that your friend will be ok after a few weeks, but to be safe he should check with the doctor... I'm no doctor and I definetly do not want to dish out advice that could adversely affect someones vision... it's just too important to mess with.

Red

I was just thinking that being an oral it shouldnt really affect anything if he comes off a week before. It should give time for his eyes to be back normal.

Has nobody ever done LASIK while they were actually on cycle?

Thread Information